• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House GOP may pass Senate's "skinny repeal" outright. CALL YOUR SENATORS.

Man imagine if a Martian teleported into the Senate and told everyone that that they had to vote right away or else he'd destroy a somewhat minor city like Toledo or Topeka every 10 minutes. I wonder how long it would take for McConnell to call for the vote under that ridiculous circumstance?
Youre asking how the GOP would handle an illegal alien?

Tahnit

Banned
I think Mccain is pissed on how Trump has been treating him and how the GOP are not running leadership like they should be and resulting to shady methods to get their tax cut. He realizes he doesnt have much time left and money isnt really important anymore. He wants Dem's and R's to work together and craft something that will do good by the american people. It will be his legacy to get Republicans and Democrats to work together for once.

KHarvey16

Murkoski doesn't care, I think. She went against the party and ran a successful write-in campaign on her own with little outside support. If she does this now, she does it for the party.

Nah I mean important in the sense she's pissed they tried it and is going to hurt them.

Matt Fuller‏Verified account
@MEPFuller
Follow
More
Source tells me the White House called for Pence. They couldn't get Pence off the floor. The White House hung up.

Xe4

Banned
It's important to note that Murkowski won in a write in, that's how popular she is in Alaska. The GOP can't twist her arm with funding.

McCain is sick and also just won reelection. He's probably never running again.

Collins is in Maine and would be crucified if she voted yes.

There's solid reasons why these three are the possible "no's" right now, not just because they want to do the right thing, although that may be part of it for some of the three.

Ehhhh, he voted to let this thing get this far.

Let's be real, most of the populus don't care about voting records of politicians. It's painfully obvious at this point. As long as their (in this case McCain's) most recent vote is some semblance of positivity, folks will forget/ignore past voting record and prop him up as a great guy who does the "right thing." All you need to be seen as a good politician in the US is vote the correct way on those one or two super important bills and folks will ignore all the bullshit you've done.

Like look how many people talkin about his "legacy" as if his voting record paints him as some paragon of justice or something.

It's important to note that Murkowski won in a write in, that's how popular she is in Alaska. The GOP can't twist her arm with funding.

McCain is sick and also just won reelection. He's probably never running again.

Collins is in Maine and would be crucified if she voted yes.

There's solid reasons why these three are the possible "no's" right now.

What about Heller? Is he a little bitch after all?

Zyae

This is like poetry, the President personally attacks Murkowski on twitter this morning and she winds up being the deciding vote.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Screw you, CNN. Coming back from break with the BREAKING NEWS graphic and sound cue. Made my heart stop for a second.

Shauni

Nah I mean important in the sense she's pissed they tried it and is going to hurt them.

Ah, yeah, you're right

Matt Fuller‏Verified account
@MEPFuller
Follow
More
Source tells me the White House called for Pence. They couldn't get Pence off the floor. The White House hung up.

Oh shit, if this is true, then it's not just theater, there really is a hitch if the WH is trying to figure out what's happening.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I think Mccain is pissed on how Trump has been treating him and how the GOP are not running leadership like they should be and resulting to shady methods to get their tax cut. He realizes he doesnt have much time left and money isnt really important anymore. He wants Dem's and R's to work together and craft something that will do good by the american people. It will be his legacy to get Republicans and Democrats to work together for once.

He could have voted against the motion to proceed and avoided this. Hell, he could have gotten his buddy graham to follow suit. Or just stayed in the hospital bed. All the other measures up for vote didn't need him.

But he probably relished the spotlight for his return.

xfactor99

What about Heller? Is he a little bitch after all?

I think Collins, Murkowski, and McCain are all institutions in their states. They've been there so long and have so much built up popularity that they're not scared of the loony right.

Heller on the other hand is shitting his pants trying to win re-election, and Adelson is threatening him if he doesnt vote yes.

Top Bottom