• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Altairre

No that's probably kael or zeratul

My working definition being 1/2 "this could be good" and 1/2 "dawg pls"
9unfFH5.gif

Kioshen

I'm trying to be less salty but it's really hard and tiring. In HL draft, I have no problem filling any role but it's still been a lose-lose situation.

Bad tanks? Ok, I'll tank. Except few people soak, or stay behind their tank, or follow-up on initiations. Instead they constantly look for fights that are ours to lose (posturing near a dead keep when we can't end, talent disadvantage, outnumbered).

No supports? Ok, I'll support. Same problems as above/below.

Shitty assassins? Ok, I'll assassinate. Same problems as above/below.

There's too many people in diamond that have no business being there.

Shit like:
- drafts with NO support
- drafts with 3 tanks
- not banning / banning poorly
- poor hero play (recently Artanis who can't swap, Chromie who can't land a skill shot, solo tank Varian, not understanding individual power spikes like not team fighting with Varian pre-10)
- poor comp understanding (no comp, no solo laner, bad lane setups, pick comps that don't look for picks, KTs that don't follow-up on ETC stuns)

I'm back to turning off allied chat.

This is stuff I would assume happens in Gold and below. Not Plat and above which is puzzling. I've been watching streamers doing their placement matches and in NA there's something in the water because it's just ridiculous. EU streamers were doing OK.

FYI, if we ever play again together, before I tilt you because I've done something stupid let me know so that I can become aware of it and fix it.

I main Valla.

Is that equivalent to maining Hanzo?

The equivalent of maining hanzo in HoTS is probably more like Nova mains.

Milly79

Sorry to all my gaf brehs. I'll be maining chromie for the foreseeable future. No other hero makes me laugh like a wild man when I delete them from a screen away.

brian!

Kael is a pretty classic "oh no i insist" pick imo
Since i started playing again i feel like most medivhs i run into are pretty good

Milly79

I still placed in D3 but have dropped to D4 because of this nonsense.

I'm going to try your approach on my alts. At first I thought that I'd have a better chance trying to play semi-early with the pool of GM/Masters players (not that I am one) doing the same for the new season. Clearly that did not work out.

Yeah, you gotta wait. Plus they dropped this season with quite a few hero balances/reworks, etc. I think the majority of people rush at the beginning and end of the season for the rewards. I waited awhile last season and went 6-4 I think and 7-3 tl.

Maledict

So my friend and I decided to play a bit toxic in quick match. Went in with Gazlowe and Probius, for much merryment and amusement.

YOU SHALL NOT PASS

Turrets and pylons and cannons everywhere, was hilarious to behold!

Alur

Chromie is the Hanzo of this game for me. Alternates from game to game between being useless or oppressive. Both about as fun to play against as getting rocks thrown at you in the street. Most of the shots don't hit but if/when they do you just get rekt from nowhere.

Much fun, such design, many projectile.

Altairre

I think the running joke about Hanzo mains is that his edginess/emo fantasy is appealing to noobs/trolls, they're not team players (i.e. instalock, won't switch/fill), and other assassins perform better or are more reliable. I think Nova, Murky and to a lesser extent Leoric players meet some of that criteria in HotS.

I don't think Murky fits that category necessarily due to his design. Nova definitely does. Hot chick that kills people, no more needs to be said.

Alur

I will admit I play Murky in QM solo sometimes because he can lone wolf it and have a good time even if the team is shitty. I do my job to help the team, but if it goes pear shaped I can always just do my own thing and be annoying to the enemy still.

re: Hanzo, the only thing Chromie doesn't have going for her like him IMO is the edginess. Instead we have little person/girl in a bikini "I Dream of Jeannie" style and squeaky voice VA. Only Larry Hagman, Familie, and Milly when he's trolling games/scoobs could love that hero.

Kioshen

Sadly you can also include me in that list. It's not like I'll go out of my way to play her but once in a while I like to nuke people from afar.

Alur

One day we shall have a new brawl. One day.

EDIT: Really, though, team 1 has basically dried up on production for quite some time now. Few skins, few mounts, no new brawls, only one hero at a time...unleash the kraken blizz.

Kioshen

EDIT: Really, though, team 1 has basically dried up on production for quite some time now. Few skins, few mounts, no new brawls, only one hero at a time...unleash the kraken blizz.

Hopefully the floodgates will open up when the new progression system is live.

Maledict

I think they're output has been mostly the same. Maybe a slight drop-ooff in skins, but the heroes are still coming out at the same pace it seems.

And re brawls, its such a waste of their energy. I'd rather they just had a permanent ARAM mode rather than messing around with wacky game ideas that mostly don't seem to pan out.

Mounts seem to be as plentiful as ever - which given they always cost money and form parts of bundles is understandable... ;-)

Alur

Haven't we not had a mount for a few heroes now? No Lucio mount, no Probius mount because they don't use them. I guess Valeera had one? And they reskinned another for that WoW quest.

Heroes are coming out, yes, but we only know one at a time and only shortly before they hit PTR (which is a waste anyway). Brawls dried up. Skins dried up. Seems pretty sparse to me outside of the hero release schedule in news/in dev peeks and content both compared to most of last year.

Ketch

ok chromie/hanzo similarities

1. they're both older then they look
2. they're both wanna be dragons
3. they're both toxic as fuck
4. when the hero is on your team they suck
5. when it's on the other team is fuckin bullshit
6. neither of them actually help with the objective
7. both of those heroes are decent

Maledict

Haven't we not had a mount for a few heroes now? No Lucio mount, no Probius mount because they don't use them. I guess Valeera had one? And they reskinned another for that WoW quest.

Heroes are coming out, yes, but we only know one at a time and only shortly before they hit PTR (which is a waste anyway). Brawls dried up. Skins dried up. Seems pretty sparse to me outside of the hero release schedule in news/in dev peeks and content both compared to most of last year.

Although that's happened is that they release the videos more often. We also had the golden rooster mount and the cloud mount very recently.

Also, there's a summit going on literally right now at Blizzard for the game, so presume we'll see more stuff come out of that.

Alur

ok chromie/hanzo similarities

1. they're both older then they look
2. they're both wanna be dragons
3. they're both toxic as fuck
4. when the hero is on your team they suck
5. when it's on the other team is fuckin bullshit
6. neither of them actually help with the objective
7. both of those heroes are decent

Ketch should writes listicles for blogs. You could do HOTS listicles for Gosugamers.

This one was good, A+.

Also, there's a summit going on literally right now at Blizzard for the game, so presume we'll see more stuff come out of that.

Was that actually confirmed? I saw like two names speculated as going to one in the reddit thread, but nothing concrete unless it was confirmed after I checked it or someone mentioned it on Twitter.

Alur

Not to be a double pasta, but this article about skins this dude would like to see in HOTS was pretty good for just random speculation/what ifs (http://progamerreview.com/15-skins-hots-need/).

Grizzly Chen, Fel Corrupted KT, Raid Finder Vikings, and Ysera Brightwing would all be must gets for me. Also would love male barbarian and demon hunter, and a female witch doctor.

Celegus

Is the game down for anyone else right now? I can start it but can't join a game in any mode and the QM hero select is empty. Never had this happen before and didn't see anything on reddit/blizz twitter. Closed and restarted the game, logged out, restarted computer, same thing.

Top Bottom