• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Abomination - Stealth, No Map, Killing only target 'ambition' and more

MMaRsu

Banned
I just had to go out and replace my onboard videocard with a gt9600GT with 1.5gb ram, hopefully enough to replay BM :D.

And it works GLOOOOOOOOOOORIOUSLY

Philll said:
Yes yes, I see this "guy" every time any developer decides to destroy a series, they kind of go hand in hand. As does being utterly oblivious.

I cannot even fathom how anybody with any brain capacity who has read the comments IO have made, along with the gameplay changes we have seen and heard of, can honestly believe this game will be nothing more than another trashy attempt at making a blockbuster out of what was a niche series, destroying it in the process. I just wish the game release wasn't so far off, because I more than likely won't remember to specifically tell you I told you so. You'll have to keep it in mind.

There aren't enough lulz in the world. Thanks for proving my point, and enjoy your histrionics which will ultimately have no effect and just remind you that you're completely powerless in spite of any delusions you may have.

Philll

Banned
Ah. Articulating nothingness. Am I supposed to be impressed?

jim-jam bongs said:
it's hard to draw any conclusions about how it will turn out

That there, with everything we already know, is your biggest problem. Feel free to suggest I have yet another disorder, but I'd rather you put it in a private message. The people here who keep themselves informed and actually pay attention to what's been happening in the games industry for the past decade can continue the discussion that way.

Better yet, they may as well close every thread until everything for any topic is utterly proved. Obviously opinions and independent thought outside the realms of anything you believe isn't acceptable.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Guys. Guys. Open ended levels are confusing. Why bother designing a level like that when you can just make it a hallway with chesthighwalls

Game sounds like a betrayalton.

Some new(ish) info from this months Xbox World,

- 47 can still dual wield pistols

- Fibre wire is confirmed to make a return (no mention of syringes yet)

- The AI will wait in ambush should you start shooting, they will no longer run towards you all at once as they did in Blood Money. Not too sure about this as they don't really go into any detail. If the AI is able to wait for you to come to them it could once again suggest a more linear level design.

- A hint that there will be a gun customisation feature, but it will be much different to BM, no longer allowing the player to max out weapons after 2 or 3 levels.

- Instinct WILL be rewarded for stealthy gameplay as well as silent kills etc. It sounds like Instinct will also be rewarded at the end of each level and carry over into the next level.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Speedymanic said:
Some new(ish) info from this months Xbox World,

Some of those bulletpoints I read as :

" We are happy to inform you, than in the next iteration of Quake, we will in fact have a rocket launcher *pause for applause* thank you thank you"

"Also as a bonus exclusive to NeoGAF I'd like to divulge that the jump button will be making its return"

Drazgul

Will we be able to manually save our game at any point, like in all Hitman games so far?
That remains to be seen but currently, no. It could change, however, depending on how play testing goes.

Lame. No PC game should have to have some inferior checkpoints.

PnCIa

From all the info i´ve read about so far, i *still* don´t know if the game has the same sandbox approach as the previous Hitmans. They just keep calling it a "stealth game". Actually i fear it won´t be a sandbox game anymore.

Drazgul said:
Lame. No PC game should have to have some inferior checkpoints.

Am I the only one who remembers that all Hitman games had no saving if you played on the highest difficulty?
NeoGaf always talks about the hardcore experience, but then opts out into easy mode or what?!

DerZuhälter said:
Am I the only one who remembers that all Hitman games had no saving if you played on the highest difficulty?
NeoGaf always talks about the hardcore experience, but then opts out into easy mode or what?!
You had the option to choose. Either play on hard and don't save at all, or on easier levels and get a few saves. I still like that. But don't give me checkpoints in a Hitman game.

Grinchy

Banned
FTH said:
Any female assassination targets was a weird question to ask...
I realize this was like 300 posts ago, but I thought it was weird too.

It's like asking, "And are there any Asians or African-Americans being portrayed in your game?"

Jintor

Oh yeah, you did have to kill chicks in Blood Money, right? They were mostly other assassins though, from memory.

Drazgul

DerZuhälter said:

What ClosingADoor said. Playing without no saves at all was fun, but for the first playthrough I usually went with the second hardest difficulty that allowed a few saves - good for trying various approaches and what not.

Foffy

Banned
PnCIa said:
From all the info i´ve read about so far, i *still* don´t know if the game has the same sandbox approach as the previous Hitmans. They just keep calling it a "stealth game". Actually i fear it won´t be a sandbox game anymore.

I'd imagine it'd be a stealth-inspired Kane & Lynch game. I don't even think I have to describe the problems that ensues, especially with IO consistently delivering on terrible gunplay.

Kabouter

Jintor said:
Oh yeah, you did have to kill chicks in Blood Money, right? They were mostly other assassins though, from memory.
Only three women come to mind as targets in Hitman: Blood Money, all assassins. One in Murder of Crows, two in A Dance With the Devil.

Aguirre

Interfectum said:
Sounds awful.
lVP1E.gif

OT: it definitely sounds like a totally different game from the excellent blood money. having said that, change can be good. look at deus ex.

Top Bottom