• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton to blame Russia & Comey for election defeat in upcoming book

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

Hillary Clinton’s upcoming book will double down on Russia’s interference and James Comey’s involvement in her stunning election defeat, according to sources familiar with the memoir.

Privately, Clinton has told friends and longtime associates that she “wants the whole story out there” as she rushes to tweak and put the finishing touches on the book due out in September.

“She really believes that’s why she lost, and she wants to explain why in no uncertain terms,” one longtime ally said. “She wants the whole story out there from her own perspective. I think a lot of people are going to be really surprised by how much she reveals.”

The ally said the book of personal essays will be a “bombshell.”
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/343755-clinton-book-to-double-down-on-russia-comey-message

She lost because not enough people voted for her in the right places. You could probably change one of dozens of factors that played a role in her defeat and the outcome would've changed.

I think it's hard to really place the blame on any one thing in particular.

There's probably going to be a whole chapter on her blaming herself, followed by a chapter on Russian interference and Comey, and the headlines are going to be "Clinton takes no blame, tosses blame on [insert thing here which clearly impacted the election]."

Neith

Banned
She lost because their campaign just kind of nose dived, not because of Russians lol. I wish things had worked out better, but they did not.

If Comey hadn't come out with his statement right before early voting started she would have won, yeah.

She also would have won even with that if she didn't run a terrible campaign. Plenty of blame to go around here.

Shadybiz

Well they certainly had a hand in it, but she also needs to put some of the blame on herself (which she has before, and I'd imagine that will be mentioned in the book as well).

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
A multitude of factors contributed to her loss, Russia and Comey being two of them.

She'd be silly to solely blame them, but you'd also be silly to not recognize their contribution.

NimbusD

During the election she couldn't stop making the conversation about trump, now she can't help try to make it about her. Bizarre.

CHC

face-with-rolling-eyes_1f644.png

C'mon now.

Ya ran a straight lukewarm campaign, there's no two ways around.

The Russian thing might have been the last straw, but it doesn't explain why the camel didn't see a spine surgeon earlier.

It was probably the biggest factor in her loss, but the election was close enough that with some better decisions she probably could have still won.

I don't blame her for wanting to vent about it though. lol

Stop. No books. Go away.
I agree. Can't she just wait like a couple years at least. You lost. You don't hold an office. Your not going to run again. Just stop making statements and books that get Democrats talking and yelling about this again.

We have a plan, whether people like it or not, let discuss that. Not reliving the damn election AGAIN.

jchap

She is one of the very few who could have lost to Trump in a general election in the first place. Blaming Russia isn't going to remove the all time great choke job label.

They contributed but it wasn't those weren't the only factors. Her campaign chose to focus on Trump being unfit to be president rather than why she deserved to be president. I'm sure that the strategy successfully stopped some folks from voting for Trump but I doubt that it made them very enthusiastic to rush out and vote for her. Hindsight is always 20/20 but had her campaign focused more on what her strengths were and what she planned to do to help people then Russia's covert campaign and Coney's letter probably wouldn't have been as effective. She left herself open to those attacks defining her by never properly defining herself.

Certainly played a role and decided the election in the last days.

But really, a large part of the blame is also just a failed campaign. She didn't manage to bring her message across, she failed in debating Trump, there was little to get excited about. It should never have been that close in the first place.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
That's nice. There's literally zero to discuss here that hasn't been done a bajillion times ultimately invariably leading to the inescapable Phantom Zone hellscape groundhog day that is the never ending primary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom