• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House GOP may pass Senate's "skinny repeal" outright. CALL YOUR SENATORS.

Remember these are the people who are suppose to protect you and provide support for you.

I think people are really coming to grips with how much parts of the government do not give a shit about you, alot of politics is charades.

Yup, people always laugh and say stop being ridiculous when we bring up the fact that outside of a revolution things aren't going to change, this government doesn't work for the people anymore it's just incredibly obvious now.

Aselith

Pence just left the chamber.

McCain and Pence showdown on the Senate floor

MOt7w08.gif

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It has pissed me off to watch people relentlessly shit on McCain for the last week when the chips had yet to fall. Please back me up on this, John. You have such an amazing opportunity.

I'm willing to be wrong on him if it means the death of republicare.

btrboyev

If McCain is a no then sweet Christ on a stick please let the Alaskan senator have the dignity to stay no.

Please one time I'm hoping there is a republican that can't be bought.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Claire McCaskill‏Verified account @clairecmc

There is now a glimmer of hope that we stop this and hopefully start over in a bipartisan way to stabilize ins markets and bring down costs.
1:07 AM - 28 Jul 2017

Meatfist

McCain will probably be dead before the end of the year, it's the perfect time for him to grow a spine and have some compassion and integrity.

What a mess

Mark L

If I were McCain I'd just look Pence in the eye and ask if he remembered what Trump said about his time in a Vietnamese prison.

Zubz

Banned
On top of the literal millions of lives saved, Pence having to come out this late at night only to be shooed away is hilarious to me on a petty level.

Shauni

If McCain is a no then sweet Christ on a stick please let the Alaskan senator have the dignity to stay no.

Please one time I'm hoping there is a republican that can't be bought.

She definitely can't be. The party basically abandoned her and she ran on a write-in campaign and won. That's probably their angle, though, because they know if Collins votes yes, her seat is toast.

Zyae

Steven Dennis‏Verified account
@StevenTDennis
Follow
More
MCCAIN holding court with Democrats, who have BIG SMILES and are sharing laughs.

Joeku

If this goes the way it's looking now, Trump's tweets are going to be entertaining in the morning.

Please, McCain, save what legacy you have left.

TyrantII

Yup, people always laugh and say stop being ridiculous when we bring up the fact that outside of a revolution things aren't going to change, this government doesn't work for the people anymore it's just incredibly obvious now.

For the people. L o l.

The people don't even vote or get involved. How are you going to have a revolution when 48% look to DC with a collective "meh".

Nope. They'll need to lose everything first. And there's no guarantee what comes next will be a FDR. A Hitler is more likely if we look at history.

Chococat

Part of me thought Pence left to go grab Trump.

Not sure that is allow, nor do I want it to happen. But it was an amusing thought.

Top Bottom