• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Dommel

Since I've been playing nothing but Hitman the last few weeks my girlfriend also kinda got in to it.

She's playing on her own account on the same PS4 but we noticed that our scores do not show up in each other friends leaderboards. Is this a known bug or thing?

Actually, fuck coins: https://youtu.be/OrDTnNHDTvc

SA in 2:10. My hands are shaking from caffeine and Hitman tension so if I didn't get stuck on the ledge or for some reason decide pick my weapons back up, it would have been 2:00-ish.

;)

Edit: Hitman does the thing that good puzzle games do, where I step away from it for awhile, and a solution pops up in my head so I have to rush back and see if it works. In this case, with the
same-time throw and push
it did.

Double edit: Y'know, just
emetic poison syringe on the ice cream cone guy
would probably be even faster.

This is awesome! Well done! My favorite part about making contracts is seeing other people come up with strategies I didn't think of, or didn't think were possible.

I know exactly what you're talking about around thinking of solutions after stepping away. I was doing SA speedruns of Paris the other night and had an epiphany on how to improve my route while lying in bed afterward. It reminds me of a similar phenomenon when debugging code in college — I would step away to take a shower, realize what might be wrong while in the shower, and come back to immediately resolve the issue.

CloudWolf

Actually, fuck coins: https://youtu.be/OrDTnNHDTvc

SA in 2:10. My hands are shaking from caffeine and Hitman tension so if I didn't get stuck on the ledge or for some reason decide pick my weapons back up, it would have been 2:00-ish.

;)

Edit: Hitman does the thing that good puzzle games do, where I step away from it for awhile, and a solution pops up in my head so I have to rush back and see if it works. In this case, with the
same-time throw and push
it did.

Double edit: Y'know, just
emetic poison syringe on the ice cream cone guy
would probably be even faster.

Man, that water is relentless.

Chris R

Did my first SOSA in Marrakech last night. Hardest part for me was the parking garage, just because of the number of people doing random patrols. Lucky for me one of the guards had a key that let me in the back door and from there it was easy, just a lot of save fudging.

Going to try to get SOSA on all the levels now, and at least get SOSA before I really start exploring the level and trying out the guided kills.

Trouble

Banned
I've got a friend who expressed interest in playing through some contracts on Xbox, so I've been creating a few for the earlier levels:

Finished the waiter one with SA. The congressman was tricky. I feel like I missed a trick on him. I had to lure him out into the garden which required subduing the two guys out there first.

I hope you keep making these, they are great!

C5RVYAjWAAAiYf5.png

From @Hitman: Two targets, one optional objective & a new unlock.

Wonder what the purpose of the optional objective is.

There's no way I can do the Vampire Magician oil drum challenge without getting spotted, is there

like murdering everyone else on the map is kinda tedious

Forcing us to kill not one but two targets with a specific method is kinda lame.

I suspect this one is an experiment on the feasibility of unique kill methods in an elusive target. Viral infection on a normal NPC doesn't sound like anything available in the existing Hokkaido level.

We've been getting closer and closer to "opportunities" in elusive targets (pushing the Angel of Death off the roof, poisoning the Warlord's cocktail) but the majority of players obviously never find those.

With this one I think they want to know how many players will find a unique kill opportunity in an elusive target if told about it in advance.

Foffy

Banned
Forcing us to kill not one but two targets with a specific method is kinda lame.

I think that's why they gave us a sudden ET in Bangkok before this, to help people get SA attires.

I also do think that this will force players out of their comfort zones and get more into specific attempts at assassination. I can promise you that for nearly all of my ET runs that I never fired a bullet towards or used a fibre wire on a target, so being forced to do more than breaching charges and lethal syringes is already somewhat interesting.

MUnited83

For you.
I think that's why they gave us a sudden ET in Bangkok before this, to help people get SA attires.

I also do think that this will force players out of their comfort zones and get more into specific attempts at assassination. I can promise you that for nearly all of my ET runs that I never fired a bullet towards or used a fibre wire on a target, so being forced to do more than breaching charges and lethal syringes is already somewhat interesting.
One of the most interesting things about elusive targets is seeing how other people solved it in different ways. With this target every run will be essentially the same.

Fucking punch glitches are souring my mood again. It's super annoying with the single save limit and the fact that some opportunities/challenges can take ages to happen as your targets lazily stroll around the map. The implementation of professional mode is definitely not a 100% success story.

I'm kind of surprised they're increasing the complexity of ETs so close to the retail release. It's okay for those of us who have played the game for a while but it must be a real nuisance for new players. The last ET having the safe on the other side of the map stumped most people. Now this new requirement to kill the targets in a specific way. And we can't fuck this up because who knows when Hokkaido will get another ET.

Finished the waiter one with SA. The congressman was tricky. I feel like I missed a trick on him. I had to lure him out into the garden which required subduing the two guys out there first.

I hope you keep making these, they are great!

Thanks! I'll keep making them as long as folks keep playing them. I've got a couple more I created on Xbox that I'll port over to PC when I'm back in town next week.

I have a suspicion that there's a way to poison the congressman since he orders a drink at the bar, but I haven't figured out how to actually do it yet; the bartender is always very much in the way. I got SA with the same method you described, which feels inelegant.

Foffy

Banned
One of the most interesting things about elusive targets is seeing how other people solved it in different ways. With this target every run will be essentially the same.

Yeah, I saw someone take out the Bangkok target with a cell phone through a window, and it's just..imaginative.

I'm sure someone will find a cool way to take out the targets here, for the conditions appear to depend on a new item in the level. Assuming the "viral infection" is not something I obtained when I played Hokkaido..

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, I saw someone take out the Bangkok target with a cell phone through a window, and it's just..imaginative.

I'm sure someone will find a cool way to take out the targets here, for the conditions appear to depend on a new item in the level. Assuming the "viral infection" is not something I obtained when I played Hokkaido..
Ahahah, yeah, that one I was amazing. I'm actually the one that discovered the flying phone trick (plus flying iconator and blownaparte), but CJ is the one with enough skill to constantly pull of amazing kills with it. ( https://youtu.be/t1_PtM8DCkc )

Trouble

Banned
Thanks! I'll keep making them as long as folks keep playing them. I've got a couple more I created on Xbox that I'll port over to PC when I'm back in town next week.

I have a suspicion that there's a way to poison the congressman since he orders a drink at the bar, but I haven't figured out how to actually do it yet; the bartender is always very much in the way. I got SA with the same method you described, which feels inelegant.

Yeah I tried to figure out a way to poison him for a while before giving up. I was able to use emetics on the other 3 in rapid succession. I was actually able to poison a cocktail glass one time after I bumped the bartender while he was preparing. He left a cocktail glass on the bar that I poisoned, but when the congressman came and got a drink, I guess it was a different glass. Something really wonky that that whole interaction.

I'm up to level 17 mastery for Hokkaido now, and planning to be level 20 by the time the Elusive starts.

Unfortunately, I've also come to the realisation that the disposable scrambler will probably be the most important item you can bring with you for this Elusive... but I'm only level 3 mastery on Colorado :(

I'm up to level 17 mastery for Hokkaido now, and planning to be level 20 by the time the Elusive starts.

Unfortunately, I've also come to the realisation that the disposable scrambler will probably be the most important item you can bring with you for this Elusive... but I'm only level 3 mastery on Colorado :(

Well, between disposable scramblers and unlocked loadout slots the latter is still much more important. If you could only have one.

Hint: there is one disposable scrambler actually in Hokkaido. It's hidden very well.

BigAT

Well, between disposable scramblers and unlocked loadout slots the latter is still much more important. If you could only have one.

Hint: there is one disposable scrambler actually in Hokkaido. It's hidden very well.

Where the heck is that? I feel like I've combed over that entire map and I don't recall seeing one.

Where the heck is that? I feel like I've combed over that entire map and I don't recall seeing one.

Remember all those locked cabinets in the level?

There are five cabinets, each containing at least one hard-to-find item. Bring a lockpick and unlock the one in the level 1 guard station.

BigAT

You guys think the Agent Smith card will be allowed in ET? That would probably make things too easy huh

You have to be the Director to get that in the first place, is it really that much more powerful that the Director disguise is in the first place?

MUnited83

For you.
You have to be the Director to get that in the first place, is it really that much more powerful that the Director disguise is in the first place?

Not at all, you can open Smith's "coffin" with a scrambler.

That said, i'm confident they will block the morgue starting location.

BigAT

Not at all, you can open Smith's "coffin" with a scrambler.

That said, i'm confident they will block the morgue starting location.

Ah, I had no idea you could do that.

I'm always amazed at how many little things I still don't know about the game despite having level 20 mastery on everything. It's a testament to the game in a lot of ways.

tchocky

Not sure if this interview has been posted before. OPM interviewed IO Creative director Christian Elverdam reflecting on Season 1 and what to expect in Season 2. Games Radar have now put the full interview online.

CE: I feel the intro was perfect. Sapienza stood on its own, and if we’d had a bigger starter package with more content in it we’d have the same problem as our other games, where people played them once and never touched them again. Watching how everybody was on the same page and finding everything together has been amazing. It’s exactly how I dreamed it would be. It fit the fantasy of being a hitman; every now and then getting a new assignment.

We do a lot of testing of our levels so we have a pretty good idea of roughly how levels will come out. We tried some things with Marrakesh where some areas were a bit closer to Absolution, and a bit more restrictive. But anything coming out after Sapienza was going to have a hard time! I’m a little sad because in terms of the feel of the level and the military coup I think Marrakesh is super-interesting.

It was good learning experience. People are obviously down in the studio if your level doesn’t get a perfect reception, but it’s par for the course. There’s no doubt in my mind it wasn’t as strong as Paris or Sapienza.

OPM: Will small levels the scale of A New Life ever return outside of the training zone?

CE: We don’t know yet. In my mind Hokkaido is pretty small. If you measure it in square metres it’s not that huge, but it just goes to show what you can do in the way you construct a level. Most people would be surprised to know that Paris is the largest when measured in pure square metres, even though Sapienza and Colorado feel huge. So there’s also a huge mind-trick going on when you think about what makes a big level. If it’s the intimacy of a house in the suburbs, it’s not about size but the complexity, with a lot of moving parts and lots to discover. That needs to be the key ingredient.

OPM: So what will we get in Season Two?

A lot of uncertainty and questions that we had before Season One we now don’t have for Season Two, which gives us some freedom.

Finished the elusive, not too difficult just get ready to be patient while waiting for the targets to be alone for the syringe injection. There is a starting location that makes it almost too easy, weird that they didn't block that one.

I've failed four...? Of the five? Elusive targets I've done so far. And I only beat the one I did because the target was in sniping view right outside the place I spawned in Sapienza. Go me. *flex*

I blame it on the all the elusive targets I've attempted being on levels I have no familiarity with. I'm just so slow with the game, I have 32 hour logged and I only just barely moved on from Paris to Sapienza.

KingKong

Pretty easy SA (it did take me forever to find them, I thought they'd be walking around together but they just did their own little loops). I like how the optional objective was worked into it though

Top Bottom