• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

Ready for some new brawls. Even if it's just more variations on the pick 3 and ARAM, though preferably something more unique as well.

scoobs

Interesting how much Nazeebo we have seen from Korea and that they're going 100% spider build. Big difference between Korea and North America Nazeebo.

Maledict

I thought NA and EU were all spider build as well? Don't recall seeing the other build used at all (even though I think for solo hero league play it's probably better).

scoobs

MVP Black back on top? They're beating the shit out of L5 on cursed hollow...

NA and EU do spider build but it's not always 100% spider talents

Maledict

Yeah, occasionally they take blood ritual at 4. To be honest, I do that myself - the healing off spiders can be very hit and miss, whilst the ability to self sustain in lane sometimes is amazing, particularly on some maps. But certainly no-one in EU is going anything other than a spider build now.

Milly79

Just had an ARAM with a Valla that would use her ult on mercs, barely broke 30k damage in a 25m game, kept vaulting into their team every chance they had. They also had a Rag that never used his trait once and still almost won with orbital BFG.

Like how in the fuck can you be so bad at one of the easiest heroes in the game?

scoobs

L5 looked tilted as fuck all tournament, were definitely out of their element. MVP Black back on top in Korea apparently... interesting

Altairre

Going back to the wormhole build with Zeratul. Seeker is just too reliant on hitting my spike to engage on someone. With wormhole I can at least blink at the target and hit the spike from close range. Also spent like an hour just practising his combo on the dummy and various heroes. Hope I can improve my winrate with him a bit.

Going back to the wormhole build with Zeratul. Seeker is just too reliant on hitting my spike to engage on someone. With wormhole I can at least blink at the target and hit the spike from close range. Also spent like an hour just practising his combo on the dummy and various heroes. Hope I can improve my winrate with him a bit.
You don't have to engage with seeker. Walk in Q auto a squishy blink or evade if the opponents try to hit you. If the squishy backed away from the team vorpal in and you still have seeker to chase or dodge the enemy team on a random structure/minion. If not just walk away and try harassing them again.

I was reluctant to give up wormhole but seeker is just so much better.

brian!

I wouldnt say seeker is always better
Seeker pros: more dmg, extra mobility, extra escape
Wormhole pros: quicker/safer dmg, ability to snipe over terrain, another ability to bait out cds

Seeker works fine in most situations, but id recommend wormhole against heavy or easy cc

Should learn both for sure

Ketch

Whenever I've played him, I've been torn between whether I'm a drag on the team or the only thing propping the team up to keep the game going because he functions a lot like release version Ragnaros (at least defensively). You aren't great offensively, but you can stall like a son of a bitch. I typically finish with few if any deaths, most siege, most EXP, and Artanis level damage. I just don't know. I agree wholeheartedly his range is booty tier and needs to be buffed, however. Putting down a W is life and death at times.

Yea he's totally a double edged sword. Very similar to abathur right now. You are the reason your team is losing, but you are also the reason the other team can't win. It actually just makes the game worse overall.

It like techies in dota

Altairre

I'm playing qm so I just like the extra safety that wormhole provides. Sure, you can technically evade with spike (though you need a minion or structure nearby) if you take seeker but that also means you're missing out on the spike damage. What I do is blink in, spike, auto, cleave, auto, wormhole back. If I then still want to chase and if it's safe to do so I can vorpal back to the target which also gives me another crit from the blink reactivation.

Altairre

My issue with wormhole has always been that if they are on point with stuns you're fucked. A good KT used to be a nightmare.

That is completely true, if they expect it and are able to stun you out of your wormhole then you're just fucked. Not really a big problem in the kind of quickmatch games I'm in though. I do intend to learn to play with seeker but at this point I just want to get comfortable with my combos and general play. Once I reach that point (should only take a couple of years) then I'll give seeker another go.

Maledict

Please people, for the love of god, don't draft Lucio on BoE. He is utterly worthless in every respect there - the game is over before he even hits level 16, and early game he brings nothing at all.

Maledict

It's actually his highest winrate map though.

Then God must hate me, because I have yet to win a single game with him on that map. Feels like we don't even have a healer with him. Why they keep nerfing his base healing and not his level 16 talents is beyond me...

I dont regret buying Sondius but I think it needs some buffs on its E and R or being more radical and add a shield battery instead of the cannon

Altairre

Mruky has become my go to hero when I just want to relax for a bit. With Zera I'm always super focused and on the edge but with Murky I can just kinda do stuff.

Edit: I assume Sondius is German? I have my game in English so I actually don't even know the German names.

Altairre

I should just stop playing on Sunday evenings. You get the most yolo ass players. A Kharazim that runs 1v5 into the enemy team five times after he just respawned. Completely insane Butchers that just charge into enemy towers and forts. Jesus.

Kioshen

Abathur, murky, gazlowe, Chagall, nova, and now probi

Only Techies can stack mines and blow you up randomly on the map. Aba used to be able to but they toned down his mines at least. It's just an annoyance instead of limiting movement out of the map out of fear. I was talking more about that than the "troll" type of heroes that can just be very polarising.
-----------

It has been a while since I've played KT and never did play him since he lost his op level 16 talent. He's surprisingly still fun and very potent. Love being an independent mage that can damage from afar, clear waves really fast and even take siege at 13 and hard solo at 16.

Arthas is dope but Sonya remains bae

If they want to keep Sonya a bruiser in QM they should look at stone skin and hardened shield. Doesn't make her a tank but that's a shitton of extra health.

Ketch

speaking of playing old heroes. raynor is like the ultimate IDGAF hero.

I'm here to auto attack and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

scoobs

speaking of playing old heroes. raynor is like the ultimate IDGAF hero.

I'm here to auto attack and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Lol too true. Did you try his new buffed Banshees?

Unfortunately for ol' Raynor, Valla and Zuljin have kind of eaten his cake. Raynor could use some sprucing up of his talents to make him a little more interesting.

Ketch

they should give him buffed versions of focus attack, giant killer, and nexus frenzy. Since it's like his only thing

edit: did not try new banshees, but I got a hyperion triple kill in the brawl.

Alur

Knocked out some Ragnaros games to belatedly finish getting him to 10 on my main account. Not sure if I want to buy the master or not. Lil Dadnaros is the best.

If they want to keep Sonya a bruiser in QM they should look at stone skin and hardened shield. Doesn't make her a tank but that's a shitton of extra health.

Fallen victim to that Sonya bullshit two or three times already. No tank on our team, other team's Sonya recognizes and becomes unkillable late game. Ketch and I did manage to win against one when their team threw at the boss pit when way up on BHB. They tried to stop our boss cap and got shrekt and we marched all the way through the keep to core for the GG.

Still pretty unbalanced, though.

I don't want them to change her but her talent tree does not work with their QM changes. Like I end up queuing into Thrall a ton as sonya, list of bruisers is also a bit small, and she trashes him.

Alur

Hmm, I hadn't looked at that. I'm guessing Rag is classified as a bruiser too then, maybe? Not even in the same league with Sonya for that.

Ketch

they should buff thrall and ..... ... . Rag's HP?

lol jk don't buff rag.

but bruiser should just be a legit role that includes thrall and rag.

QM is not gonna be fair. never has been, never will be. I'd rather have sonya vs thrall then sonya vs muradin as far as what the rules are doing tbh.

scoobs

they should buff thrall and ..... ... . Rag's HP?

lol jk don't buff rag.

but bruiser should just be a legit role that includes thrall and rag.

QM is not gonna be fair. never has been, never will be. I'd rather have sonya vs thrall then sonya vs muradin as far as what the rules are doing tbh.
Agreed, too many times in the past I'd be stuck trying to tank as Sonya versus muradin or ETC, and it simply wasn't fair.

I love the new rules, smart change to make quick match SLIGHTLY less cancerous.

Top Bottom