• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HOUSE M.D. Season 8 |OT| of The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
An interview with David Shore confirms that the fire was set by a cigarette from the other guy in the building, it was part of the episode that was cut for time.

if you're going to cut something for time, that isn't a great choice - leaves the viewer wondering whether he set it deliberately as a suicide attempt. Also leaves the viewer wondering if he set it deliberately to stage his death.

The fact it was cut means he probably decided on the spur of the moment when he saw Foreman and Wilson from the building.

Hex

Banned
I don't see how anyone could possibly think this when he spent the majority of the episode wanting to lay down and die.

This.
Never once in the two times that I watched it did I or anyone that I watched it with think for a moment that he set it or it was a master plan.
If you think that, you completely throw away and miss the point of the first half of the episode with him wanting to die and give up and the "visitations" as well as the story of the patient.
Follow the trail of information that is there, do not invent information and clues that do not exist.

This.
Never once in the two times that I watched it did I or anyone that I watched it with think for a moment that he set it or it was a master plan.
If you think that, you completely throw away and miss the point of the first half of the episode with him wanting to die and give up and the "visitations" as well as the story of the patient.
Follow the trail of information that is there, do not invent information and clues that do not exist.
This is not what I'm saying. It's obvious he didn't have a plan to stage it. But since that IS what they allude to with the dental records and such, I'm saying that it doesn't make sense at all. How could it not be planned if dental records were faked? My answer: Wilson's conscience is lying to him.

This is not what I'm saying. It's obvious he didn't have a plan to stage it. But since that IS what they allude to with the dental records and such, I'm saying that it doesn't make sense at all. How could it not be planned if dental records were faked? My answer: Wilson's conscience is lying to him.

I believe the implication is that he switched the dental records after he escaped the fire. I would assume it was also when he left his badge under Foreman's table.

ChanHuk

Banned
I'm still in shock that House is over. That's 8 years of my life.

Even though I don't watch The Simpsons, it's as old as I am so I'd even be more distraught.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Dental records weren't faked, they were switched. Much easier than faking them. As has been said before, he probably did it when he went to put his ID under Foreman's table.

if you're going to cut something for time, that isn't a great choice - leaves the viewer wondering whether he set it deliberately as a suicide attempt. Also leaves the viewer wondering if he set it deliberately to stage his death.

The fact it was cut means he probably decided on the spur of the moment when he saw Foreman and Wilson from the building.

the beginning of the episode House explained the burns on the mans neck.. i think he advised him to stop sleeping when hes smoking? i kind of figured that was the reason

bengraven

Just watched it. Really liked it - one of the better season finale's I've seen in the last decade, considering how many bad ones we've had.

Wish we could have got some more 13 though.

Also wondering if Wilson figured out he faked it. It seems like he did...

Felt great seeing Cameron have some closure; the wallpaper made me smile.

Edit: oooooh kay.

I think he left hints with his entire crew.

Wilson got the badge, Cameron got the picture and that look Chase gives the ball (which I first thought was the weight of the role now upon him) maybe was confusion because someone left it there for him.

Just watched it. Really liked it - one of the better season finale's I've seen in the last decade, considering how many bad ones we've had.

Wish we could have got some more 13 though.

Also wondering if Wilson figured out he faked it. It seems like he did...

Felt great seeing Cameron have some closure; the wallpaper made me smile.

Edit: oooooh kay.

I think he left hints with his entire crew.

Wilson got the badge, Cameron got the picture and that look Chase gives the ball (which I first thought was the weight of the role now upon him) maybe was confusion because someone left it there for him.

Uh, what?

Wilson was with House, at the end, on motorcycles, so yeah, I'm pretty sure he knew House faked his death. House left the badge for Foreman and that's it, there's literally zero subtext here and none of the rest of them got clues.

It also makes sense that he only told Foreman and not the rest, as I mentioned before, if he didn't Foreman would feel pretty damn guilty forever lol :p

Vodh

I left the final 3 episodes for later. About 2 months ago I started watching everything from scratch, I've now seen the first 5 seasons 3 times, everything else (except for the last 3 episodes) twice. So glad I did that, what a great journey.

Don't think I'm gonna ever watch it again, it was enough. But it was great. And I love the finale. it felt just right. The funny thing is, I thought the Wilson's crazy chemo actually worked when I stopped watching season 8 - and it felt like a stretch. But yeah, it was just perfect.

It also makes sense that he only told Foreman and not the rest, as I mentioned before, if he didn't Foreman would feel pretty damn guilty forever lol :p

Wilson, obviously. Foreman, the badge. A little fuzzier, but still there: Cameron, the emailed picture; Chase, the ball. Classified intel for OG crew eyes only. Minus Cuddy.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Wilson, obviously. Foreman, the badge. A little fuzzier, but still there: Cameron, the emailed picture; Chase, the ball. Classified intel for OG crew eyes only. Minus Cuddy.
The picture and the ball weren't clues. They were just ways Cameron and Chase were remembering House. He left the badge for Foreman so he didn't live with the guilt of his death. No one else needed to know, and House is too smart to let anyone else know.

Vodh

Chase got the whole office, he just played with the ball, but there was a lot of other things left untouched too. Cameron probably kept the picture for a long time, there's no surprise/indication that it was sent to her recently. You really think House would bother to send everyone and their dog a note saying 'don't worry, everything is alright'? Nope, he just made sure Foreman didn't beat himself up too much and that's it, let's hit the road.

I kind of hope he did Contact Dominika tho, they were cute together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom