• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidetaka Miyazaki appointed President of From Software

Presidents/CEO's can totally keep their involvement in games!

Ru Weerasuriya is the CEO of Ready at Dawn and is the Director of the Order.

I am sure Ted Price has some involvement over Sunset Overdrive.

Aruhamel

Banned
As president he will have new duties. He may not be able to heavily participate in future games, even if he wanted to.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Truthfully being the head means you have to buckle down more and cant do as much crazy shit as before due to literally being connected / responsible for everything that went down.

So its a double edged sword realistically.

Drencrom

It's not set in stone, but From's corporate culture seems to smile on leading from the trenches, while the strategic alignment behind KADOKAWA will likely take many management issues out of his hands compared to leading an independent developer. There's room for cautious optimism that it's mainly KADOKAWA signaling they want From to stay From.

Makes sense, hopefully this is the case

MormaPope

Banned
YESSSS
YESSSS

NO LONGER WILL THIS TEAM TALK EXIST.

ALL SOULS GAMES CAN NOW BE CONSIDERED EQUAL BY ALL FROM NOW ON.

YOUR "A TEAM" SOULS ARE MINE.

your-soul-is-mine-o.gif

MormaPope

Banned
Lame. He seems born to be a game director.

Its amazing how this news is almost being twisted into bitter or sad spirited news.

"Hey man, you're now the president of the company! Congratulations."

*Miyazaki frowns, holds back tears, is barely able to utter out:

"Thank you, I, I need to go to the bathroom."

*Miyazaki sprints into the bathroom and starts to sob in a bathroom stall

How about... he wouldn't take the job if he didn't want it - and he's a good judge of what he's born to do?

No, I think we're in the better position to tell him what to do.

Even saying that in jest is disgusting.

Harpuea

What exactly does a game director do anyway? I am certain they don't say "Lights, camera, ACTION!"

Although, I can totally see Kojima doing that.

How about... he wouldn't take the job if he didn't want it - and he's a good judge of what he's born to do?
Well naturally the guy knows what he wants to do a tad better than I do, but the fact remains that being a game director is a considerably more personally creatively expressive job than being president of a company, and the guy seems to have a hell of a lot of talent in that area.

MormaPope

Banned
Well naturally the guy knows what he wants to do a tad better than I do, but the fact remains that being a game director is a considerably more personally creatively expressive job than being president of a company, and the guy seems to have a hell of a lot of talent in that area.

Well, he and other people feel he'll be a even better president.

Drencrom

Congrats Miyazaki! Now I'm curious if his role in Beast is director or producer.

Project Beast must've started out between the release of Dark Souls and the start of the production of Dark Souls II so he have already worked on the game for a good 2 years at least and I'm pretty sure he wants to see through the whole production of the game. We're not even entirely sure if this promotion will lessen his directing involvement in games in the first place, but seeing as Kadokawa owns the joint now the heavier duty management may have been relocated to them instead, as Mandoric said.

sublimit

Banned
It would be nice if he could make a statement to his thousands of fans about what his role will be from now on and (most importantly) if it will affect his duties as a director for current and future projects.

YESSSS
YESSSS

NO LONGER WILL THIS TEAM TALK EXIST.

ALL SOULS GAMES CAN NOW BE CONSIDERED EQUAL BY ALL FROM NOW ON.

YOUR "A TEAM" SOULS ARE MINE.

your-soul-is-mine-o.gif

Notsureifserious

There is an experienced team and one that was made up largely from devs who made AC games.

A-team doesn't mean just Miyazaki. It means the original designers and artists of the first two Souls games.

MormaPope

Banned
Notsureifserious

There is an experienced team and one that was made up largely from devs who made AC games.

A-team doesn't mean just Miyazaki. It means the original designers and artists of the first two Souls games.

Really?

Damn, they did a fantastic job, kudos to them.

What did the "experienced team" work on before Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1?

I put experienced in quotations due to the condescending tone given to the Armored Core dudes.

Top Bottom