• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Trouble

Banned
RPS has another article that is basically Sapienza appreciation: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/16/hitman-reveals-itself-in-layers/

He seems to be fixated on trying to do the Master Sniper challenges with the story targets, which seems like it will just end in tears.

Are the hide the body and the two targets with one shot ones even possible with the story targets? The 10 targets one is quite literally not possible with the story because it has to be 10 different targets.

I just cheesed it and used MrFreeze's contracts.

SL128

Are the hide the body and the two targets with one shot ones even possible with the story targets? The 10 targets one is quite literally not possible with the story because it has to be 10 different targets.

I just cheesed it and used MrFreeze's contracts.
Two targets with one shot is possible, but difficult: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS3_UvPqOXk
As for hiding a body, you would probably have to knock Francesca out on the pier, and position her body right by the water. Or maybe Caruso visiting his mother's grave.

In any case, the challenges are clearly not designed for the story mission, which is annoying.

Barrett2

Genuinely baffled by location of the "files" I'm supposed to retrieve on this Elusive Target mission. Literally been wandering around for 90min looking for them lol

Genuinely baffled by location of the "files" I'm supposed to retrieve on this Elusive Target mission. Literally been wandering around for 90min looking for them lol

There's a one-time scripted event where the target and her security chief will talk to each other and give away the location.

And then if you can follow the security chief, he will lead you right to the files.

You can follow the general he will lead you to them.

They are in a new safe which is located in the security room in the North Tower. Thats on the second floor, its the same wing that has Jordan Cross on the top two floors doing his music thing. Its where the VCR recorder machine thing is for the level.

There are a bunch of hotel security guards inside, you can get in with a security disguise but one guard will spot you if you are in his line of sight.

There are also two army guys "guarding" the safe. Next spoiler is how to get it open if you want it spoiled.

If you unlock the safe with a key (red beret general guy drops it if you take him out) the two army guards will bust you. You can trigger the fire alarm in the room to get them to leave. If you have the breaching charges on you, you are able to place them on the safe and the army guys will NOT freak out (weird). You can step a few steps away, detonate it which will open the safe, pull out the thumb drive, and get away (watch out for the one guard who sees through security disguise, he has a definite patrol and you can step around to avoid being spotted by him).

Muninn

Banned
I'll be honest, I do lose interest in games like this without much story or reason for your killing.

Don't get me wrong, Hitman is fun and all, but it's basically just a murder sim. It is what it is. But it's gamey enough most don't notice or care.

I still have not done the elusive target again. Grrrrrrr.

SHarris78

Finished Yakuza 0 the other day and wanted to play something more suited to short sessions whilst waiting for Zelda. I keep playing The Final Test over and over trying to get all the different objectives done, so much fun!

Trouble

Banned
I'll be honest, I do lose interest in games like this without much story or reason for your killing.

Don't get me wrong, Hitman is fun and all, but it's basically just a murder sim. It is what it is. But it's gamey enough most don't notice or care.

I still have not done the elusive target again. Grrrrrrr.

I prefer the term Murder Sandbox.

I keep reading about the NPC head-turning vision cone bugs getting worse and worse, and now it seems it's so bad that even I notice it with my non-envelope-pushing playing style.

I just had Strandberg throwing up in the consulate toilet on professional, but as soon as I got up behind him as a janitor he saw through my disguise and turned around. This was approaching from 180 degrees behind the direction he was facing, while he was in a narrow toilet stall with no possible peripheral field of vision, and me not running.

It really does feel like somebody at IO has been slowly ratcheting up NPC head-turning from 180 degrees to 270 degrees to 360 degrees as the season went on.

I keep reading about the NPC head-turning vision cone bugs getting worse and worse, and now it seems it's so bad that even I notice it with my non-envelope-pushing playing style.

I just had Strandberg throwing up in the consulate toilet on professional, but as soon as I got up behind him as a janitor he saw through my disguise and turned around. This was approaching from 180 degrees behind the direction he was facing, while he was in a narrow toilet stall with no possible peripheral field of vision, and me not running.

It really does feel like somebody at IO has been slowly ratcheting up NPC head-turning from 180 degrees to 270 degrees to 360 degrees as the season went on.

That guard patrolling the top floor of the house in Colorado is an asshole too. I'll wait until he's facing the balcony before trying to lockpick the basement door and he'll see or hear me doing it. Both of those things are just stupid.

I finished all the challenges in Colorado to unlock the sniper rifle but I've come to the conclusion that pro mode is best played by jumping between the maps to avoid this kind of frustration. I was doing Sapienza challenges for a while and I disliked the ether lab section so much that I'd just shoot the two guards patrolling above and then take potshots at the virus with the Silverballer until it was destroyed. That would trigger an alarm and I'd go into combat and end up with a score of zero. Which is kind of contrary to the point of the game.

That guard patrolling the top floor of the house in Colorado is an asshole too. I'll wait until he's facing the balcony before trying to lockpick the basement door and he'll see or hear me doing it. Both of those things are just stupid.

I finished all the challenges in Colorado to unlock the sniper rifle but I've come to the conclusion that pro mode is best played by jumping between the maps to avoid this kind of frustration. I was doing Sapienza challenges for a while and I disliked the ether lab section so much that I'd just shoot the two guards patrolling above and then take potshots at the virus with the Silverballer until it was destroyed. That would trigger an alarm and I'd go into combat and end up with a score of zero. Which is kind of contrary to the point of the game.

Fortunately I was able to pivot the run where Strandberg spotted me into an APC turret run, since he immediately went into lockdown to kick things off. Unfortunately that was one of the challenges I'd hoped to skip since it can't possibly be stacked with any other challenge on professional.

I don't think I've ever brought the lockpick in Colorado - either I already have the breaching charges for distracting guards, or I get the basement key that Ezra Berg drops.

I never actually figured out how to shoot the virus directly, so I just shoot the stalactite every time - which is fast enough. Colorado felt slow but only ended up taking half the time Marrakesh is taking - just because Marrakesh opportunities are the most wait-intensive. And Dance Till You Drop turns out to be the most dangerous challenge to attempt on professional so far.

Tempted to pick up the Intro Pack, is it worth the $15? Or is the no brained to buy the complete season? I've played very little Hitmsn in the past, but after all the praise on Giant Bomb this year im intrigued

Jintor

Tempted to pick up the Intro Pack, is it worth the $15? Or is the no brained to buy the complete season? I've played very little Hitmsn in the past, but after all the praise on Giant Bomb this year im intrigued

it's only 5 buckaroonies more to dip your toes in and then buy the whole lot later if you like it and the testing levels + paris is absolutely stuffed with content.

Can someone recommend me settings for a stable 60 FPS? Basically I want the min frame rate to be 60. Relevant system specs below.

GPU: GTX 970
CPU: i7 4790k
RAM: 16 GB

Travis at IO tweeted this:

C5GdKZuWcAA2I9G.jpg

Yes, two targets with an optional objective which requires a particular way of killing them which will be "poetic justice".
That's what Travis said in an interview.

What if
one of the kill conditions is to use the botulinum? I was thinking that just requiring lethal poison would be way too easy, but could the game check which poison it is?

SHarris78

So I finished The Final Test and completed all the optional bits n bobs and thought I was ready to get on with game proper - then the Paris level put me in my place, it's friggin huge!!

Spent ages just following the target Viktor around waiting for a chance to off his bodyguard, disguise myself as him then pick the right moment - however there are people everywhere. I ended up electrocuting myself in the garden !!!!!

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
So I finished The Final Test and completed all the optional bits n bobs and thought I was ready to get on with game proper - then the Paris level put me in my place, it's friggin huge!!

Spent ages just following the target Viktor around waiting for a chance to off his bodyguard, disguise myself as him then pick the right moment - however there are people everywhere. I ended up electrocuting myself in the garden !!!!!

This is too funny.

tchocky

It happens. Actually I remember reading about this for one of the elusive targets in Paris on here too so it seems a lot more common than you would think.

Yeah I think three different people in this thread have done it on elusives. I did it once on the story mission in Marrakesh and since then I always shoot it.

I thought I had all this down, but I just blew myself up with the gas lamp in Morocco on professional because I forgot to turn it off before shooting the gas canister.

I picked up all of Season 1 over the weekend as it was 50% off on Steam. Only played Hitman: Blood Money before.

I am loving this game. Wish I would have jumped on it from the start and done the episodic release schedule. I'm a bit overwhelmed with all there is to do in the levels. Just want to try them all and experiment with new ways to kill the targets. Really a great game so far in my limited amount of time with it.

I've got a friend who expressed interest in playing through some contracts on Xbox, so I've been creating a few for the earlier levels:

hitman_contract_1.png

A Screwdriver is Mightier than the Sword
This one's all about accidents which can be set up with a screwdriver. Sabotage the equipment on the palace grounds to embarrass the A/V crew with a string of fatalities.
Xbox One: 3-02-3501703-88
PC: 1-02-7187576-38

hitman_contract_2.png

The Briny Depths
Fishermen are apparently really bad at swimming, so this contract is about pushing them into the water. I thought I might have accidentally made it impossible to get SA on this one, but after some intense maneuvering, I was just able to get it.
Xbox One: 3-03-3921456-88
PC: 1-03-4737892-38

hitman_contract_3.png

The Waiter Reaps
This was my response to a request for a waiter-based contract in Paris. The congressman is by far the hardest target here, but I was happy with some of the nuance I was able to capture with the other ones too. All targets can be seen either drinking excessively, smoking excessively, or both, which I thought fit the gluttony theme well.
Xbox One: 3-02-4349369-88
PC: 1-02-4985780-38

Trouble

Banned
No worries; that was actually quite quick to do. I've added PC contract IDs inline in my original post. Have fun!

Sweet, thanks! I will definitely check them out.

E: Just did the screwdriver one, that was fun. The fire kill was a bit tricky to not get spotted on, but I managed SA.

Joeku

I've got a friend who expressed interest in playing through some contracts on Xbox, so I've been creating a few for the earlier levels:

Got Screwdriver SA in 3:30, could be sub-3:00 if I figure out a way to dodge cameras instead of taking the system out. The fisherman one is throwing me for a loop, though. Gotta work on this one. I'm expecting physics fuckery will help me here.

Got Screwdriver SA in 3:30, could be sub-3:00 if I figure out a way to dodge cameras instead of taking the system out. The fisherman one is throwing me for a loop, though. Gotta work on this one. I'm expecting physics fuckery will help me here.

Sweet! Yeah, SA on The Briny Depths is an endeavor. I got it on the Xbox version today after a LOT of trial and error. You're gonna need a lot of coins.

Joeku

Sweet! Yeah, SA on The Briny Depths is an endeavor. I got it on the Xbox version today after a LOT of trial and error. You're gonna need a lot of coins.

Actually, fuck coins: https://youtu.be/OrDTnNHDTvc

SA in 2:10. My hands are shaking from caffeine and Hitman tension so if I didn't get stuck on the ledge or for some reason decide pick my weapons back up, it would have been 2:00-ish.

;)

Edit: Hitman does the thing that good puzzle games do, where I step away from it for awhile, and a solution pops up in my head so I have to rush back and see if it works. In this case, with the
same-time throw and push
it did.

Double edit: Y'know, just
emetic poison syringe on the ice cream cone guy
would probably be even faster.

Top Bottom