• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House Investigation: Manafort will interview, Second briefing with NSA/FBI heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
Nunes held yet another press conference today (Nunes is that Investigation chair who got allegedly significant information and then instead of bringing it to the investigation committee, he brought it TO the man that the committee hearings found out IS BEING INVESTIGATED).

He stated two notable things: Manafort will interview voluntarily, and the FBI/NSA heads will be called to come for a second briefing behind closed doors that he says must happen before any further proceedings.

He also less surprisingly said that the scary surveillance documents appear to be legal and that there was still no wiretap on trump tower, and that the documents may not arrive until early next week so hang on to your asses.

Manafort volunteers for questionings at House intel committee
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/24/politics/devin-nunes-paul-manafort-house-intelligence/index.html
(CNN)President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, has offered to testify before the House Intelligence Committee in its investigation of Russian meddling in the US election, committee chairman Devin Nunes announced Friday.

Nunes said House investigators are still negotiating when Manafort will testify and whether he will testify in an open hearing or in a closed briefing.

Nunes also announced that the committee is bringing in FBI Director James Comey and National Security Agency Director Mike Rogers for a second briefing, this time behind closed doors so that they can provide more information. The committee is also delaying its March 28 hearing.

Nunes apologized to committee members Thursday, a day after he told the public and the President that communications of him and associates may have been collected by intelligence agencies before telling Democratic members of the committee.

jelly

I can't help thinking he is trying to derail the IC from getting to the truth. Rushing them so they falter or divulge something that gives others a heads up. It's so weird.

ayeorkean

source says Nunes never told committee members he was canceling March 28 open hearing. Members didnt find out until Nunes presser today
https://twitter.com/tomlobianco/status/845292709589999616

kks4b1e.png

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/845293157055107072

Find it strange that Mike Pompeo(head of CIA and personally picked by Nunes) isn't mentioned in this at all.

Seems like a bullying attempt to get the FBI and NSA to get in line.

More and more obvious Nunes is trying to bury this thing.

Nafai1123

Banned
I can't help thinking he is trying to derail the IC from getting to the truth. Rushing them so they falter or divulge something that gives others a heads up. It's so weird.

I think that's exactly what he's doing. I also think by bringing the FBI/CIA directors back he's trying to deflect the investigation to the possible surveillance and the "seriousness" of that vs...you know....treason.

Nunes is scum.

hitme

Looks like the House committee haven't talked to Nunes since he went to daddy.

Nunes going rogue in the most obvious way imaginable.

Manafort is an illegal Russian agent, being given 10 million dollars a year to advance Putin Government interests (literally). Doesn't inform US government he is being paid by foreign country to advance THEIR interests. Literally treason.

Manafort is given 19 million dollars to start a media company to also push Putin propaganda.

He takes the money and runs.

Russians pursue, and sue manafort.

Manafort becomes Trump campaign leader. For some reason?

Trump becomes nominee for GOP and publicly sucks Putin's dick whenever possible. GOP official stance on Crimea is "relaxed".

Russians all of a sudden stop pursuing manafort for their 19 million. Dollars that he stole.

Reports come in of Trump being Russian puppet.

Manafort disappears from highest position of responsibility for running campaign.

Keeps apartment in Trump towers.

Trump complain s about illegal wire tap.

Turns out govt was investigating illegal gambling ring operating out of Trump tower.

Nunes states that courts authorised monitoring of a foreign agent
and picked up Trumps name in communications.

Manafort was a foreign agent for Russia. Illegally. Literally a jailable offense.

All of the above is a coincidence.?

Edit: posted the above in another thread. Someone tell me where I'm wrong. If I'm not wrong, how does this hearing happen and not end in criminal charges?

Nunes is definitely compromised in some way.

He was part of Trump transition team. I'd suspect anyone there.

They put him on this Commitee for a reason, to torpedo any investigation harmful to Trump.

Looks like he's unprepared for what they have so far and he is trying to kill it.

Nunes thought him and GOP could just grill the people invited on the leaks. He had no idea they have an open investigation with actual evidence.

I like how schiff talks cogently and confidently about things... whilst nunes is talking like his mom walked in on him fapping and is trying downplay it..

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Nunes has to be in on it. I don't see how you can look at this any other way but his cover up is so horrible, lol.

kaskade

He probably wants to testify to cover his ass.

Also, fuck Nunes. He has no business leading that committee. Schiff should be doing it.

I know common sense is a limited resource in Washington but I don't see how anyone could think an investigation involving an election would ever not require an independent commission.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I know common sense is a limited resource in Washington but I don't see how anyone could think an investigation involving an election would ever not require an independent commission.

I don't think common sense is lacking, necessarily. If you're not looking for an independent investigation, it's because you already have an end goal in mind. You want to be in control of what you find. Republicans favor their own because they'd just exonerate Trump. Democrats favor their own because they'd rake him through the coals.

Swass

So only Paul Ryan can pull Nuned from the committee, but it was Ryan who told Nunes to run to the White House and hold the press conference..? Then Ryan apparently reprimanded Nunes for mentioning Ryan was who he went to first with the info and Nuned has changed that story and says it was his own judgement call.. Ryan still hasn't pulled Nuned off the committee.. something really stinks here..!

So only Paul Ryan can pull Nuned from the committee, but it was Ryan who told Nunes to run to the White House and hold the press conference..? Then Ryan apparently reprimanded Nunes for mentioning Ryan was who he went to first with the info and Nuned has changed that story and says it was his own judgement call.. something really stinks here..!

Ryan wants to become Shadow President
Nunes is a moron and doesn't understand how that works

DOWN

Banned
So Manafort being "interviewed" rather than testifying means he's not under oath, right?
Likely under oath, but I heard them calling it an interview on TV just because there was no subpoena and it is voluntary, whatever that logic is

Surfinn

Likely under oath, but I heard them calling it an interview on TV just because there was no subpoena and it is voluntary, whatever that logic is
He's trying to save face by coming forward. He knew questioning was inevitable, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom