• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Preview Thread [Up: All Previews Live]

arcticice

Cant decide between Mass effect or this. I really just want to know that it doesnt fall into the usual trap of ubisoft repetitive with the "towers" and unlocking parts of the map.

Almost every open world game has Towers aka side activities that are just there for the sake of increasing play time. Horizon may also have something like that, but they don't suddenly make the game bad.

If you have to choose between the two, then i'd suggest waiting until both of them are out, so you can have better idea of what you are paying for.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
You should get Mass Effect dude, I've heard that Horizon has fallen into the trap of being rendered in pixels on a screen. Derivative trash confirmed.

The character moves when you push on the stick. Literally the same basic control scheme we've had since the late 90s. Where's the innovation? I hear the main menu has music playing over it. Wow, how unimaginative.

The character moves when you push on the stick. Literally the same basic control scheme we've had since the late 90s. Where's the innovation? I hear the main menu has music playing over it. Wow, how unimaginative.

Absolute garbage, will score in the low 70s for sure.

Brb pre-ordering Zelda BotW and playing it through the Switch's neural implant while you plebs play this Assassins Creed clone.

Aces&Eights

P8L2gmk.jpg

Tyaren

Ah, good, I have been asking for a thread like this.
I already was too reckless yesterday and I think I got majorly spoilered in the Spoiler Thread. :(
There was this one lonely spoiler tagged line that I thought was probably nothing all too important since just person seemed to have started the game in there. Shouldn't have looked at it in hindisight...

LotusHD

Banned
Ah, good, I have been asking for a thread like this.
I already was too reckless yesterday and I think I got majorly spoilered in the Spoiler Thread. :(
There was this one lonely spoiler tagged line that I thought was probably nothing all too important since just person seemed to have started the game in there. Shouldn't have looked at it in hindisight...

Which line are you referring to? If it's what I think it is, I think they were joking lol

Newk86

Is it confirmed how many difficulty modes are available at start? Hardcore mode? Hoping for something like what was eventually patched into Far Cry: Primal.

LotusHD

Banned
It was a single line by GifGafisthebestGaf on the now second last page. D:

Yea, I thought as such. I doubt it's a real spoiler since it's weird to put something in spoilers in the spoiler thread, no one else reacted to it, and most importantly, (just in case lmao)
it seems to be a Killzone character upon a quick Google search, so yea...

Tyaren

Yea, I thought as such. I doubt it's a real spoiler since it's weird to put something in spoilers in the spoiler thread, no one else reacted to it, and most importantly, (just in case lmao)
it seems to be a Killzone character upon a quick Google search, so yea...

I see. The joke flew over my head then. I also don't know the game series or character it was referring to.
Alright, crisis averted! I'm never going back in that thread! XD

game is amazing looking. That much is established. Saw multiple trailers with things that I wouldn't say are too spoilerific but the one thing that I thought was cool was

How you got to play as child aloy at the start
semi big spoiler

Just cool!

Game is looking unreal. Photomode was the bomb. I spent a bit of time just playing with photomode. Game is going to do gangbusters. There's apparently a day 1 patch for PS4pro that improves visual fidelity too.

vivekTO

Wasn't it only one person that got the game early that was willing to share details?

But he Said he will be back!! he only Played about 30 mins or so, such a tease.

game is amazing looking. That much is established. Saw multiple trailers with things that I wouldn't say are too spoilerific but the one thing that I thought was cool was

How you got to play as child aloy at the start
semi big spoiler

Just cool!

Game is looking unreal. Photomode was the bomb. I spent a bit of time just playing with photomode. Game is going to do gangbusters. There's apparently a day 1 patch for PS4pro that improves visual fidelity too.

You also have the game , can you share some screens as well , Thanks for the Impression though.

Either it is too amazing and they died from an overdose of awesome

Or it is fucking great and they can't tear themselves away to post about it

Or game sucks ass and they are figuring how to break it to us

No matter, I can be patient, thanks for this important thread :D

Either it is too amazing and they died from an overdose of awesome

Or it is fucking great and they can't tear themselves away to post about it

Or game sucks ass and they are figuring how to break it to us

No matter, I can be patient, thanks for this important thread :D

I hope he just plays for a few hours and doesn't ruin his experience too much by constantly relaying impressions mid-game.

AudioEppa

This game is one of my most internal struggles on whether I would like it or not. A part of me, well majority says no. But I keep having a glimmer of hope. So I'm going to say this straight up. I'm all about story with cool action sequences in between. I don't care about exploring the world, crafting or whatever else.

Will this game allow me to enjoy it in that way. Or will it push stuff on me I don't want to do. Thank you if you're able to answer.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Horizon, Zelda and the Switch will all be arriving on the same glorious day for me. I think I'll leave Horizon until after Zelda, as I honestly don't think BotW is gonna hold up if I play it directly after Horizon.

bwakh

I am going all in and believe this will GOTY! Hype thrusters on maximum, interstellar style, going into the gargantua.

Top Bottom