• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton video message on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeolist

Banned
Hillary moved left and incorporated parts of Bernie's platform into her own, but that didn't seem to help.

those things were included in the party platform because bernie had leverage, and clinton's camp fought it every step of the way. then she didn't campaign on any of it, ran entirely on how nasty trump is, appealed to "moderate" republicans nonstop, and tried to run up the score in solid blue states while ignoring the states that cost her the election.

the platform wasn't the problem. it was her.

A career hard working politician that actually gives a shit, proven by those wikileak emails no less, is finally done. GOOD!

Speaking of wikileaks and the real Hillary, I think they also proved that the Goldman Sachs speeches also turned out to be nothing but her saying things that were reasonable as fuck and not the disastrous career ending megaton that people had made them out to be. Not surprising that people have already completely forgotten the thing that they raised hell about for months but can't use against her anymore since it turned out to be nothing.

I mean, the opposing progressive voice voted for and ran on the 90s crime bill. This sort of "but they voted for one bad thing" is so tired when people over a decade later say "yes I did that and I was wrong to"

If people actually forgave Hillary for things, like they do with 99% of other politicians, then they wouldn't be able to throw them back in her face at a moment's notice.

"If you criticise Clinton you must support Bernie on everything"

So many false dichotomies, were talking about the candidates in and of themselves, deflecting and pointing out "double standards" is such a bulshit conservative tactic

Steel

Banned
Seriously, did Hillary kick your people's puppies or something? All she did was release a video to inspire her base moving forward and you're bringing back all the primary bitterness and getting angry that she even exists.

KHarvey16

those things were included in the party platform because bernie had leverage, and clinton's camp fought it every step of the way. then she didn't campaign on any of it, ran entirely on how nasty trump is, appealed to "moderate" republicans nonstop, and tried to run up the score in solid blue states while ignoring the states that cost her the election.

I really, really hope this is not the lesson democrats take from this election. I fear the further we get from the actual events the easier it will be for preferred narratives to over take facts.

cdyhybrid

Shouldn't you be voting for the platform and not the person?

I was under the impression that policy is kind of the whole point of this.

royalan

If you want to pretend that sexism has nothing to do with this, ask yourselves this question:

When it comes to the '94 crime bill, why do we give more grief to the First Lady who said some words in support of it but had not real power, versus the man who actually used his power as a legislator to pass it?

As a member of the demographic that was targeted by that legislation, I cannot support, condone, or ignore that outrageous hypocrisy. You cannot argue that sexism did not play a role in this election and defend that. You can't.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
So far as I can tell there's basically zero new ground being covered here, and people are just venting. She made a video. Yay. Boo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom