• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition PC specifications revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member
53560684229_7a870f1ac1_k.jpg
To ensure the game runs on a wide variety of PC hardware, including portable gaming devices, we’ve included graphics presets ranging from very low to very high. This allows gamers with the latest hardware to push their systems, while also providing a great experience on less powerful PCs. Below you’ll find an overview of the specifications we recommend for a variety of presets available in the game.​

GH6KBhdXoAAVhFa

Last edited:

ssringo

Cool? Not seeing anything about the Deck though which if you're trying to get low spec systems that should be part of it for sure.

Also a little unfortunate releasing it alongside Dragon's Dogma 2.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
They seem reasonable. Especially considering how good the game looks.
Doesn’t the PS5 do 1440/60 and I assume High? If yes, then a 3070 and especially a 6800 seem like a lot to ask.

If I’m not mistaken, those are the same requirements for TLOU2. Decima does alright on PC though, so we’ll see what the real results are.

Skifi28

Doesn’t the PS5 do 1440/60 and I assume High? If yes, then a 3070 and especially a 6800 seem like a lot to ask.
I believe it uses some form of reconstruction to get to 1800p or something. It looks good, but the pixel count is probably way below native 1440.

winjer

Gold Member

If I’m not mistaken, those are the same requirements for TLOU2. Decima does alright on PC though, so we’ll see what the real results are.

Without knowing what settings correspond to the PS5, it's impossible to know that.

Gaiff

PS5 in performance mode is 1800p/60 checkerboarded (and yes, in the initial release that looked really rough in motion, thankfully Guerrilla fixed it), so the internal rendering resolution would be 1600x1800.
So 1440p’s pixel count is 28% higher but we also have to factor upscaling. In that case, those requirements seem reasonable assuming of course that the PS5 runs at comparable settings.

Played the main game when it released on the PS5, have not yet played the DLC, I'm thinking about getting this on PC to eventually to play the DLC.

Gaiff

We are talking about an engine highly optimized for PlayStation consoles. On PC you will need a much more powerful computer and much more memory to match the performance. The only one who is dishonest here is you.
Maybe read the thread before answering?

DaGwaphics

I like the very low preset being included. Nice to see the handhelds and APUs provided with something that might work out of the box. Though it is a PS4 game so maybe not surprising.

john2gr

It's pretty ironic that some STILL believe that PS5 runs on Very High settings (when in fact it could be somewhere between Medium-High). These PC specs seem reasonable.

Gaiff

Would also like to know if the Low preset takes you down to PS4 level or is the PS4 version just a completely different version with settings impossible to scale down from the PS5 version?

Topher

Gold Member
We are talking about an engine highly optimized for PlayStation consoles. On PC you will need a much more powerful computer and much more memory to match the performance. The only one who is dishonest here is you.

According to DF, the PS5 version runs 1800p DRS using checkerboard and PC settings equivalent to "low" to get to 60 fps. Considering everything in the chart above is native, I'd say you are looking at a RTX 3070 to "beat" the PS5 specs. Think we can dispense with the bullshit take that you need a 4080 to do that.

Last edited:

Gaiff

According to DF, the PS5 version runs 1800p DRS using checkerboard and PC settings equivalent to "low" to get to 60 fps. Considering everything in the chart above is native, I'd say you are looking at a RTX 3070 to "beat" the PS5 specs. Think we can dispense with the bullshit take that you need a 4080 to do that.
Huh? Where did you get that information? There was no PC version at the time and they still probably didn't get their hands on it so how would they know the settings are equivalent to Low?

TrebleShot

Stop being dishonest. You don’t need that to beat PS5. Why are you always such a cunt in PC threads?

lol.....I own a 4080 and I guarantee you that I bought it to do a hell of a lot more than "beat PS5 specs".

Kill Me Smh GIF

No one likes your shitty baits. Get out.
Lads, please.

These GPUs are insanely expensive.

According to this spec sheet, 4k/60 needs a 4080, I believe the PS5 is running this at 1800p 60fps.

Im not salty, im running a 4090 but I dont think its impressive for people who are running lower end machines especially ones that are pound for pound more powerful than a PS5 but to beat it you have go at the high end.

Personally I think thats piss poor optimisation.

Sorry it upset you, i promise it wasnt my intention.

Spyxos

Death Stranding runs on the same engine and it runs great even on older Pcs.

Topher

Gold Member
Huh? Where did you get that information? There was no PC version at the time and they still probably didn't get their hands on it so how would they know the settings are equivalent to Low?

From their tech review of the game. Rereading it though, I'm not certain what they are calling low settings. Maybe they mean the PS4 Pro version.

"Virtually every system is touched: textures are half or even quarter-resolution, screen-space reflections are simpler and reflect less world detail. Volumetrics and particles are also of a lower resolution. PS5 gets bokeh depth of field while PS4 makes do with a guassian effect. Density of light probes is also reduced on PS4, resulting in lower fidelity lighting, while extra light rigs are deployed on PS5 (especially evident on character lighting in cutscenes). Water effects are also pared back, especially when Aloy dives beneath, where screen-space reflections are gone, along with a good chunk of the underwater plant life. Up in the skies, Guerrilla's beautiful but every expensive cloud-rendering system also sees a layer removed, with lower resolution formations.

On paper, this sounds like outright butchery but in actual gameplay, what we're actually seeing is a carefully curated equivalent to 'PC low settings' up against an all-out ultra-class experience on PlayStation 5. It's important to point out that while comparisons to PS5 show the shortcomings, head-to-heads vs the first Horizon Zero Dawn show profound improvement across a number of systems, the most striking being water rendering (a huge, huge improvement!), character rendering and crucially, animation. As a sequel then, the improvements are palpable for users of PS4 and Pro - it's just that PS5 delivers that generational leap on top. It's the complete package."

Senua

It isn't. It's checkerboarded so a base resolution of 1600x1800. With upscaling, it'd be comparable to 1440p in terms of performance requirements. That's 3070-tier. Nowhere near a 4080.
This keeps happening, yesterday someone was saying Ghosts of Tsushima was native 4k on PS5 when it's in fact checkerboard, they were using that misinformation to say the PC won't be any real upgrade. It's hard to know who is honestly mistaken and who is purposely spreading FUD.

And another thread went to shit for no reason.
These threads ALWAYS bring in the insecure console gamers, without fail.

It's usually only when the OT is created they get bored and move on to the next PC port thread to troll.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

It isn't. It's checkerboarded so a base resolution of 1600x1800. With upscaling, it'd be comparable to 1440p in terms of performance requirements. That's 3070-tier. Nowhere near a 4080.
I see I see, how much is one of those then?

Top Bottom