• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Preview Thread [Up: All Previews Live]

Spoiler thread time? I can't play til tonight

DFetTOV.jpg
Is that a 20% off coupon for PS Store?

Lol the op "sorry for you weird overseas folks you'll have to do your own time conversion" lol thx buddy
lol

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Sony fucked up.

Two fucking weeks before release...damn
If it's a good game, word of mouth will be good and thereby further help the game. People are skeptical about Guerrilla, although they've proven themselves to be quality developers on multiple occasions. This can only help the game.

I would guess by sending the game to stores 2 weeks in advance.
But its just a guess.

When I worked in such a store 8 years ago we received highly popular games 2/3 weeks before release. It would also have a message saying that this game has a street date, and breaking this date will cost the company up to an amount of 200.000 euro's.

It is not Sony's problem. They have to stock every single store within' a certain timeframe. It is the fault of the stores not holding their release date.

Dovahking

If it's a good game, word of mouth will be good and thereby further help the game. People are skeptical about Guerrilla, although they've proven themselves to be quality developers on multiple occasions. This can only help the game.
How did Sony fuck up?

Umm what?

This was going to happen no matter what, not sure what Sony has to do with this.

I just wish they could have prevented this, by not sending the game so early. Hope this doesn't hurt the game.

Sony fucked up.

Two fucking weeks before release...damn

Umm what?

This was going to happen no matter what, not sure what Sony has to do with this.

How did Sony fuck up?

lol..... yeah right. They totally "fucked up". lmao..... People these days.

No guys, dovahking is right! Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about spoiler culture (I'm an expert), but broken street dates are huge parts of it. It's not like it is at Square Enix where you can become successful by just breaking a street date. If you break street date over at Sony, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the gaming public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Horizon Zero Dawn at all, nor will they purchase any of Sony's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel Horizon Zero Dawn altogether or you can kiss your business goodbye.

No guys, dovahking is right! Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about spoiler culture (I'm an expert), but broken street dates are huge parts of it. It's not like it is at Square Enix where you can become successful by just breaking a street date. If you break street date over at Sony, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the gaming public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Horizon Zero Dawn at all, nor will they purchase any of Sony's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel Horizon Zero Dawn altogether or you can kiss your business goodbye.

XS5LK.gif

So every game arrives to stores 2 weeks in advance?
because usually it happens few days before release, not 2 weeks.
When I worked in such a store 8 years ago we received highly popular games 2/3 weeks before release. It would also have a message saying that this game has a street date, and breaking this date will cost the company up to an amount of 200.000 euro's.

It is not Sony's problem. They have to stock every single store within' a certain timeframe. It is the fault of the stores not holding their release date.

Horizon is a big game for Sony. Stock quantity and allocation are important and it isn't something that should be handled a few days before release. That is asking for issues. Heck, UC4 got delayed when it was practically finished because of stock related reasons.

So every game arrives to stores 2 weeks in advance?
because usually it happens few days before release, not 2 weeks.

Depends on the game. And on the market. With bigger games that are mostly aiming for WW launch (or close to it), you need to start the shipments early.

Elandyll

Banned
Well we don't even know where Musician got his copy... Could be a distribution center?

But yeah, if this is already being received in stores with a "hold until 2/28th" sticker...

giphy.gif

Spoiler city inc.

Tyaren

The Spoiler Thread seems to be going strong already (not daring to set one foot in there), so what about some general non-spoilery impressions in here? :/

There's also a nice waterfall in said title screen. : D

But for real, he's just messing with the options right now. There's a "very hard mode" you can select.
I was just messing around. I wanted to say "yikes". That is my favorite one when people start making it seem like things are so bad lol.

Top Bottom