• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

hey gaf, i thought i'd share this little mega man art project i just finished

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
What service did you use to get it printed? Are you going to release the file that was used to print it? :D

Amazing work man. Oh and do you live in an Ikea showroom or something? :lol Nice place. (not being sarcastic)

kinosama

Neo Member
jarosh said:
no, it wasn't all done by hand. i did use a software for parts of it (andrea mosaic). although, as i said, i changed and replaced a lot of the tiles by hand (most of mega man's face was done manually), pasted together different mosaics etc. just getting the mosaic right in the software took me like a week. since i was working with pixels, i couldn't have the software stretch or alter the screenshots in any way. i wanted to keep the 1:1 pixel ratio. to achieve that i had to make my own masks of the sprite for the software and go through many, MANY iterations of the mosaic, mess with the settings and run it through the algorithm over and over again (and that was only the mega man sprite). my folder with all the files in it (different crops of screenshots, sprites, mosaics, boxarts etc.) is 7.4 gb. lol. but to be honest, almost half of the total time was spent on the two rows of screenshots at the bottom with the boss weaknesses.
I see. Hats off to you, sir! (if I wore a hat)

Haunted said:
skilletman.gif
:lol

That's cool!

Skilletman is MUCH cooler than Sheep Man! :p

Filldough

Badass. You should look into seeing if you can get the rights to sell copies. There is obviously a lot of demand, you just don't want to get sued since you're using copyrighted material. You could do some amazing shirts. Threadless awards 20k a month to their winners, I have no doubt something like this could be wildly popular.

Hope to see more of your work in the future!

Salacious Crumb

I came in hesitant and skeptical, but left thoroughly impressed.

I'm not even a mega man fan, but I'd gladly hang that on my lounge room wall.

Brilliant work.

Corto

It's beautiful! Don't know if you have plans to sell prints of that, if so I would be one of the buyers. Part of me though wishes that this remains a unique, original piece... It's truly a masterpiece. Congratulations!

Seriously, that is probably the best art of that type I've ever seen. The fact that you did just pick random shots and had a method behind it puts it well above the reason imo. Great job, and for the record, I would love to give you money for one as well.

Foov

Beautiful. I'm curious - did you have to change the hues of any of the screenshots at all or did you just use them as is? I know I've seen different mosaics where they do and don't do this (i prefer it when they don't).

Top Bottom