• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman HD Enhanced Collection

Ozrimandias

Io Interactive just announce the release of Hitman HD Enhanced Collection, that is Absolution and Blood Money with enhancements like 4k visuals and 60 frames per second

Today we’re happy and excited to announce Hitman HD Enhanced Collection, a compilation of two classic Hitman titles remastered in 4K resolution: Hitman: Blood Money and Hitman: Absolution. It will be available digitally January 11, 2019, for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Both games can be played in 4K resolution and 60 fps, including many other improvements that bring these two classic titles into 2019 with the attention and love that they deserve.

“We’re very happy with this collection and how we were able to update and remaster two of our classic Hitman titles for modern consoles,” said Hakan Abrak, CEO, IO Interactive. “Hitman: Blood Money and Hitman: Absolution have helped us on our journey to where we are today, and we’re looking forward to players enjoying them in 4K and 60 fps.”

Hitman HD Enhanced Collection will feature:

• 4K visuals at 60 frames per second
  • Increased texture resolution
  • Upgraded texture formats
  • Super-sampling
  • Upscale support
  • Heightened shadow map and mirror resolutions
  • Improved lighting
  • Updated controls for a more fluid experience

Last edited:

Helios

Such a weird choice. Why not enhance the whole series including Silent Assassin and Contracts?

kingbean

Such a weird choice. Why not enhance the whole series including Silent Assassin and Contracts?

Low effort ports I assume.

If they aren't coming to PC that means to me that the console version is just the PC version ramped up to high and thats about it.

VulcanRaven

I wish they would have included Hitman 2 and Hitman: Contracts like in the previous HD collection.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Wtf.. I was literally dreaming about this last night wtf? But why include the wordt Hitman game-Absolution- instead of Contracts?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Honestly, as great as Blood Money was, every old Hitman game has been completely overshadowed by the reboot(s). They're so much better in almost every way that going back now would be for nostalgia and curiosity's sake.

I even have a personal affection for Silent Assassin since I played it so much when I was younger, but realistically the reboots are fundamentally better games.

Oemenia

Banned
I still hear a lot from the fans about Contracts and especially Blood Money but I could never get into these games as they felt too trial and error.

Aintitcool

Banned
Enhancing 2 generation old games is more remake terretory while blood money and absolution are ps3 and 360 release and the architecture is more similar.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Should have included the first 3 games too, they play great still. Well, the very first not as much but still. Just increase resolution and framerate and you're done. Put just absolution in the PR screens if you think the others look too old to attract people, even make them bonus unlockables, Idc. Absolution truly was beautiful, more so than the new Hitman and Hitman 2, but it was pretty subpar outside that visual polish.

and PC, as always, out of attention ((the game was originally developed on a PC
All the games are available on Steam https://store.steampowered.com/developer/iointeractive

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
Blood Money is still a better game than most other stealth games released since it came out.

thelastword

Banned
Nice, got them on PC, will get them for PS4 PRO at 4K 60fps.......

In as much as people talk BC, I love the concept of remasters for consoles....How else is a console gamer supposed to enjoy his wares at a significant upgrade in framerate and visuals....? Unless the Sony patent solves those issues.....

I don't think BC should stop remasters and it won't tbh..... People would rather buy these games again than play the old ones with worse visuals and sub 30fps, at least, if they're going back to said games they need more incentive....which remasters provide...

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I was onboard until I saw the price...

Haha. No. No thanks. Look Blood Money was awesome, and I’ll give you £16 for it, but you can keep Absolution.

-MD-

Did anyone even like Absolution? You'd think they would try to distance themselves from that one.

Ozrimandias

Did anyone even like Absolution? You'd think they would try to distance themselves from that one.

I think it not that bad, in fact i liked very much....
for me contracts it is still the high point of the franchise. Its shady and dark stages, with twisted antagonists and the unparalleled music of Jesper Kyd.
The murder of the Meat King, and entering a meeting at the Chinese restaurant are memorable, I think the last hitman that had that level was Blood Money, the party heaven and hell is also unforgettable. Up to that point, 47 moved in a murky and clandestine world, with low-world targets, But now 47 receive orders to eliminate targets in F1 races in Miami or High Fashion Events in Paris.

Meh, seems worthless to PC players or more specifically PC code ported to consoles. I'm happy to see them do a re release so maybe newer players who never got to play Blood Money get to, as that game is fucking phenomenal. Absolution, which looked pretty visually striking on release just isn't a very good Hitman game in my opinion. Though I should maybe replay it after being a few years seperated from it. I played Blood Money right before Absolution came out and felt Absolution compared really poorly to Blood Money at the time.

Last edited:
Absolution, which looked pretty visually striking on release just isn't a very good Hitman game in my opinion.
Absolution is actually amazing. People always hate on it in comparison to Blood Money (and because disguises are largely ineffective), but I think Absolution is ultimately a better game because it does focus more on traditional stealth than puzzlebox solving. Play it on Professional difficult and try to do all the challenges for the level. Like Hitman 2016, the game really shines when you master the levels through multiple playthroughs with different, often more challening goals.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
It sucks that this is digital only. And only two games? The HD Trilogy is more enticing deal, given it has 3 Hitman titles and they all released on physical disc. One of the few games i still need for my backlog.

Fun facts for Ozrimandias Ozrimandias :

Did you know...

... That Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman 3: Contracts and Hitman: Blood Money, all have a first person mode available on all console releases so far, which enables a new (and much harder!) way to play the game? (Not sure if PS4/XBO will have first person for Blood Money though, but it is a given, no?)

... That Hitman: Blood Money, through this re-release, is one of few AAA games (And one of very few first person shooters!) to get released across 3 different console generations? Blood Money released originally in 2006 for PC, PS2, Xbox and Xbox 360, and gained a re-release in 2013 which added PlayStation 3 support (Silent Assassin and Contracts retroactively got Xbox 360 and PS3 ports through this) and with PS4/XBO ports on the way, these will mark the 6th and 7th platform Blood Money is released upon?

Paasei

Blood Money is still an amazing game today. Also still has proper controls and works better than most recent stealth games.

The two reboots are great as well, however I am somewhat biased being a Hitman fan.

Absolution, though.... To me it's the worst game in the series for its linear level design and playing without instinct is not an extra challenge, it's just a punishment to yourself.

LMAO that price. From the always online nature of the reboot, the timing of release of the sequel and now the price point for this one it actively feels like someone's trying to sabotage the franchise.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Whoa, I was thinking that this was a re-release of the HD collection from PS3 which contained the first 3 games. I didn't realize it was a re-release of Absolution and Blood Money. I know it had it's fair share of detractors, but I loved Absolution and had a blast with it.

It was also the home of one of the funniest gaming scenes of all time:
at 24 seconds. "WHAT THE F********!!!!!"

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
LMAO that price. From the always online nature of the reboot, the timing of release of the sequel and now the price point for this one it actively feels like someone's trying to sabotage the franchise.
Im probably blind, but I am not seeing the price. Where is it stating the price? I didn't see it on the Playstation Store or Xbox Live.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Whoa, I was thinking that this was a re-release of the HD collection from PS3 which contained the first 3 games. I didn't realize it was a re-release of Absolution and Blood Money. I know it had it's fair share of detractors, but I loved Absolution and had a blast with it.

It was also the home of one of the funniest gaming scenes of all time:
at 24 seconds. "WHAT THE F********!!!!!"

Was i supposed to laugh at that? Or is it the echo his WTF is protruding in the room?

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin will always be my favorite. The game had so much feeling and the music was as good as I've ever heard in a game.

Absolution is actually amazing. People always hate on it in comparison to Blood Money (and because disguises are largely ineffective), but I think Absolution is ultimately a better game because it does focus more on traditional stealth than puzzlebox solving. Play it on Professional difficult and try to do all the challenges for the level. Like Hitman 2016, the game really shines when you master the levels through multiple playthroughs with different, often more challening goals.

Which are things I've never really associated with Hitman. Disguises is what set Hitman apart from other stealth games and especially it being a sandbox. Absolution had very linear level design and next to worthless disguise system, which is like...why not just make a different game if you don't want any of the tenants of the franchise to come through. I do think I'll replay it though and treat it less like a Hitman game and more like Syphon Filter: Stealth Edition.

Which are things I've never really associated with Hitman. Disguises is what set Hitman apart from other stealth games and especially it being a sandbox. Absolution had very linear level design and next to worthless disguise system, which is like...why not just make a different game if you don't want any of the tenants of the franchise to come through. I do think I'll replay it though and treat it less like a Hitman game and more like Syphon Filter: Stealth Edition.
First, it’s okay for a Hitman game to branch out. The disguises were 90% effective, but you had to be careful at a few spots where your disguises could be seen through. You had a certain amount of hiding your face you could do, which slowed down how long it would take to recognize you - but you had to be choosey about when you did it. It wasn’t a get out of jail free card. You needed to use stealth AND disguises to succeed. Rather than see that as an opportunity to solve and overcome, you see it as a punishment. That’s a problem with your mindset, not the system.

Second, the levels aren’t as linear as they initially seem. Do all the challenges and you see this. Because of the fact that sections had to load, you’d play section A then section B then section C - but each of these sections could be pretty open with multiple ways through. There were just bottlenecks. I don’t even remember them being too bad after the first couple levels.

Ozrimandias

It sucks that this is digital only. And only two games? The HD Trilogy is more enticing deal, given it has 3 Hitman titles and they all released on physical disc. One of the few games i still need for my backlog.

Fun facts for Ozrimandias Ozrimandias :

Did you know...

... That Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman 3: Contracts and Hitman: Blood Money, all have a first person mode available on all console releases so far, which enables a new (and much harder!) way to play the game? (Not sure if PS4/XBO will have first person for Blood Money though, but it is a given, no?)

... That Hitman: Blood Money, through this re-release, is one of few AAA games (And one of very few first person shooters!) to get released across 3 different console generations? Blood Money released originally in 2006 for PC, PS2, Xbox and Xbox 360, and gained a re-release in 2013 which added PlayStation 3 support (Silent Assassin and Contracts retroactively got Xbox 360 and PS3 ports through this) and with PS4/XBO ports on the way, these will mark the 6th and 7th platform Blood Money is released upon?

Thank, i forgot about the first person camera until i replayed contracts a few days ago.
Finished Hitman 2 yesterday, and the game reaches the highlight in its last level....the kind of level you encounter in the past game, in fact one of the games (the one set in vermont) its like a ripoff of a Level in BloodMoney.

MMaRsu

Banned
The Hitman 2 suburb map is heavily inspired by blood moneys a new life where u kill vinnie sinestro(?)

MMaRsu

Banned
First, it’s okay for a Hitman game to branch out. The disguises were 90% effective, but you had to be careful at a few spots where your disguises could be seen through. You had a certain amount of hiding your face you could do, which slowed down how long it would take to recognize you - but you had to be choosey about when you did it. It wasn’t a get out of jail free card. You needed to use stealth AND disguises to succeed. Rather than see that as an opportunity to solve and overcome, you see it as a punishment. That’s a problem with your mindset, not the system.

Second, the levels aren’t as linear as they initially seem. Do all the challenges and you see this. Because of the fact that sections had to load, you’d play section A then section B then section C - but each of these sections could be pretty open with multiple ways through. There were just bottlenecks. I don’t even remember them being too bad after the first couple levels.

but if you turned off instinct you couldnt even use disguises. Absolution is a broken, horrendous take on the Hitman franchise. It was so bad that IOI wrote an apolagy letter to all Hitman fans.

So fuck that game, Jason Bourne esque cover shooter bullshit.

Ozrimandias

Absolution got a large amount of hate because the game is indeed very linear, for example, King of Chinatown has one entry, one exit and in the middle multiple choices of eliminating a target, But thats it, a little scenario with little space for improvisation. On the other hand, Hitman 2 in its last Level, has multiple entries, multiple exits, and multiples choices for eliminating a target in a large scenario with high levels of improvisation.

Absolution was a good game, but thats it, good....not memorable moments, maybe Terminus and the Home for orphans i think......that levels, with the actual Hitman desing, problably had been a scenario with the old hitman standards (marvelous).

My choices of favourite scenarios (or the one i enjoyed the most that past the test of time) was

Silent Assassin: The levels in Kuala Lumpur and the Jacuzzi Job
Contracts: The Meat King, The Seafood Masacre
Blood Money: A New Life (the suburban scenario) and the Heaven and Hell Party and the party in Siberia i think? in a Resort in the mountains

Absolution: Terminus
Hitman: Hokkaido and Zapienza
Hitman 2: New Zealand, the last level

Redneckerz

Thank, i forgot about the first person camera until i replayed contracts a few days ago.
Finished Hitman 2 yesterday, and the game reaches the highlight in its last level....the kind of level you encounter in the past game, in fact one of the games (the one set in vermont) its like a ripoff of a Level in BloodMoney.
Its supposely pretty okay for an FP camera.

I wouldnt know about the levels though, i have yet to play this series :O

They really want to pretend Agent 47 doesn't exist, that's like the 5th collection it's not in.

At least released and updated, fixed version of hitman 1.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
No physical and Digital only
*Looks on PS Store and sees price*
anigif_sub-buzz-5269-1515752810-1.gif

Top Bottom