• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

brian!

I feel like stitches is a good meat shield for what you describe and agree that his kit is good against those heroes but i dunno if id consider it a counter

brian!

Delaying entry into master/gm at the start of the season is a great idea, maybe put a game minimum on it like hotslogs does

Honestly though, like while there are pros and cons for making a straight-up mmr based system, i kinda wish they could just test it out and see how the quality of the matches are

Alur

I feel like most of the complaints from pro players are a mix of pure bellyaching with some reasonable takes mixed in. I was watching Mc last night, for example, and I'm pretty sure he said that Blizzard had improved the game dramatically but the game was worse now because of some of their decisions. That made me want to post the Giant Bomb GIF everyone uses in his Twitch chat, if GIFs actually worked there.

Things like wanting better matchmaking are understandable, but I also find it to be bullshit coming from those dudes (NA pros in particular). Even in the previous incarnations of SEL they get toxic about having other pro players or pro level players on their team who aren't on the "top" teams and it caused the league to break down. No matter what Blizzard did there they'd be unhappy with it. They just don't have enough players at that level on at one time that pros would find acceptable to make it work. This game doesn't attract or retain that level of player, and again, even if it did NA pros would bitch because they weren't on a good team so they couldn't be good.

brian!

Yeah while i can understand not wanting to play poorly matched games it's pretty self-defeating to have unrealistic expectations w/r/t what blizz mm can give them. But i mean on the other hand when i watch kure stream he just seems so miserable lol, like he's out here grinding it out but he has to babysit in pretty much every game he's in

I do think high mmr players should be given the option to have like 20+ min queue times for better matches tho, but it's extra work for blizz and i dont think they have great incentives to implement stuff for such a miniscule population

But w/r/t the rest of the population, i think stricter definitions of mmr brackets and soft resets could be good things for the health of the game in general. The fact that diamond 3 is the limit for placements in an environment where diamond 3 can represent really good players and really bad players on top of the matchmaking trying to prioritize average team mmr (instead of trying to limit the mmr variance within a single game) probably makes for a chaotic environment + personal skill isnt here like it is in other mobas, which makes a lot of frauds get through and skilled ppl get lost in the cracks...i dunno like the dream is that you can have a match w/ 9 other ppl who are on the level in terms of skill and knowledge, but yeah it feels apparent that this isn't feasible atm

Maledict

Meh. sorry but I just refuse to listen to NA pros complaining anymore. To put it bluntly - it's a problem of their own making, and their own dumb ignorance makes it worse. EU and Korean pros play all the time and don't whine as much as the NA pros.

brian!

I dont really watch too many streams anymore but i have barely heard a peep from na pros about hl, im pretty sure they've already accepted it lol

There was anger, denial, bargaining, depression, and now they are finally at acceptance

Kure doesnt really complain about the mm, he just suffers, highly recommend his stream if you want to watch a salty sufferer. Every game he'll at least once start typing out some paragraph in game and delete it and mutter to himself "no...it's not worth it..."

Alur

Isn't Kure known in the community to both pros and plebs as pretty toxic? Like every time SEL is up I see people in the various chats reference it. He must not delete all of those paragraphs lol

Milly79

Grubby starts typing a lot too and deletes a ton. It's odd he's so highly considered level headed. He throws snark around like a mofo.

brian!

Isn't Kure known in the community to both pros and plebs as pretty toxic? Like every time SEL is up I see people in the various chats reference it. He must not delete all of those paragraphs lol

yeah he def doesn't, but you can see him struggling haha
he's semi-toxic...well I guess it depends on how you look at it lol. i've definitely seen him hound ppl needlessly but it's always gamepl- fuck it he's toxic lmao

yo what's arthas's build right now, mac has him at s tier
im guessing:
1. frost presence...maybe rime when it's appropriate? frost presence looks broken though
4. frozen wastes/deathlord if for some reason im soloing
7. they all look decent, prob icebound fortitude if I don't think I need sustain, 35 secs is pretty short and the cc reduction is really good since that's exactly what arthas needs
10. sindragosa for fun...lots of maps are sindragosa autopick to me, and iirc the army ult only got zombie health buff? but army is also underrated for diving and it's cd is lower
13. shattered armor also looks broken
16. remorseless looks like the proper pick but embrace death is strong
20. anti-magic

Milly79

Arthas is fucking broken and damn near unkillable. He's definitely getting nerfed. Funny that whenever we run that build we get shredded.

Alur

It's weird, on the mobile version I can still see Proto's post but on the desktop version it shows me his edited post. The mobile version is clearly the darkest timeline.

Ketch

yeah he def doesn't, but you can see him struggling haha
he's semi-toxic...well I guess it depends on how you look at it lol. i've definitely seen him hound ppl needlessly but it's always gamepl- fuck it he's toxic lmao

yo what's arthas's build right now, mac has him at s tier
im guessing:
1. frost presence...maybe rime when it's appropriate? frost presence looks broken though
4. frozen wastes/deathlord if for some reason im soloing
7. they all look decent, prob icebound fortitude if I don't think I need sustain, 35 secs is pretty short and the cc reduction is really good since that's exactly what arthas needs
10. sindragosa for fun...lots of maps are sindragosa autopick to me, and iirc the army ult only got zombie health buff? but army is also underrated for diving and it's cd is lower
13. shattered armor also looks broken
16. remorseless looks like the proper pick but embrace death is strong
20. anti-magic

Rime is hella strong. 3 block charges on 5 sec cooldown, the fact that they're only 60% doesnt matter cause he's already got 15 base armor. the immortal coil build at 7 and 16 is still really good, but icebound is very strong. I think shattered armor and frost strike are pretty equal. And then 16 is definitely remorseless. I think death's advance at 20 is the default and you just go anti magic shell if you really need it.

I think a lot of it is probably based around what ultimate you go with. Like syndragosa + immortal coil build is legit. Or zombies + ice bound, remorseless, and death's advance to just run at people and not die.

I don't think he needs to be nerfed as he's pretty countered by mobile ranged heroes. Like falstad eats his lunch.

brian!

Rime is hella strong. 3 block charges on 5 sec cooldown, the fact that they're only 60% doesnt matter cause he's already got 15 base armor. the immortal coil build at 7 and 16 is still really good, but icebound is very strong. I think shattered armor and frost strike are pretty equal. And then 16 is definitely remorseless. I think death's advance at 20 is the default and you just go anti magic shell if you really need it.

I think a lot of it is probably based around what ultimate you go with. Like syndragosa + immortal coil build is legit. Or zombies + ice bound, remorseless, and death's advance to just run at people and not die.

I don't think he needs to be nerfed as he's pretty countered by mobile ranged heroes. Like falstad eats his lunch.

yeah rime def looks a bit overtuned

Altairre

Grubby starts typing a lot too and deletes a ton. It's odd he's so highly considered level headed. He throws snark around like a mofo.

I think it's mostly because it never really feels like he's whining about the game. He also pretty much never sends any of the more snarky replies. For example, McIntyre isn't particularly snarky in chat either but he constantly complains about everything, at least the couple of times I've watched his streams. He's probably right about most things too but that doesn't make it any more fun to watch.

scoobs

All truly great players in any MOBA will constantly complain, because they're operating at a higher level than everyone else and see mistakes that nobody else can see. Its understandable, you just have to kind of deal with it.

Altairre

That's why I said that he's probably right about the stuff he complains. My solution is to just not watch his streams. I'll stick to the youtube videos and guides because he's (obviously) more focused there.

scoobs

Deal with it is a pretty good motto to live by, not sure how I downplay others but if you say so. Still not sure what "changing my name" means.

Did Alur steal your account for the day? I'm not used to being attacked by Milly. This is weird.

Interesting dilemma today... I got Falstad to level 10, and he has a dank master skin, but I already have the Buccaneer Falstad skin which is also fairly high on the dankness scale. hmmmmmm

Milly79

I'm not attacking you, lol wtf? As much as you downplay our comments at times can you not handle a little bit of criticism m8?

scoobs

pirate falstad > master falstad.

not even close

Ya I'm thinking I'm just gonna stick with Buccaneer Falstad. That would make my 2nd level 10 that I skipped the master skin on (1st being Sonya, cuz... Duh, Super Sonya is the best Sonya.)

I'm trying to handle it, but its too much Milly. I've already started crying, and we're looking at potentially the rest of my day ruined. Just seemed like a weird off-hand thing to say in response to what I said, but hey, what do I know.

You guys figure we'll be seeing the next hero soon? I'm so uninterested in Probius that I'm desperate to hear some info on the next hero. I could really go for a straight up tank warrior. I hope they can deliver something along those lines soon, would be exciting to throw a new warrior into the mix with all these crazy warrior changes in the last patch.

Ketch

Ya I'm thinking I'm just gonna stick with Buccaneer Falstad. That would make my 2nd level 10 that I skipped the master skin on (1st being Sonya, cuz... Duh, Super Sonya is the best Sonya.)

Dang you know whats up.

Milly, how can you hate this guy so much? Why do you hate him?
LCnCRPK.gif

scoobs

always have chat off, zero benefit to having that shit on unless you just LOVE people yelling at you for their own mistakes.

Maledict

Is solo tank varian bad now? I thought he was one of the tanks who could happily operate solo. Seems almost unkillavle sometimes!

Altairre

It's always baffling to me how people with account lvl 40, master skins and all got to that point without learning the most basic stuff like "soak the fucking lanes" or "don't engage without your team" or "don't chain deaths".

I still type "wait for respawn" even though I know it's fucking pointless.

Ketch

I'm trying to be less salty but it's really hard and tiring. In HL draft, I have no problem filling any role but it's still been a lose-lose situation.

Bad tanks? Ok, I'll tank. Except few people soak, or stay behind their tank, or follow-up on initiations. Instead they constantly look for fights that are ours to lose (posturing near a dead keep when we can't end, talent disadvantage, outnumbered).

No supports? Ok, I'll support. Same problems as above/below.

Shitty assassins? Ok, I'll assassinate. Same problems as above/below.

There's too many people in diamond that have no business being there.

Shit like:
- drafts with NO support
- drafts with 3 tanks
- not banning / banning poorly
- poor hero play (recently Artanis who can't swap, Chromie who can't land a skill shot, solo tank Varian, not understanding individual power spikes like not team fighting with Varian pre-10)
- poor comp understanding (no comp, no solo laner, bad lane setups, pick comps that don't look for picks, KTs that don't follow-up on ETC stuns)

I'm back to turning off allied chat.

Seen all the same shit doing my placements this week

Milly79

Haven't seen it outside of the 2 team league games I did because I'm not stupid and will wait a month or two before I place. 😂😂😂

Top Bottom