• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hm... there's this thin, vertical, black line on my right thumb fingernail. Any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Ookami-kun said:
Damn, I can't autofocus my fingernail >_<

35b9w0m.jpg

I had something like that once in college. Then a fungal infection started (or showed up), yellow/brownish. Eventually consumed my entire fingernail and peeled off, leaving a small new nail in my fingernail bed that over 1-2 months grew back into normal.

By the time I talked to my doctor about it, it already was growing back. She said that I could have even just dipped my finger into bleach to kill it earlier. That makes sense, but a little harsh.

Edit:
I just remembered some more details. It started with a black line that grew in the center of my nail. Either starting from the bottom or top, I don't remember. Was kind of irritating. That line grew for a month before the infection showed up. Not sure about the causality - if whatever that black line was caused by the infection or allowed it to infect.

ultim8p00

Banned
Could mean a lot of things from something simple like vitamin deficiencies to something fucked up like blood flow problems. Fingernails are actually used to predict overall health patterns so I suggest you get yourself checked out.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
My boss had something like this, some problems with is heart or something.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm... so I am limiting it to carpal or trauma... and possibly nail-biting. Because I love to bite my thumb. Don't ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom