• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Foffy

Banned
This is how I did it.
You'll glimpse him walk into a side alley while I'm waiting, but eventually he does emerge and walk up the steps.

It was when he walked into that alley I got swerved. I knew he would be going to that location (the worn-down building), but as many players would know if they played a lot of the game, sometimes the AI doesn't follow their pathways with detours.

Suffice to say, this time the game was correct.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I have yet to do a single elusive.

Did you dip on the game at launch Meaty or did you just recently get on board? Last I saw you were frustrated with the online/offline stuff.

Just recently. I had Paris but I relented BIG style a couple of weeks ago and bought the Upgrade Pack. One of my favourite series and all that.

Still think they were shitty with communicating the unlockable situation. I see so many Challenges and mechanics that would be completely inaccessible offline. "Full" game indeed.

Christ. I've only done one.

When the last elusive target (#10) came out, it was mentioned on the official livestream that you could still get the Blood Money Suit if you started then. And it was confirmed at another time that buyers of the disc release will be able to unlock suits.

Of course we don't have exact numbers.

And on a third occasion (I don't remember when anymore), the developers said that they are working on making more elusive target unlocks that will be "iconic." Certainly sounds better than the original idea of having Absolution Suit with/without gloves and Blood Money Suit with/without gloves as separate unlocks.

MUnited83

For you.
When the last elusive target (#10) came out, it was mentioned on the official livestream that you could still get the Blood Money Suit if you started then. And it was confirmed at another time that buyers of the disc release will be able to unlock suits.

Of course we don't have exact numbers.

And on a third occasion (I don't remember when anymore), the developers said that they are working on making more elusive target unlocks that will be "iconic." Certainly sounds better than the original idea of having Absolution Suit with/without gloves and Blood Money Suit with/without gloves as separate unlocks.
Yeah, usual suit +red tie unlocks gets old quickly. I wish they did some silly unlocks for a change.

Jito

Banned
I wish the unlocks allowed you to use the different starting outfits for each level on different levels.

Whens the next mission out? Next Tuesday?

Foffy

Banned
Has IO stated what counts as progress to the unlockable suits with ETs?

Is it mission completion, or completing the target challenge and killing the actual guy? I'd like to know, to know if I have 11 on my way to the Hitman 2016 suit, or...

10 :(

Has IO stated what counts as progress to the unlockable suits with ETs?

Is it mission completion, or completing the target challenge and killing the actual guy? I'd like to know, to know if I have 11 on my way to the Hitman 2016 suit, or...

10 :(

They will tell you that it's mission completion, but in my experience it's just completing the target challenge. I think there's some confusion and/or technical inconsistencies.

I got the Blood Money Suit after completing #1-10, even though I failed to escape after killing Gary Busey.

Fucked it up

Gotta stop using syringes, no idea why you get away with it sometimes and not others.

Did you use it on the target or on the courier? I tried both (emetic for the courier).

For the target, you have to distract Strandberg and have no one else around. People in front of the person you're trying to inject might see you because vision cones are wide enough to sometimes see "backwards".

For the courier... I gave up very quickly.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe completing an ET with a SA rank also counts towards unlocks.

I don't think so it's just for some reason since the game came out whatever number it's tracking seems to be a few ahead so I get unlocks early and it's never been fixed.

screenshot-original15ha5v.png
screenshot-original27aa5z.png

screenshot-original71l19.png
screenshot-original3lmlfo.png

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe completing an ET with a SA rank also counts towards unlocks.
It's definitely not that, I've successfully completed all 11 Elusives, six of them with Silent Assassin, and I unlocked the Blood Money suit correctly after ten Elusives, and I still haven't unlocked the regular Hitman suit with gloves (which is the reward for 13 Elusives).

The unlocks were screwed up for some people and they were getting unlocks early; I believe this has since been patched so that new players don't experience it, but anyone who previously had the bug and was 'ahead' is still ahead, and so getting all of the Elusive unlocks earlier than they should.

Jito

Banned
Hit level 20 on Marrakesh last night, the level has really grown on me after disliking the level setup at first. Onto Bangkok next.

Jito

Banned
Yeh the crowds are completely pointless, feels like they wanted to show off how many people they can have on screen as they serve zero gameplay purpose other than making it an effort to walk around the map.

This is probably because The Fixer was delayed by a week. Plus Hokkaido is releasing immediately afterwards so the schedule is not flexible for a while.

Challenges for The Identity Thief were visible in-game back at the end of June, so this has been in the works for a while. Still working through the Paris backlog?

Foffy

Banned
Hey look, another ET. I quite like them putting them out more of-

...Paris.

Again.

Is this another ET that was in launch review copies of the game? The last few were, IIRC.

A lot of featured contracts went up today - seven in Colorado for everyone who really needs an excuse to use those alternate exits.

Most of these new contracts are basically freeform improvisation. Speedrunners are having a field day.

zkorejo

Love the new hitman... Elusive targets is one of the best things this game has to offer. I had an amazing experience with my first ET which happened to be the Fixer.

I have only completed Paris (main mission), and as much as I am enjoying the main missions, I enjoyed Fixer ET a bit more due to the added restrictions that further intensified the mission.

Foffy

Banned
Side effect of the episodic model, I guess. When it's been retail for a bit, may be a little braver.

Perhaps, but I'd like to see more elsewhere.

The only ETs they've said they have no plans on releasing anything for (at present) is the Summer Bonus Episodes because these are only available to people who bought the game as one product, not as episodes.

To their defence however, this may be the first ET for Paris that wasn't included in review copies when Paris launched in March. Maybe it will be more interesting than nearly...well, everything they've done with ETs in Paris.

Maiorum

Elusive target is up.

This one was easy. Grabbed the auction invite card from the bathroom, followed the target to the auction, and stabbed him with the lethal syringe when he was on the balcony overlooking the grounds. I made a dumb wrong turn while exiting and was caught trespassing for a second, but I would have gotten SA if it weren't for that.

That didn't take long.

I followed him upstairs by drain pipe and ended up following him all the way back down again by stairs. Could have dropped a chandelier, but forgot about that.

Instead, lethal injection once he had gone out the back doors.

Deadstar

That didn't take long.

I followed him upstairs by drain pipe and ended up following him all the way back down again by stairs. Could have dropped a chandelier, but forgot about that.

Instead, lethal injection once he had gone out the back doors.

How did no one see you do this?

Terra_Ex

Easy & quick ET this time,
set up the puddle of water so the guy would get killed (didn't electrocute myself this time around!) and tossed a coin in the puddle for him to go after.

How did no one see you do this?

Once he goes out the back door, the guards inside can't see him. The guard sitting to the right is looking the wrong way, and everybody on the lawn is too far away.

I did have a brainfart when I realized that I did all this suit-only and so couldn't just run to the nearby exits. Had to waste some time waiting in the basement.

I finally got a chance to try Colorado

I killed three of the people, the last one I had to get is the mask guy. I killed him in the basement and the woman tells me that I need his body to open the door to the escape. I drag his body over there but I can't hold his face up to the scanner? What's the deal? Is it because I headshotted him?

Is her voiceover inaccurate, and i actually have to go upstairs to use the 3D printer? Do I need to bring the body up there with me? I'm compromised so I'd have to roll back the save pretty far (to before killing the guy with the watch) to be able to easily get upstairs. That'd be really annoying.

I killed three of the people, the last one I had to get is the mask guy. I killed him in the basement and the woman tells me that I need his body to open the door to the escape. I drag his body over there but I can't hold his face up to the scanner? What's the deal? Is it because I headshotted him?

You need the other guy. Ezra Berg is the mask guy, Sean Rose is the militia leader.

You're probably not going to get his body down from wherever it is so the 3D printer is going to be the best option.

You need the other guy. Ezra Berg is the mask guy, Sean Rose is the militia leader.

You're probably not going to get his body down from wherever it is so the 3D printer is going to be the best option.

Oh shit lol, thanks.

So the 3D printer is preloaded with Sean's face? I just need to get to it, no body?

Top Bottom