• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hint about a possible Resident Evil 2 remake demo

GenericUser

this is still surreal. Resident evil 2. A remake. just imagine. This can't be real life, because good things don't happen in real life. This bombs and destroys my mind. No, still I cant fathom RE2 Remake will happen. i need some proof. Even then ...

RE2RM_BD1.jpg

what a time to be alive :)

I hope it has very detailed pre rendered backgrounds. I essentially want ReMAKE 2... What are the odds of this? I hope its not done Revelations/Revelations 2 style.

I hope it has very detailed pre rendered backgrounds. I essentially want ReMAKE 2... What are the odds of this? I hope its not done Revelations/Revelations 2 style.

Pre-rendered backgrounds are pretty costly aren't they? And I've also read they can be a real bitch to archive, but I really don't know for sure. I'm betting if it's actual rendition of the classic style, the backgrounds will just be in-engine.

As cool as a new Dino Crisis would be, I wouldn't be surprised if it's all just hints at a demo of RE2Make. They are just using demo packaged stuff to hint at that.

artsi

I hope it's not pre-rendered, real time with all effects cranked up is good enough and makes it easier to accommodate all the aspect ratios and resolutions there are today and in the future.

Camera can and should still be fixed, IMO.

There was a dino game set in space with a jetpack that was practically unplayable. For some reason they called it Dino Crisis 3, guess Capcom didn't notice because it came out on a console that no-one in Japan had ever heard of.

One of the best examples of just because it has the title of a series doesn't mean it should be accepted as part of said series or quality to be waived aside.

ReginaDylan#2017

Oh, and bring back Gail. If anyone is going to come to Regina's aid, it'll be that guy.

I've been screwing around playing resident evil 1.5 lately. Man i hope they use some of the stuff from that game in the remake. I hope they re-jigger the characters (like the gunshop owner's bigger role, and marvin's bigger role), and that character they cut out also, i think his name was Tony? Nerdy dude with glasses.
If 1.5 had been released, i bet it would have gotten mediocre reviews and alot of people would rant about how the first was better, ect.

Top Bottom