• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya annoyed on twitter, tells fanboy to use his own brain

66678aa152.png

Alright Gaf, now we know how to get Okami 2.

I'd love to see someone do this. Not even a regular company, just an average person being somehow able to buy the IP from Capcom.

So uh, guess who apparently got in trouble:

Hideki Kamiya, the designer of popular games like Bayonetta, Okami and Viewtiful Joe who works at PlatinumGames, had an unfortunate run-in with the law on January 21. According to a bitter post on his Twitter account, Kamiya ran a stop signal on his bike, but was caught "by the police" thanks to security cameras. (According to a later post, he was surrounded by five of them). Not only did this make him late for work, but he was apparently confronted by a "stupid asshole disheveled-looking Yomiuri Shimbun reporter" who kept taking pictures of him. Kamiya asked him not to use the photos because they're a "nuisance." His wife also "fell prey" to the security cameras immediately afterward.

But real revelation here is that there's mention of a wife, this is new news.

I thought that your waifu Maho was the only one for you Kamiya. Remember what they say about those

He mentioned he was going to have a baby girl after Okami came out. I guess he's private about his family life.

oh I remember all that

my bad, I should have just quoted "cranky and cocky posts." I just don't agree with that.

ANN's Interest section isn't exactly known for quality reporting. (Granted, I could just be saying that since they decided to publicly spoil the last One Piece chapter last week, but...)

vypek

Thank you for bumping a thread from 2010. Well done.

Its not even a necrobump. The thread has been going throughout the years. I'm sure a mod would have locked it by now if it wasn't okay for it to be bumped. And this thread is probably preferable to many different Kamiya threads that relate so easily to one another

He mentioned he was going to have a baby girl after Okami came out. I guess he's private about his family life.

I always thought he was joking and that Okami itself was the baby girl (since on his twitter, when asked if he had children, he just said, "Yeah, my games are my children"). Huh, what do you know.

(Especially since he's gone on record as claiming to be a virgin...)

ANN's Interest section isn't exactly known for quality reporting. (Granted, I could just be saying that since they decided to publicly spoil the last One Piece chapter last week, but...)

Yeah, uh, JP is apparently going on twitter about how they got a few things wrong?

I always thought he was joking and that Okami itself was the baby girl (since on his twitter, when asked if he had children, he just said, "Yeah, my games are my children"). Huh, what do you know.

(Especially since he's gone on record as claiming to be a virgin...)

Weird! Maybe the wife thing was another ANN flub?

Yeah, uh, JP is apparently going on twitter about how they got a few things wrong?

yeah oh wow

"They were media, not security cameras. And the police stopped him. #translationfail #readingcomprehensionfail"

"Anime News Network - where your freshman Japanese students become reporters because they can google translate Hachima or Jin posts. :)"

that burn

Jintor

What's the thing with this embarassing 'lol junior'-attitude? A junior status does not imply that you're intellectually inferior lol

usually means you haven't been around long enough to understand the unspoken rules/customs/conventions etc

i don't usually see people jumping on juniors unless they do something stupid

usually means you haven't been around long enough to understand the unspoken rules/customs/conventions etc

i don't usually see people jumping on juniors unless they do something stupid

Yeah I thought so too but thinking that gaf works differently than other forums and is the first forum in general for all Juniors is a bit....eh. Never got this elitist junior-regular debate here tbh

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Yeah I thought so too but thinking that gaf works differently than other forums and is the first forum in general for all Juniors is a bit....eh. Never got this elitist junior-regular debate here tbh

It's not that a junior doesn't understand how forums work. It's that a junior doesn't understand how GAF works.

And elitism? Lol.

Ever heard the phrase "out of the mouth of babes"? We don't think we're superior to a misinformed junior. We think the junior is adorable.

Thank you for bumping a thread from 2010. Well done.

I know I shouldn't but I had a look at his post history and he just started posted in October, and like every third post of his is a GAF meme. So adorable. It's like the GAF version of Primus Apotheosis.

What's the thing with this embarassing 'lol junior'-attitude? A junior status does not imply that you're intellectually inferior lol

It implies that you should wait, lurk and learn the ropes before you do something as mindbogglingly stupid as calling out someone for necrobumping, with condescending attitude to match, without bothering to check the last post's date. Don't make it into something it's not.

Top Bottom