• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidden Golf game on Switch accessible via feels

spad3

Saw this earlier and :(

R836VUq.png

https://twitter.com/sprsk/status/910296263291105280

The...feels...

It feels like yesterday :(

Such an amazing Easter Egg. I hope it works every single year even after the updates.

Blues1990

I'm going to try this out when I get home. Not only is it an interesting tease for how future emulated games (from Nintendo's library) will work on the Nintendo Switch, it's a rather heartwarming tribute to Mr. Iwata.

454.jpg

unrealist

No offence to those touched by this, but it seems ludicrous to me that Nintendo didn't bother with cloud saves, achievements or virtual console, but found the time to integrate an NES golf game in to the firmware, that you can only play for one day a year.

In GAF, when someone says no offence, or no racism intended, it is always followed up but something blatantly offensive and discriminatory, lol. Someone always find something bad to say about Nintendo in any situation it seems.

• Nintendo includes easter egg = they should spend their time on better things
  • Nintendo not including fluffy stuff = this is such a boring console with simple 4k-less UI for me to show off to my pixel chasing friends.
  • Switch having 3rd parties = Nintendo should focus more on their 1st party titles and where is my Call of Duty XIIII and Battlefield 2177 IAP edition?
  • Switch not having 3rd parties = Nintendo is doomed again
  • Switch title having more than 64MB of disk storage needed, insert my PS4 or Xbox game needs only 30mb of disk space .. oh wait.
  • Announcement of a indie game = this is just another mobile game I can play on my Nokia 3310
  • Nintendo issues DMCA or copyright takedown = Nintendo are thieves and robbers, they should learn from Ouya.

And the list goes on...

Back to the topic .. I thought it was a moving topic, I live in both Japan, Taiwan and Singapore so this kinda stuff are always cool to us and done in subtle ways as a form of respect.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
That's not true. time_t is a signed integer value(32 bit or 64bit depending on compiler used and target platform). Dates before January 1st, 1970 can be represented as a negative offset from 0 in most unix based platforms.
I'm afraid the semantics of epoch time is not as simple as the integral type used to represent it on a given platform. Unix epoch time() did not start life as producing a single integral -- it originally used to count 1/60 of a second and a single int32 would've sufficed for slightly more than a year in each direction; the fact it often uses singed times, but sometimes doesn't, implies that using negative epoch times is highly unportable. Ergo, when using epoch time in a portable manner one can rely on [0, 2^31 - 1] seconds across the unices (even though surely some implementation somewhere supports int128).

Top Bottom