• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Abomination - Stealth, No Map, Killing only target 'ambition' and more

njr

wolfmat said:
But it is the same style of gameplay, just with new aspects (like no sat map, a heli sequence — o noez). Just like a new Zelda has some new trick up its sleeve, some fat cut off, stuff like that. I really don't see much of a difference if you hold those two against each other.

This is where I think the problem lies. The type of stealth game they are portraying by what they've said, and what they've shown does not make it the same style of gameplay as the previous games. It's all a matter of hiding in plain sight and just plain... hiding. Hitman games were all about the former, I just don't see it with what they've said/shown. I also think they are taking the story in a completely wrong direction, but that's another story.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
njr said:
This is where I think the problem lies. The type of stealth game they are portraying by what they've said, and what they've shown does not make it the same style of gameplay as the previous games. It's all a matter of hiding in plain sight and just plain... hiding. Hitman games were all about the former, I just don't see it with what they've said/shown. I also think they are taking the story in a completely wrong direction, but that's another story.
I think the level that was shown is sort of skewed towards plain hiding, although there's also a hiding-in-plain-sight part. My hope is that they've got at least 80% open levels.

This is the stuff we still need to hear about, by the way. The open vs linear ratio.

Blood Money had 2 levels that were basically only solveable in one way (tutorial,
final sequence
). That's a ratio of 2:10. I would've been okay with 2 more missions that would've been completely linear (=> ratio of 4:10).

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Juan29.zapata said:
I thought you would like this removal, because it would make the game more hardcore. Isn't that what you want?
Why would an assassin go into an area blind? Thats fucking retarded.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Ushojax said:
Doesn't sound that bad. Previous Hitman games were clunky and required an extreme amount of patience for the player to really feel like an assassin. As long as they don't go overboard with their streamlining I don't really have a problem with anything except the change from large explorable levels to more funneled designs, which may not be that bad if the areas are sizable.

oh no a game that requires patience, planning and observation skills. Heaven forbid.

RevDM

Banned
wolfmat said:
I think the level that was shown is sort of skewed towards plain hiding, although there's also a hiding-in-plain-sight part. My hope is that they've got at least 80% open levels.

This is the stuff we still need to hear about, by the way. The open vs linear ratio.

Blood Money had 2 levels that were basically only solveable in one way (tutorial,
final sequence
). That's a ratio of 2:10. I would've been okay with 2 more missions that would've been completely linear (=> ratio of 4:10).
you can put an RU-AP mine on the window where the vice pres and rival assassin shortly meet at the white house and take them both out while walking out like a boss

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Speedymanic said:
Hitman isn't a stealth game in the same you'd classify MGS or SC as a stealth game.

It also doesn't just rate on your ability to kill a target undetected, it rates you on your methods, if you made it look like an accident, how many others you killed, your notoriety level, etc. As others have said, it's more a puzzle game than pure stealth.

And Thief isnt like MGs or SC either, yet its stealth. Fancy that, the genre can have variation! Especially since MGS plays like timing puzzles.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
RevDM said:
you can put an RU-AP mine on the window where the vice pres and rival assassin shortly meet at the white house and take them both out while walking out like a boss
I know that one; that's not what I was referring to though.
Try standing up when 47 lies dead and the credits begin to roll

commedieu

Banned
wolfmat said:
... then a blurb like "just make Blood Money with new levels and cooler graphics" is hard to take seriously....

99% of our "AAA" titles this generation do this same exact thing. Revamp a engine, and add features that should really be patch updates, as the second or fourth version of a game. So thats hardly nonsense.

Why on earth do the publishers of the decently selling, but pretty obscure, Hitman franchise feel the need to make a super budget title when none of the other games were. Sure, its because they think they have a name they can market. It did have a movie afterall. But much like game movies often strive from the actual game, this games clear as day direction has fans of the franchise turning off of a day 1 buy.

I've read your posts, but its just coming off as giving the title a shot just because we don't have a retail version in hand yet. I've said it before, but anyone gaming or bitching about a 10+ year old franchise has seen a lot of games come and go. You know the ones that you're not going to waste your money on. At no point did I see a Homefront poster and think "man I can't wait!" No, I saw some footage/previews and figured its a cash in title. Big budget(advertising) mediocre game. Thats just based on previous experience with games looking cooler than they really are, and being burned after you buy it.

Hitman more specifically is a known and loved franchise to many. The most vocal about the series in this thread are clearly people who were looking forward to an updated Hitman. Not a completely revamped - convictionesque sequel. The game sounds, and looks nothing like Hitman. Previews are usually when you're excited for a game, IO is doing the opposite with this franchise. Sure, broaden the audience. I accept that. But I'm not going to pretend that it means its going to be a good Hitman game, or a good game at all. The preview/interviews aren't talking to me as a longtime Hitman fan, not in one single way, I've seen the thread title change / the mock art.. because others are feeling the same exact way about it.

I always say theres no point to posting, because any of this seen by anyone claiming to give the game a chance, will just say "buh it could be good." Sure, thats one way. But I'm glad that as a consumer, I can read & see video that lets me choose not to purchase IO's future turds. Sure, they might show a 100% revamped Hitman as we all expected, but Lair(Insert your bad game) mighta been good too..

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
commedieu said:
I've read your posts, but its just coming off as giving the title a shot just because we don't have a retail version in hand yet.
But that's exactly it. Well, I'm sure it'll be apparent before shelving time if the game sucks for the most part. My opinion is that that point hasn't been reached yet. That's pretty much it.

I don't buy day 1 anymore anyway. That's just not smart. First, make absolutely sure the game's worth the money. Then buy it.

HK-47 said:
oh no a game that requires patience, planning and observation skills. Heaven forbid.

Shit's too complicated bro.

We need pathways and telepathic guards n' shit. Cover too man 'cause those guys fuckin' shoot me all the time. Better if I had like an Uzi to start with.

Philll

Banned
There was a comment in the other Hitman thread:

I swear if I showed you a picture of a 3 wheeled race car with a backwards spoiler, no engine, non linked wiring, no steering ability, filled with concrete and and a wooden kickstand, you'd claim "BUH BUH YOU HAVEN'T DRIVEN IT YET!!"

It couldn't be anymore true. Anyway, again, time will prove the obvious, it's just sad after so many instances of this happening that are are still so many naive people.

commedieu

Banned
wolfmat said:
But that's exactly it. Well, I'm sure it'll be apparent before shelving time if the game sucks for the most part. My opinion is that that point hasn't been reached yet. That's pretty much it.

I don't buy day 1 anymore anyway. That's just not smart. First, make absolutely sure the game's worth the money. Then buy it.

Yes, but the idea of the game sucking/not being what was expected, is based on its descriptions, preview, video footage, and IO's own words about dumbing down the formula of the series. They detail what was good about the old games, then claim their new action packed direction.

Not sure why you can't simply give this logic any credence. As if we/I are all jumping to conclusions, and morons for doing so because there is no history of "next gen" ruining of franchises. Did you really need to try RE5 to know that it was really no longer a RE/Horror title? And if thats what you wanted, you don't need to buy it? This is the problem with the thread.

Sure, baseless claims on a screenshot is one thing, but this is a unique example of IO stating what is making the game undesirable. Then they show it off in a gameplay form. I'm sorry, its not a hidden message. There is no confusion here. The only thing that would stop Hitman fans from complaining would be a reveal of classic hitman gameplay. But thats impossible considering IO has said that there was a fundamental problem with classic hitman gameplay.

For some reason everyone can see a bad movie trailer, a bad commercial for a product, just any general bad idea and make a choice at that point without the need to go further. What is different in this case?

If you can sit there and say that you always have to try all consumer purchases first, by all means. You're a brave and a wealthy man. But for some, you don't need to do a test drive with all things. Sure a demo to confirm what you thought, but I even ignore demo's as I know my taste well enough.

I'd just like for the push back of the hitman haters to be grounded in the reality of the situation. Any curveball that could have come, has been put to rest by IO.

Edit:

I hope it turns out that I'm wrong, but I have an amazing track record when it comes to these things. I'm just not sure which point you have to wait for. IO claiming that they were just kidding about 100% of what they've shown so far?

I can see blindly picking up anything day one as a bad idea, but for things like GT5/Forza4/BF3/Prey/Fear(1)/Hl2/GOW/ME/Uncharted/Gears/etc many games and know its a day one, I don't think theres any problem with that, as its preview/media/interest is there.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
commedieu said:
Yes, but the idea of the game sucking/not being what was expected, is based on its descriptions, preview, video footage, and IO's own words about dumbing down the formula of the series. They detail what was good about the old games, then claim their new action packed direction.

Not sure why you can't simply give this logic any credence. As if we/I are all jumping to conclusions, and morons for doing so because there is no history of "next gen" ruining of franchises.
It's not looking as extreme from where I'm standing. There are things I don't like about what they're saying, but at the same time, they do mention the good stuff, and I want to know more.

Sure, sometimes, it's pretty obvious at a very early stage when a new entry in a franchise can't keep up with its promises. All I'm saying is that we're not there yet. I need a gameplay section that goes on for like 10 minutes, then I'm ready to make a call. I'll happily eat crow if it comes down to it, too.

I hope it turns out that I'm wrong, but I have an amazing track record when it comes to these things. I'm just not sure which point you have to wait for. IO claiming that they were just kidding about 100% of what they've shown so far?
It's flashy stuff, showing off the new junk, as expected. That's not the whole game.

I can see blindly picking up anything day one as a bad idea, but for things like GT5/Forza4/BF3/Prey/Fear(1)/Hl2/GOW/ME/Uncharted/Gears/etc many games and know its a day one, I don't think theres any problem with that, as its preview/media/interest is there.
See, we're not on the same page. Prey bored me right after the first half hour. Fear held me until the corridor onslaught begain in the middle of the game. GT5 sucks in my opinion (load times + menu junk + forced leveling = fuck that). Even HL2 didn't grab me at first, I had to start it like 5 times before I 'got it' (after the boat section, things got interesting, basically).

Maybe I like the old Hitman stuff, but would also dig a new perspective on things. Why would that be horrible taste? The old Hitman stuff had its spotlight.

So far, I've seen like a minute total of actual footage of this game. And previews pretty much go from 'no' to 'yeah' so far.

There are games that grab me very early on as well, but with more exposure, I sometimes have changed my mind on even the most promising titles. I'm not so arrogant that I claim to know how something will turn out after seeing a minute of footage and reading some QA on a forum. Otherwise, I'd've day-1'd STALKER, for example. God, was I hyped on that one. Turned out it was shit for at least half a year, nigh unplayable. So that taught me about how to deal with early exposure.

Philll

Banned
- E3 2011: Hitman Absolution Preview

"Five years in the making, Hitman Absolution promises to take the series into a new direction, by improving on the clunky controls, cover system, overhauling the disguise, and button prompts, but removing the core sandbox style levels that Hitman is synonymous with, this will be sad to see go; as it was the most engaging element to the series."

- Game Informer. July 2011 issue. pg. 16

"The demo showed all manner of gruesome ends for an entire squad of guards, including death by garrote wire, pulling foes off ledges, chokes, breaking necks with a baton, and using Instinct to orchestrate Red Dead Redemption-type shootouts where you tag multiple targets before you take them down."

Quotes from the lead developer:

"You never really learn how to play them... you’re never taught how to do things, and you’re just dropped into this world. Someone playing it will think ‘shit, what have I got to do, my target is over there and I have no idea how to get there’ and they just get killed a million times."

"We have paced the game a little bit more than previous games. In Blood Money, we felt it was one huge mission, then another huge mission, then another huge mission… and you always start outside and probe your way in. It got a little repetitive at the end."

"...in previous games you could play for many hours and lose your entire progress in a heartbeat if you got found out by a cop and shot down."

Hitman just might be the best example of how games are hitting the lowest-common-denominator.

The series never hurt anybody. It was never out to prove anything.

It was a game about an assassin. One that you controlled. You were given the tools and the freedom to execute assassinations as you saw fit. Whether it be by staking out the house for an hour and learning the NPC reactions, or making a last-ditch effort with a silenced pistol while your target was alone in a bathroom.

None of that had to do with seeing through walls, or taking cover behind a chest-high-wall. It was about adapting to your environment. It was about learning what was going on around you. Realizing that, one wrong move, and you are absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, fucked. Because you're an assassin. Timing is everything, and everything is timing.

But now, this industry has seen to it that not even an assassin should be allowed to carry out his duties with due-caution.

Now you can see through a wall. You can read NPCs' thoughts.

The comments thus far, quoted by the developers and industry previews, has left me wondering where our brains went.

Is this it?

When a game so under-the-radar as Hitman has to appeal to fucking teenagers who can't problem-solve a situation... I have to wonder.

Philll

Banned
Let me give you some run of the mill replies:

• You haven't played it
  • You can turn instinct off
  • Make your own game

When a game so under-the-radar as Hitman has to appeal to fucking teenagers who can't problem-solve a situation... I have to wonder.

What else do these guys have though? Kane and Lynch? That will never take off. Hitman has a fan base so what better way for them to try and create a blockbuster than to make it appeal to everyone.

I'm also searching for another quote from someone who left IO and explained how worried they were about the series and where it would go with these developers. It was largely ignored at the time but couldn't be any more relevant.

Despite IO's shit PR, everyone who has seen Absolution says it's looking great... regular folks at E3 as well as gaming journalists. Do we doubt the veracity of their claims?

Philll

Banned
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Despite IO's shit PR, everyone who has seen Absolution says it's looking great... regular folks at E3 as well as gaming journalists. Do we doubt the veracity of their claims?

Did you miss my e3 quote a few posts up?

Do you doubt the veracity of their claims?

Philll said:
Did you miss my e3 quote a few posts up?

Do you doubt the veracity of their claims?

Oops, I missed those. Reply window was open while I was off doing something else.

I dunno, the general impression from all the previews I read were really positive. Plus, didn't one of the mods see it in action and say it looked good?

commedieu

Banned
wolfmat said:
It's not looking as extreme from where I'm standing. There are things I don't like about what they're saying, but at the same time, they do mention the good stuff, and I want to know more.

Sure, sometimes, it's pretty obvious at a very early stage when a new entry in a franchise can't keep up with its promises. All I'm saying is that we're not there yet. I need a gameplay section that goes on for like 10 minutes, then I'm ready to make a call. I'll happily eat crow if it comes down to it, too.

It's flashy stuff, showing off the new junk, as expected. That's not the whole game.

See, we're not on the same page. Prey bored me right after the first half hour. Fear held me until the corridor onslaught begain in the middle of the game. GT5 sucks in my opinion (load times + menu junk + forced leveling = fuck that). Even HL2 didn't grab me at first, I had to start it like 5 times before I 'got it' (after the boat section, things got interesting, basically).

Maybe I like the old Hitman stuff, but would also dig a new perspective on things. Why would that be horrible taste? The old Hitman stuff had its spotlight.

So far, I've seen like a minute total of actual footage of this game. And previews pretty much go from 'no' to 'yeah' so far.

There are games that grab me very early on as well, but with more exposure, I sometimes have changed my mind on even the most promising titles. I'm not so arrogant that I claim to know how something will turn out after seeing a minute of footage and reading some QA on a forum. Otherwise, I'd've day-1'd STALKER, for example. God, was I hyped on that one. Turned out it was shit for at least half a year, nigh unplayable. So that taught me about how to deal with early exposure.

Clearly its not looking bad to you. As you have your own opinion. All I'm saying is that the opinions of others is based on a track record of revamps being terrible this generation. Its based on a factual account of watching franchises be completely ruined by trying to sex it up, action it up, or whatever. Its not coming out of thin air.

You mention the footage, but neglect the direct quotes from IO themselves. This combined with the lacking any heritage to hitman footage, is what the opinions are based on. If we were having this conversation 5 years ago, sure, give it a chance. But even then, you'd have the developers own words, and previews written by Mountain Dew fed media claiming the new 47 is going to be an absolute bada$$zomg etc. The stage is set. Its promises are specifically being stated by IO and they are hitting them dead on, even though its not a direction of a classical Hitman style game. IO isn't lying to us, or letting down seasoned players with a delusion that its going to be a classic Hitman game. They've addressed that, and are showing off not-so-new stuff, and propelling it into another genre.

I'll ignore your, whatever you want to call it, about your opinion of a few games that I like. Its pointless to argue with you about my opinion on games. As you can claim anything bored you and didn't seem interesting. Yet you're going to fall over yourself claiming this title deserves to be waited out at the same time saying HL2 was boring? Replace it with any good game you'd like. Feel free.

You can't convince me that you have no concept of knowing a good game when you see one from the onset. Despite pretending you don't have the ability. We aren't all supposed to like the same things. You're missing the point that in general terms, I picked titles that could be seen from miles away as an interesting experience or worth the time. You using a game where you've been fooled is just an example of what I already touched on with having gaming experience, yes sometimes you make mistakes. Hitman has all the basic mistakes happening at this stage, just as the others. I don't speak in finite terms, as most don't. You do learn from mistakes. Just like I've learned that synergizing 47 with kick ass kung fu action and checkpoints is more than likely going to be a failure. Just as giving bigger tits and more machine guns to Miss Croft, while removing any exploration isn't a good idea.

You say that you might like the old hitman, and would like a new perspective. I agree, but a new perspective isn't the developer saying that the game was too hard for people, xray vision, simplified A.I so you don't 'randomly get caught.', not hiring the original talent, etc. Those aren't my main gripes, so please don't latch onto them, but its hardly just a different perspective at this point. I'm not interested in the type of game IO has described and shown because of what they have described and shown.

The rest of the journey will be just like the rest of the games, watching it come true. I said at the reveal that it lost my interest at "Xray Vision." Which was of course met with the notion of waiting, then the rest of the information poured in, and others soon started seeing the writing on the wall. Its hardly a question of being arrogant, not with revamps. Again, feel free to act as if people can't see non-purchases from a mile away, but I'm glad I didn't have to buy the Hazes/Too Humans/Spiderman3's of the world to see that they weren't worth the time. I'd ask you if I'm arrogant for skipping out on 90% of movie-game tie ins, but I cringe at the possibility of you saying yes.

All this is just to say that its not a blind uninformed decision to see Hitmans going to be an abomination. Your E3 showing is supposed to pull players in. Not turn off your original audience for gold guns and silent take downs plus bonus gear and perks.

cackhyena

I gave the demo a spin, and while I get that you guys abhor the linearity of it, it was fine enough to give me an idea of how it controls. And that's the thing. It kinda controls badly. I wish it didn't, but I'm spoiled by modern games 3rd person controls, and this thing seems to fall short of that even for it's time.

The glitches I made happen were pretty funny. I love the vibe of the game. I also love the simple things, like dragging and stuffing bodies into hide able places and using all manner of distractions and using your head to get through an area. It's just way too damn rough for me, unfortunately. More games like these do need to exist, though. Just...polished a little more, I guess.

In those screen shots the were released for Absolution, the lighting style looks fantastic... love the slight lens flares and colour of 'em... dark, slightly washed, just looks really cool.

I mean, this has nothing to do with the current discussion, but I saw the shots again, and in terms of atmosphere, I am impressed. The KL games definitely had their flaws, but style and atmosphere is definitely something IO is good at.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Despite all these terrible signs, I will still buy the game full price if I get to assassinate Kane & Lynch in one mission.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Philll said:
I believe this was the original article.

Google translation
Here's the Google Translated version of the quote for convenience:
At the next Hitman game is coming, they tried someone in the head with passion and guts to innovate (Me neither), but alas he was removed and K & L management has taken over. It does not bode well for future IO and Hitman.
IO Interactive Former employee "Voodooman"

Philll said:
That's one way to look at it.

However, if we all sat on our hands and swallowed everything developers fed us, it'd still be mandatory to have glowing objects and visible take down notifications in Deus Ex 3.

I know they're listening too. They've commented on it since. The game is still in the early development stage so now would be the best time to voice your concerns.

If you don't have any, that's great, developers love nothing more than catering towards gamers with the care factor of a brick. For those who do care about one of the last challenging series in existence, it's a different story. We don't need yet another arbitrary violence simulator with the same goal as every other modern first and third person shooter.

Thanks for being utterly condescending. All I was saying was that we've had so many mixed impressions about this game that it's hard to draw any conclusions about how it will turn out. I don't appreciate it being suggested that I have "the care factor of a brick", or the implication inherent in the sentence "if we all sat on our hands and swallowed everything developers fed us".

Why do I not appreciate it? Because I'm the rational one in this little online dialogue we're having here. You're the internet-Aspergers case who thinks that he can influence a game developer by throwing tantrums on message boards, and I'm the guy who thinks that we should wait for more information before tarring and feathering anyone.

NZer

disappeared said:
Hitman just might be the best example of how games are hitting the lowest-common-denominator.

It was a game about an assassin. One that you controlled. You were given the tools and the freedom to execute assassinations as you saw fit. Whether it be by staking out the house for an hour and learning the NPC reactions, or making a last-ditch effort with a silenced pistol while your target was alone in a bathroom.

None of that had to do with seeing through walls, or taking cover behind a chest-high-wall. It was about adapting to your environment. It was about learning what was going on around you. Realizing that, one wrong move, and you are absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, fucked. Because you're an assassin. Timing is everything, and everything is timing.

But now, this industry has seen to it that not even an assassin should be allowed to carry out his duties with due-caution.

The comments thus far, quoted by the developers and industry previews, has left me wondering where our brains went.

Is this it?

I totally agree. Hitman had found a niche, and provided a take on stealth that other games don't. It's not a franchise for everybody, it's a franchise that will appeal to a certain type of person - and for those people, there aren't that many other games that cater to that style.

Like others have said, even if this become a good action game, it's not like we're really short of those. Proper Hitman games, on the other hand...

Oh, and another thing, the developer saying that in past Hitman games the levels were huge and the player didn't know what to do... that was the whole point! The levels themselves only took 10 minutes once you'd worked out how to do them - the whole charm was the preceeding hour(s) you'd spent wandering (sometimes aimlessly) around the level, slowly learning the ins and outs, the dos and don'ts, until finally you had concocted a scheme that you thought would work. Actually completing the level was the very last step - implementing the knowledge you'd gained. It was refreshing to be able to say at the end that you'd really explored the game, because we don't do that as much anymore.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Munin said:

Contracts had some great levels in the Hitman series, and still a fine game in its own right. Has anyone claimed doing the OT for this game on here by any chance? If not, I'm happy to do the official topic when it comes and give it a graphic display for the title.

Interfectum

disappeared said:

Is this it?

If I had the power to give tags I would give you one that says "Fucking Awesome"

Love this post.

Philll

Banned
jim-jam bongs said:
and I'm the guy who thinks that we should wait for more information before tarring and feathering anyone.

Yes yes, I see this "guy" every time any developer decides to destroy a series, they kind of go hand in hand. As does being utterly oblivious.

I cannot even fathom how anybody with any brain capacity who has read the comments IO have made, along with the gameplay changes we have seen and heard of, can honestly believe this game will be nothing more than another trashy attempt at making a blockbuster out of what was a niche series, destroying it in the process. I just wish the game release wasn't so far off, because I more than likely won't remember to specifically tell you I told you so. You'll have to keep it in mind.

I'm about to kill Ahoi with a fucking heart attack.

IO Interactive's Christian Elverdam has hinted at Hitman: Absolution becoming the first title within the franchise to feature some sort of multiplayer mode.

“It's not something I can share with you at this point. But rest assured, we'll be sharing more later,” the gameplay director teased, when asked whether the IO will ever consider adding multiplayer to the popular franchise in the latest issue of PSM3 magazine.

It seems a big indication that we'll be seeing some sort of multiplayer mode within Absolution, but keep it listed under speculation for the moment, and hopefully we'll hear more on the matter in the near future.

http://www.connectedconsoles.com/ps3/io-interactive-hints-at-multiplayer-for-hitman-absolution/3834/

Even I'm miffed at this :/

Uncharted and Assassin's Creed were still fantastic SP with MP attached in the subsequent iterations, but come one... Hitman multiplayer?

Interfectum said:
If they are influenced by Assassin's Creed's multi, then I may be okay with this.

Yeah, a modern-day version of AC-style multiplayer* might be cool if IO pulls it off.

* I've never actually touched AC's multiplayer.

Spat_triate

Philll said:
Quotes from the lead developer:
In Blood Money, we felt it was one huge mission, then another huge mission, then another huge mission… and you always start outside and probe your way in. It got a little repetitive at the end.

Ok fuck that, I'm jumping on the hate wagon.

spicy cho

What I'd love is a competitive mode where two players are given a single target to take out and have to be as stealthy as possible to do it. AI is seriously beefed up and you have to be really clever about it. That'd be neat.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
See, if I thought they were sticking to the Blood Money model then something similar to AC: Brotherhood would be fucking awesome. Unfortunately I'm not that optimistic.

Thanks Philll, I couldn't have made better points in that discussion up there!

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I'm about to kill Ahoi with a fucking heart attack.

http://www.connectedconsoles.com/ps3/io-interactive-hints-at-multiplayer-for-hitman-absolution/3834/

Even I'm miffed at this :/

Uncharted and Assassin's Creed were still fantastic SP with MP attached in the subsequent iterations, but come one... Hitman multiplayer?
Well the only fun way I can imagine this working is if there's a team of bodyguards who got to protect a target in a huge traditions of trade style hotel level and watch out for suspicious behaviour by one player who plays a hitman character.
But that would require LOTS of patience and probably turn off most players, so it'll be shit like deathmatch or co-op shooting together with diana.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
What do you mean?
It comes back to the existence of checkpoints, and what that implies about level design, and what that in turn implies about the games mechanics and overall flow. Blood Money, much like AC: Brotherhood multi, often revolved around walking nonchalantly through the crowd disguised as a civilian while finding your mark. This game, on the other hand, is increasingly sounding like although disguises will exist, you'll mostly be using them to pass quickly among a few guards in an abandoned museum or whatever.

Top Bottom