• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House Investigation: Manafort will interview, Second briefing with NSA/FBI heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK

Schiff would make a great president if he decided to run some day.. really like the guy..
Yeah I've seen him pop up in the news/on tv a few times over the last few years and I've been impressed every time. And he seems to be really stepping up to the plate right now and handling himself well.

It's clear republicans can't be expected to honestly investigate this, and they'll continue to sweep everything under the rug, regardless of how damning.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So basically lining up the excuse of they've said enough in the light weight hearing so don't need to go to a subpoenaed one were they shit themselves?

They can't ignore subpoenas. That's not a thing. This may either slow or accelerate subpoenas if they're coming, but there's no "instead of"

sangreal

They can't ignore subpoenas. That's not a thing. This may either slow or accelerate subpoenas if they're coming, but there's no "instead of"

I believe he means the sham committee is arranging it this way in lieu of subpoena, not Manafort

but ignoring congressional subpoenas is definitely a thing. Ask Bush

(his advisors routinely ignored house subpoenas, though the house eventually won a lawsuit to enforce them)

Nunes will probably kiss all of their asses during the hearings.

Schiff is going to have to meet with Comey to go over specific details of conversations and evidence between them and the Russians and question these people based on that stuff, to see if they make any conflicting statements or are caught in outright lies.

Nunes is a Trump stooge. He's worthless at this point. It'll all be on Schiff to do the actual questioning.

Surfinn

Nunes will probably kiss all of their asses during the hearings.

Schiff is going to have to meet with Comey to go over specific details of conversations and evidence between them and the Russians and question these people based on that stuff, to see if they make any conflicting statements or are caught in outright lies.

Nunes is a Trump stooge. He's worthless at this point. It'll all be on Schiff to do the actual questioning.

Schiff is the man we need. I think he's calmly and collectively working behind the scenes to get shit done.

Which is something I'm not sure I'd be able to do at this point.

rambis

Banned
The House investigation is pretty much null and void at this point. Idk how I missed Nunes actually being a member of the Transition team or else I wouldve stopped paying attention awhile ago.

Why was this reported previously as the opposite? Just to ride the weekend with some less-guilty looking optics?

That was jackass GOP members proclaiming that Manaford has nothing to hide and look he's even willing to say so under oath. I'm guessing they had a softball session planned to cast dought on the investigations but because shit keeps coming out on a daily basis any plans the GOP have to make this go away quickly falls apart.

So the WaPo reports that Nunes didn't visit a SCIF when he saw the fabled surveillance intel.

To review classified files without breaking the law, Nunes would have needed to do so at a secure facility. Congressional officials said that the director of National Intelligence, the FBI and National Security Agency had all indicated that they got no late-night visit from Nunes, a trip that probably would have been entered in security logs.

If Nunes didn't get the intel from intelligence agencies, then he either got it illegally or from the White House.
Or it doesn't exist

They also corroborate the story that Nunes jumped out of an Uber and disappeared into the night the evening before his strange presser.

The chairman of the House Intelligence Committee was on his way to an event in Washington late Tuesday when the evening’s plans abruptly changed. After taking a brief phone call, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) swapped cars and slipped away from his staff, congressional officials said. He appears to have used that unaccounted-for stretch of time to review classified intelligence files brought to his attention by sources he has said he will not name.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

lol wtf

Now I'm imagining him stumbling out of an Uber with papers flying all over the place as he runs jumps into a bush, and sits reading under a street light in the parking lot of a Denny's

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I am surprised, that the GOP is just going to see how long they can play this out before it collapses. But if Trump goes down, and they were all complicit in this shitshow, who is their base? Trump fans might flee. The Freedom Caucus will be either in tatters, or in charge of everything that's left. But that's not a caucus that answers to voters, it answers to Kochs.

So Nunes' newest story is that he got the information on White House grounds but not from the White House.

CNN: Nunes says he was on WH grounds day before revealing Trump surveillance info

CNN said:
One source told CNN that Nunes, a California Republican, was seen on the White House grounds the day before his announcement. In a phone interview, Nunes confirmed to CNN that he was on the White House grounds that day -- but he said he was not in the White House itself. (Other buildings, including the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, are on the same grounds.)

No one in the White House was aware that he was there, Nunes said.
The California Republican said he was there for additional meetings "to confirm what I already knew" but said he wouldn't comment further so as to not "compromise sources and methods."

He told CNN he wanted to "reiterate this has nothing to do with Russia."

Nunes went to the building because he needed a secure area to view the information, he told CNN. A government official said Nunes was seen Tuesday night at the National Security Council offices of the Eisenhower building which, other than the White House Situation Room, is the main area on the complex to view classified information in a secure room.

The official said Nunes arrived and left alone.

Everyday. This fuckers story changes Every. Single. Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom