• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Kioshen

Is the game down for anyone else right now? I can start it but can't join a game in any mode and the QM hero select is empty. Never had this happen before and didn't see anything on reddit/blizz twitter. Closed and restarted the game, logged out, restarted computer, same thing.

It was down for me too. I hit up the old scan & repair then it worked. Either by letting time flow or it fixed something.

my first thought was gazlowe is the Hanzo of this game but you guys are convincing me that it's chromie. I have always felt gazlowe is a noob trap.

Also I'll try and be on tonight if anyone wants to group up

Alur

Has anyone else noticed an inordinate amount of battle.net launcher updates lately? Seems like 4 or 5 times in the past week and a half.

Ketch

giphy.gif

medic sonya first picks on warhead junction for my team.
facepalm.gif

scoobs

Sonya is pretty damn good. I wish they'd look at her and Thralls talents soon though. So many shitty ones and generic ones.

Milly79

Whoever changed the QM rules needs to be taken out back.

Just faced Tass and Tyrande with zero "sustain" other than Aba on our team. Needless to say, you know how badly it went. What a fucking bullshit,dumb change.

Alur

Seconded. Abathur is in no way a sustain like those two. Really not even Zarya. QM has been pretty abhorrent recently because of these random games thrown in where it's decided at the loading screen in the same way it can be if you draft badly in another mode.

scoobs

I like silver city but Rag is such BS on that brawl lol.

Ya he's really oppressive in ARAMs for sure. He's kind of just oppressive to play against in general.

Finally got around to reading the most recent Reddit Q&A, sounds like "a couple" of warriors are coming sooner rather than later? I'm excited.

Alur

Rag is pretty strong in the regular game too. The Molten Core trait is just so good compared to so many other traits it's kind of laughable, and that's after nerfs. Like he'd be a dece hero without it, but with it he's still very strong despite several balancing passes.

scoobs

I think they take another nerf bat to his Q build, and perhaps just his Q ability. Reduce the blast radius on that thing so its more difficult to stack, and so he heals less in team fights. Damage reduction on his Hammer ult too, that shits dumb.

Buff his W and E builds plz Blizz.

Alur

I'd like to see an E build be more...something, myself. I use the W build if I face a bunch of range, and have kind of shifted to using the W talent at 4 w/ spell block instead of the regen talent if I face Chromie or Gul'dan.

Completely unrelated, but WTF I didn't realize Necromancer still wasn't in Diablo 3. I thought they had put him in post Blizzcon, but he's still in dev apparently? I feel cheated. I just installed this whole game to play him and he's not there, lol, jebaited.

Kioshen

I know I'm double posting but this is important. If you play graviton surge with Zarya you will probably crash the game for everybody until they hotfix that out.

Altairre

Seconded. Abathur is in no way a sustain like those two. Really not even Zarya. QM has been pretty abhorrent recently because of these random games thrown in where it's decided at the loading screen in the same way it can be if you draft badly in another mode.

Some of it is just fucking bullshit. Went up against Kharazim, Abathur and Morales recently with Tyrande as our only support. That shit is just not fun to play against. Speaking of not fun to play against, double support with Tass and a hyper carry like Valla just seems kind of broken. I really dislike the role of Tass in the game right now.

Maledict

Some of it is just fucking bullshit. Went up against Kharazim, Abathur and Morales recently with Tyrande as our only support. That shit is just not fun to play against. Speaking of not fun to play against, double support with Tass and a hyper carry like Valla just seems kind of broken. I really dislike the role of Tass in the game right now.

That shouldn't happen. Sustains don't equal support, so something went wrong there.

So for Ranked Solo -

Everyone either bans or picks Malf/Lucio before I can pick them.

What other heal supports are viable?

Or do I just go VALLA nonstop? no hanzo

Milly79

Rehgar, Kharazim and Brightwing to a lesser extent come to mind. Although, all the supports are pretty viable at this point.

Kioshen

That shouldn't happen. Sustains don't equal support, so something went wrong there.

Usually happens when group of people stack up.

So for Ranked Solo -

Everyone either bans or picks Malf/Lucio before I can pick them.

What other heal supports are viable?

Or do I just go VALLA nonstop? no hanzo

Top tier supports this season right now are Malf, Lucio, Rehgar and Tass. If they are banned you can go Monk or Auriel depending on the comp. BW and Morales are ok but situational. If you want people to tilt at the draft screen pick Uther or Lili (seriously don't they are not worth the extra effort to make them work). If you really want to enable a known good Valla or Tracer you can sidestep a little bit and go Zarya.

Yeah he aggro AF.

Also, I noticed they finally dropped the battle.net branding.

... they should've kept it.

They really have should. I really question Blizzard's upper management recently with the recent rebranding and forced Facebook integration.

Milly79

I just had one of the greatest QM games in terms of cooperation and teamwork. It was literally a thing of beauty.

Our team: Varian, Lunara, Arthas (me), Illidan and Sondius
Them: Azmodan, Murky, Muradin, Gul'dan and Rag

Our comp was toxic as fuck with all the slows and rooting going on. Our Illidan was great, zero deaths, never overcommitted. Actually hung back a ton to use Hunt on low people, was a sight to see.

Their Azmo was named Umadibet (run into him often), silenced as well. We were playing on Tomb and he would feed to get our wells down with the E build and within the first 5 minutes he had them all down. I think the E talent that increases his range and speed needs a little nerf. You can't escape most of the time.

Also, I really do think Arthas is going to get nerfed. While I think his damage is okay, he contributes way too much survivability once he hits 10 and utility with the slows/roots.

brian!

Like a really long time ago in beta was when i checked, i dunno if he still does. There was actually a pretty decent amount of streamers then that have dissapeared like nickhots and stuff that id run into often, plus pros, this was back when qm was the only mode. After hl came out i saw the umad pretty rarely (thankfully). But yeah id havr games w/ ppl that would talk shit about him even when he wasn't present, like dude is a known asshole he really leaves an impression lol

He's also fairly bad at the game too, like sometimes he could pop off as zeratul but he played a very scavengy zera

Kioshen

nickhots was pretty good at the start but then he drowned in salt. He was spewing insults left and right even to his own chat. That was around when ZPs was streaming too.

Milly79

Yeah those were the good old days when I started. I'd hate watch nick all the time, lol.

ZPs, liquidneo I think was his name and zuna were the main ones I'd watch.

brian!

Nick was probably the worst streamer for any game that ive seen but i mean that in itself is remarkable and kind of made him worth watching

scoobs

why the fuck can't i win a HL game. jesus. this shit is just impossible

I decided to play 1 this morning and won easily. They let us get Tassadar, Malf, and Arthas. It was over quickly.

Arthas is so broken lmao. You can't kill the guy.

KendricSwissh just said he knows what the big announcement is from Blizz (he traveled to Paris to meet w/ Blizz about it), and that its "one of the biggest and best changes to the game" and that hes super excited for it. So we got some BIG news coming in hot boys

Kioshen

To be fair, Kendrick is excited about anything really but still, it bodes well which probably mean the new progression system.

@clockworkinyou

Actually yes it could mean items or more precisely loot from the supposedly "leaks".

kirblar

cool, do you have any links to good sources to read up on, regarding the rumors of progression changes?
a) we know they're happening
b) "Loot" tab appeared in one of the slides at Blizzcon or after Blizzcon, so its pretty major
c) They want player levels/rewards to be uncapped, like OW

Given the "loot" tab, it's likely the reason for the sparse # of skins post-Blizzcon.

Top Bottom