• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[HOAX] Rockstar doing motion capture work for GTA 6 now [HOAX]

I would seriously HATE for GTA VI to be set in Vice City.

There's so many other places Rockstar could and should have a crack at before doing 80s Miami again.

This is a really big non issue. Sequel to one of the best selling games of all time is in development. This is non news, whether this was a hoax or not. Like maybe if he had said it was going to be set in vice city, then I could see the controversy.

This isn't even gonna be mentioned by R* until late 2018, at the earliest, let alone released. More than likely they have a second game releasing in-between RD2 and GTA6, like Bully 2 or the rumored sequel to LA Noire, headed by a different studio.

MattFiler

Neo Member
Someone it trolling badly. This was for an Indy game a long time ago

Pretty advanced indie game to be using motion capture like that, plus he only had 4 things on his resume under Motion Capture - two being Red Dead and GTA 6, the other two seemingly being animated films...

This would instantly kill all my interest in a GTA game.
That's such a bad idea lol. R* makes some of the best characters.

no!

no!

no, no, no!

I don't want this in my singleplayer:

Fuck. No.

The single player campaign is the only thing that has ever drawn me to the series, and I'll outright pass if they butcher the campaign to turn it into anything remotely resembling the atrocious cesspool that is GTA Online.

The player base that threw money at R* for that garbage mode of a game are complicit with Take Two for potentially ruining one of the most iconic series in gaming.
I know, that's why hope GTAVI will not be like that.

The Benz is a champion and had a big hand in a lot of my favourite games of all time... but that seems like a pretty out there concept that any team would struggle to deliver on, let alone a brand new one (even assuming that he could attract a lot of his old R*/industry colleagues to jump ship).

It's a shame Ubisoft couldn't have just shown this guy the money, because he's exactly the person they need to pull their huge dev team games together. I can appreciate that the Benz is probably done working for others though (and Ubisoft has a pretty shitty track record in terms of how they treat creatives too if you ask me).

Top Bottom