• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotline Miami on PS4 |OT|

So what

Edit: damn it. Hit submit. Wasn't ready.

What do the newcomers think of it? Do you love it? Hate it?

I'm playing it for the second time around (first time was on my Vita) and I'm loving it. The music man. The music!

def sim

"so what" lol

I've been playing it on my secondary ID and, sure enough, it's still fun. I liked it on m/kb and vita better, though. It felt more comfortable there, for sure.

I played my second plathrough of the game. Already own the game and the soundtrack when it came out on Steam.

I started it and beat it today. Not a long game, but god is it satisfying and fun to play.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Btw are the trophies shared across all devices? I would check but i don't have a fucking PS4 yet. Also this game is fucking amazing, the controls are weird as fuck but i loved the game anyway.

I'm gutter trash playing this on a controller. KB/M is a billion times easier. The prologue took me like 15 minutes.

I did just fine on controller, only things I don't do with the triggers is picking up/dropping (do that with circle) and locking unto enemies (do that with R3 tap). Everything else is fine.

frankthetoad

Neo Member
I never played the PC version, but Vita is far easier than the console versions.

M|O|O|N is awesome, but don't ever read his posts on his message board. With age comes great wisdom.

Still, I'm enjoying my PS4 playthrough. Only a few more floors to A+.

MattDoza

This, Steamworld Dig oe Child of Light?

Or dont starve reign of giants dlc+Res0fun dlc

Gut answer is Hotline Miami. But heavily biased. Resogun is the only other game of those that I've played and I would recommend HM over it.

It's also much cheaper than all of those at $8 with PS+.

One of the best vidya game soundtracks in the history of vidya game soundtracks.

Can't believe they are making a sequel though. The first game had such a minimalist, meta narrative style that seems like it would be less compelling the second time around. Hopefully they can surprise me.

Oscar

Got it for free with PS+ Vita cross buy.

Really enjoyed
Biker. Such a fun character to play, loved his portion of the game.

Will go back to A+ every map and get the rest of the trophies in a bit.

Newcomer here. Not thrilled with the control scheme, but I've adapted. I love it. Love the soundtrack even more. Great game, definitely get super meat boy vibes from the quick restart after death and the rewarding feeling of beating the levels.

Mobius 1

Newcomer here. Not thrilled with the control scheme, but I've adapted. I love it. Love the soundtrack even more. Great game, definitely get super meat boy vibes from the quick restart after death and the rewarding feeling of bashing someone's head off with a pipe.

I've... fixed that for you.

Vidpixel

Newcomer here. Not thrilled with the control scheme, but I've adapted. I love it. Love the soundtrack even more. Great game, definitely get super meat boy vibes from the quick restart after death and the rewarding feeling of beating the levels.

Yeah, the button assignments are a little weird, but you get used to it after a bit.

I'm gutter trash playing this on a controller. KB/M is a billion times easier. The prologue took me like 15 minutes.

Never played the PC version (or Vita, for that matter) but I'd think a mouse would be too squirrelly for me. Had zero issues with the controls on the PS3 version and ran some good times on a number of levels compared to some of my friends playing it on other platforms.

Trying to obtain the "A+ on all levels" trophy as we speak. It's..... not easy lol.

Does Carl's drill still give crazy points (like, 10k) for a melee kill? I remembered for most levels I just would use Carl and get an A+ on my first or second run (after completing the game once to know the layout).

Vidpixel

Does Carl's drill still give crazy points (like, 10k) for a melee kill? I remembered for most levels I just would use Carl and get an A+ on my first or second run (after completing the game once to know the layout).

Yeah, that's the one I've been pretty much sticking to. I also occasionally use the Frog one for the combo extension.

Marceles

I played it for the first time a couple days ago even though I had the game for awhile. I didn't think I would like it, but I was very wrong. I might start playing it on the Vita more than consoles, but I love rushing down with the Tony mask and killing everything quickly

I played it for the first time a couple days ago even though I had the game for awhile. I didn't think I would like it, but I was very wrong. I might start playing it on the Vita more than consoles, but I love rushing down with the Tony mask and killing everything quickly
Rush is my style right now. Is there any other way to play? Lol.

Rush is my style right now. Is there any other way to play? Lol.

image.php

You favor Tony? You don't say.... :)

MMaRsu

Banned
Gut answer is Hotline Miami. But heavily biased. Resogun is the only other game of those that I've played and I would recommend HM over it.

It's also much cheaper than all of those at $8 with PS+.

But ive already played HHtline Miami twice..

So what

Edit: damn it. Hit submit. Wasn't ready.

What do the newcomers think of it? Do you love it? Hate it?

I'm playing it for the second time around (first time was on my Vita) and I'm loving it. The music man. The music!

Lol funny OP.

Not played it yet is there enough content/depth in the game or not?

Lol funny OP.

Not played it yet is there enough content/depth in the game or not?

Soundtrack alone is worth the price of admission, imo. It's got a loose, weird story that I like, there's a secret ending, the different abilities the masks grant you offers up a number of different ways to play the game, and I think the game really kicks off when you start going for A+ rankings on all the levels.

Fuck. Yes. Is there an online outlet where I can buy the entire soundtrack for the game?

Digital download via Steam here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/219152/

So I played this game about one year ago on my PC but because I am (Insert something here) I did not finish it. The one thing I want to say about this game is kind of weird. I love killing people in this game and seeing their dead bodies on the floor and walls. Killing people in a video game has not felt this good in a long time. I think the reason It feels so good is because this game portrays death so well. One shot = dead, one cut = fatal, doors knock people down. The best part is that the player is treated the same way. The player can die just as easy as the enemy. It makes for some fast-past life or death action. And my god to I love stabbing people.

Picobrain

Banned
I think I am in the minority who hates this game.
Like I said in the previous thread, core gameplay is fun but it's ruined but shitty controls and irritating music. I can not stand this electronic house music.

I think I am in the minority who hates this game.
Like I said in the previous thread, core gameplay is fun but it's ruined but shitty controls and irritating music. I can not stand this electronic house music.

1. Music is subjective.
2. You're clearly in the minority because the OST tends to be highly praised if not ranked as one of the best of recent years.
XYAxQpU.gif

Top Bottom