• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hostess to launch Chocodiles (chocolate-covered Twinkies) nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Chocolate-Covered Twinkies Make Nationwide Comeback

There are few things in the world that can’t be improved by coating them in chocolate. Twinkies are no different. Now, Hostess brands is bringing back an old favorite that is really nothing more than creme-filled soft yellow sponge cakes encased in chocolate, but is probably amazing nonetheless. Say hello (again) to the Chocodile.

Previously only available on the West Coast since the late 1990s, these miniature Boston Creams are now being released nationwide in original, chocolate creme, strawberry creme, and banana creme flavors. Unfortunately, they’ll only come in “fun size” wrappers, we figure that’s just another excuse to buy an extra box.

nYJ4hrt.jpg

I didn't realize Chocodiles weren't nationwide.

They've been available here pretty much forever, so this is news to me as well.

Frozen they're pretty tasty, but I'm not a huge fan of them at room-temperature. Swiss Rolls are the better chocolatey treat for this type of thing, and Zingers are the better non-chocolate alternative.

Although, chocolate Zingers are pretty tasty, too.

aparisi2274

I've had these back in the day, before Hostess went out of business, and they were ok... but since I do not like Chocolate, I will just stick with a twinkie.

Looking at that photo I get the feeling it would be better to just try dipping a Twinkie in chocolate, the chocolate looks terrible.

smurfx

get some go again
Holy shit why have I never seen these before

I want them
they are really good. best way to eat them is out of a freezer. you can get them at any hispanic supermarket and they are pretty cheap as well. think they usually cost 3 dollars for box of 8.

Not

Banned
How did Hostess come back?

I've had maybe like, a twinkie and a half my entire life. Shit be nasty

Adding chocolate won't remove the lard

Gansitos are awesome

Gansito.png

The one time I tried one of these (or some other Mexican variant of it) it was just terrible. The cake wasn't sweet enough, and it was too dry. The fruity filling was also disappointing. Chocolate coating was assy too. I was really disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom