• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidden in the eShop Selects PR: FAST Racing NEO getting DLC w/ 8 new tracks!

TheMoon

CoSHa1vWcAEO_ZL.jpg:large

8 new tracks

edit:

https://twitter.com/ShinenGames/status/757923367643123712
FAST Racing Neo 'NEO FUTURE PACK' DLC coming 09/30/16
- 8 New tracks
- 10 New vehicle profiles
- 18 new audio tracks

-----

Coming September 30 in EU, October 1 in AU

Obviously also Sep 30 in NA but it's not official yet.

It's already included with the physical release but of course will also be available for the eShop version on the same day.

More stuff at source:
http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/e...world-heist-fast-racing-neo-releasing-retail/

Can't wait, one of my 2015 Game of the Years. This brings the selections of tracks up to 24, so much content for such a cheap game.

R00bot

I hope they put this game on the NX, not sure I want to get it at this price when it's not even 720p.

Although if the NX is underwhelming then I'll just get it on the Wii U, it really does look pretty great.

TheMoon

Is this a free update, if not, how much will it cost?

If we knew, it would be in the post :)

I hope they put this game on the NX, not sure I want to get it at this price when it's not even 720p.

Although if the NX is underwhelming then I'll just get it on the Wii U, it really does look pretty great.

you're not counting any pixels at these speeds...

ec0ec0

Nintendo should let these guy make a new F-Zero.

implying that this 5 people team has shown, with the release of the FAST Racing NEO, that they would be able to develop a proper F-Zero game. NEO's handling system was very limited, the track design uninteresting.

If you look at the last 3D F-Zero game, GX, you will find a game that gives the player an overwhelming control over their ship. The handling mechanics are complex and the player has the ability to turn "on a dime". This directly affects the track design. You can put the player in those crazy tracks that F-Zero is know for, as he/she has the tools to take even the sharpest of turns.

FAST Racing NEO is the opposite. Unlike F-Zero, you only have a couple of turn options, and you absolutely can't turn "on a dime". In NEO, when going at high speeds, you have to anticipate even the easiest of turns, if you want to avoid touching the rails. The ability that the player has to turn the ship is very limited, and this is reflected in the tracks, which have long and smooth turns to give the player time to take the turn.

Even if we ignored that shinen is a 5 people (or so) team, thinking that these guys could make a new F-Zero is just an assumption because they have never done anything like it.

Making a game with an awesome sense of speed is simply not enough.

R00bot

you're not counting any pixels at these speeds...

I have a really large TV and I can easily make out the pixels when watching youtube videos of it on my laptop. Mario Kart 8 is about as low as I think I can go resolution-wise on my TV. Perhaps if I was actually playing it I would be focusing on the track and stuff but when watching the jaggies definitely hurt.

Shiggy

Which PS4 version?

Was a joke - Shinen had ported Nano Assault to PS4, that being their first non-Nintendo platform release. There were some posts about it on here back then. But after that, no other ports came I thought. Though now I realise that they actually ported Art of Balance to PS4 in May - oops.

Hidden announcement indeed.

Also, there seems to be a graphics upgrade. The foliage and terrain rendering has improved by a significant amount. I hope the old tracks get the same treatment!

2e.jpg

2b.jpg

Also, the lighting in this sky box and the clouds on the horizon look fucking incredible!

2a.jpg

Zomba13

Definitely in for this. Really enjoyed the game though I didn't play much of the online at all and thinking back I don't really know why.

Top Bottom