• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Breaks 1M Twitch CCU

"There's no such thing as bad publicity."
P.T. Barnum

Hats off to everyone involved in releasing this game and ignoring those who would try and silence it. Hope this will be happening more in the future.

R2SKf0M.png
Holy shit this image is dead on.

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
Last edited:
I don't think I remember a game having more than 1m views but I am getting old so my memory sucks and I honestly don't watch Twitch a lot. I mean I'll check it out now and then but still this is impressive.

What's crazy is the game isn't even officially out.
yup.

1.1m people were watching people play a game who voluntary paid more money so they could play it early.

i'm curious to see how high it goes when the officially releases.

this has to be one of the biggest, if not biggest, self owns of the Ree/Twitter woke mob.

Hows that boycott working out for ya?

Don't fuck with HP or JK Rowling. That shit is huge and prints money.

Last edited:
I know its a low chance, but maybe just maybe this game brings the downfall and collapse of everything woke. Like people are suddenly tired of these annoying degenerates telling them what to do and how to think. Full on copium but you never know, maybe this is how it starts.

I kinda agree. This instance at least might send a message to the entertainment industry and hopefully companies will pander less and stop bending the knee to the mob.

Overall I do hope we are reaching peak woke and ordinary ppl are starting to wake the fuck up, just look at the current wokery in Scotland.
And now the church of England seem to want make God non binary.... it is fucked up and I'm not even religious.

Cyberpunkd

I know its a low chance, but maybe just maybe this game brings the downfall and collapse of everything woke. Like people are suddenly tired of these annoying degenerates telling them what to do and how to think. Full on copium but you never know, maybe this is how it starts.
It's an example of how minority Twitter warriors are - just ignore them and nothing happens.

mnkl13

Look here https://www.neogaf.com/threads/give...-contest-some-gold-too.1649889/post-267502509

Since they failed miserably boycott as expected, they go back to root: witchhunt and harassment 😹

RJCLyI3.png

Those "people" are truly sick in the head, that's real mental disorder.

***EDIT*** Oops, already disabled, too bad 😹

xQtwkEW.jpg

Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN

imagine a developed human using that tool to decide which person to follow or not. i just hope no one used it. that would be such a shame for our specie
this people are offensive. they are literally putting j. k. rowling who's sin was to very reasonable tweet, on the same category as hittler. this people are senseless

Last edited:

NickFire

It's an example of how minority Twitter warriors are - just ignore them and nothing happens.
I disagree. I think it's well past time for normal people to push back, full stop, and actively tell them "we don't care."

Reasonable minds can disagree. But those of us who saw where everything was going were told to stop believing our lying eyes, all while corporations (politicians, teachers' unions, etc., etc.) catered to their every whims. Time for society to take a REAL STAND against all forms of cyber bullying IMO.

dottme

Do you expect the 1 million again today? It looks to slowly grow and it is still the number 1 streaming category.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
I kinda agree. This instance at least might send a message to the entertainment industry and hopefully companies will pander less and stop bending the knee to the mob.

Overall I do hope we are reaching peak woke and ordinary ppl are starting to wake the fuck up, just look at the current wokery in Scotland.
And now the church of England seem to want make God non binary.... it is fucked up and I'm not even religious.

A relevant clip from one of my favorite standup specials, ironically enough written and performed by a trans person.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

buying the Hogwarts Legacy game somehow turned into the ultimate political statement, the eternal struggle between good and evil

at least on the Internet

Last edited:

sachos

Ofcourse its doing big numbers, all this noise is just for the online culture warriors (from both sides). I bet 99% of people don't even know about the controversy and just want to play the HP game they always dreamed about.

Last edited:

Unrivaled18

Neo Member
My 1 week ban on the other site got changed to permanent.

All I said was that my cousin is transgender and is buying the game. And that it is hypocritical to support and turn a blind eye to other companies like Apple.

That earns you a permanent ban for "concern trolling".

Last edited:

All I said was that my cousin is transgender and is buying the game. And that it is hypocritical to support and turn a blind eye to other companies like Apple.

You have to be weird not to get a ban over there, so you should be relieved.

Kataploom

Gold Member

As someone here said, why do they stop there? Why do they still buy consoles made by slave labor?

Also, someone on YouTube commented they were OBSESSED with boycotting before, to the point it was hurting their life too much, that it's a vicious cycle to some people similar to some drug... It reeeeally made think of this from a different perspective...

You have to be weird not to get a ban over there, so you should be relieved.
Why would anyone want to be part of a community where they are constantly on thin ice everytime they post something? How is that enjoyable?

Bans should be limited to truly problematic people, not for people who give out reasonable takes on a topic.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

They are hypocrites who while claiming loudly and often they are "the good guys" "on the right side of history" won't hesitate to lie about people, wish ill to people and dance on people's graves but whenever is convenient do a 180 and mournful grieve those who they were wishing a prompt death. It's the extreme form of slacktivism, 100% performative, 100% about the signaling but they won't move a hair to actually change something for the better. After Etika tragically committed suicide I grew tired and decided to tell them myself what I thought and of course they permabanned me. Goddamn cowards couldn't even actually say that but instead left it at "is being decided" or some other equivalent wording.

You're better off here... you'll find people who most likely will disagree with you, but they'll be honest about things.

Laieon

There's a picture I keep seeing reposted and shared on FB and Twitter about how people really like how the black characters look and are represented in the game, it's convinced at least a few people who didn't have any interest in HP to pick it up. The irony that the other place is against this is hilarious.

I thought this was especially wholesome:

lftAgny.png

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
There's a picture I keep seeing reposted and shared on FB and Twitter about how people really like how the black characters look and are represented in the game, it's convinced at least a few people who didn't have any interest in HP to pick it up. The irony that the other place is against this is hilarious.

lftAgny.png
Because they're lower on the oppression pyramid ... for... reasons.

Fox Mulder

Woke mobs don’t represent the real world??

Curb Your Enthusiasm Omg GIF

These same people boycotted cyberpunk and it sold great at launch and was just unfortunately broken and unfinished. This is a dream Harry Potter game for millions of people and it’s reviewing great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom