• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Preview Thread [Up: All Previews Live]

hudrbo63.jpg

Nice. :)

So good. Extremely appreciated, I wish more devs would include this many options.

The higher difficulties decrease the number of supplies gained when foraging, also the enemies deliver higher damage as well. Dev hinted that other elements of the game change too but he wasn't willing to go in depth.

The machines seem quite dangerous, and seem to make moving through the world pretty interesting. I guess that's the WRPG roots, but I like how you have to be careful about when and which machines you engage. Dont usually have to be that cautious in open world games

Planet

I just saw there was a glitch where Aloy tried to go into swimming motions in shallow water, looked awkward. Prepare for the hordes to exploit this into a shitstorm - GIFs incoming. Subsequently the player jumped when entering water, he noticed that, too, of course. And I bet this just went right up on top of the day one patch priority list. XD

The machine sound design is really good

Climbing doesnt seem auto-run/platform. Looks like you have to press the jump button

That's why I moved from "Autoplatforming" to "magnet hands" as a more appropriate terminology. It's uncharted's climbing basically, so it's there to give some illusion of interesting traversal.

Machine design looks fantastic though (Some hitboxes look weird though). I also think people aren't giving more credit to how the environment is for these encounters. The first Thunderjaw encounter for example seems to actually feature a neat crevice around the area for the player to employ hit and run tactics. Eventually the beast will be directly on top of you and I can't help but say that's some fantastic encounter design.

Couldn't resist a little peek but yeah I'm liking this, it has a atmosphere/style like Enslaved Oddyesy to the West, a game I love so I'm day one for this.

I can't watch all streams and all the way through like some of you guys tho, kinda ruins it imo

would love to see that Horizon Score higher on meta critic just to see people reaction lol

Yeah it would be pretty funny to see.

Killzone 2 has a 91 meta and it hasn't deterred people from saying GG has never made a good/great game.

*Horizon exceeds expectations with its meta*
"Meh, people are just in the honeymoon phase. They'll realize it isn't all that good afterward."

*Horizon doesn't meet expectations with its meta*
"SEE!!!"

They probably won't be quite as vocal if it does well critically but that minority will still be present for sure.

Yeah it's probably better not to listen to these people too much, as their agenda is pretty obvious.

I never did get the Killzone hate tbh. KZ 2 & 3 reviewed really well, Liberation and Mercenary were great games too, only the first game was a bit average due to the tech limits of the PS2 and even Shadow Fall was a solid game, despite the story being a little disappointing.

At least we know GG can make great games, even if a few people can't accept it.

Top Bottom