• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How a 16-year-old Canadian girl took down Milo Yiannopoulos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
German Lopez said:
Meet the 16-year-old Canadian girl who took down Milo Yiannopoulos

The story of Milo Yiannopoulos’s fall from conservative grace ended when a conservative blog posted video footage of him making comments that seemed to rationalize pedophilia. But it started when a 16-year-old high school student in Canada decided Yiannopoulos was embraced much too closely by mainstream conservatives.

The teen was moved to dig up footage on Yiannopoulos when she heard that he’d been invited to speak at the highest profile gathering of conservatives each year in America, the 2017 Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC). She defines herself as “very socially liberal,” but leans right on economics and foreign policy.
Yiannopoulos, who has built his personal brand on anti-Muslim, anti-feminism, and general bigotry, exemplifies the place where she doesn’t believe the conservative movement should go.

“I see Milo as this embodiment of the awfulness you see over the past few years with the general tilt of millennial conservatism,” said the teen. “It’s diverged from this traditional conservatism so much. You’ve seen it essentially become full of awfulness and all about attacking the left and not about actual principles. It has nothing to do with conservative ideology so much as it has with opposing the leftists, SJWs, and so on and so forth.”

Julia closely follows political news from her home in Canada, with a deep interest in American politics. She has been particularly alarmed by the recent rise of Yiannopoulos and others like him. So as soon as she heard Yiannopoulos would speak at CPAC, she was appalled.

Then an old moment popped in her head. She remembered hearing an obscure podcast, in which Yiannopoulos defended the idea of “13-year-olds” having sex with “older men,” arguing that child molestation provided a “sort of ‘coming of age’ relationship” for teenagers.

Her memory was right. She found the July 2016 clip.

She didn’t think she’d have much luck spreading the news herself with her small Twitter following, so she contacted a conservative outlet to get the story out. She figured a liberal outlet would have less credibility among CPAC followers.

“You shouldn’t have to feel intimidated to stand up for what you believe in,” she said. “Hopefully they’ll realize that you can’t keep being this reactionary movement — if you can even call it that. You can’t just keep looking for enemies to attack and pointing the finger. Eventually, you have to stand up for something.”

Full article: http://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...milo-yiannopoulos-cpac-pedophile-video-canada

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
giphy.gif

Spinifex

I would have just let the Reagan Battalion take the heat. She is going to be such a huge target now to the very worst of the worst alt-right Nazi scum the internet has to offer.

That said, she did an amazing thing, and society owes her a huge debt for escalating the downfall of such a shitstain.

Dio

Banned
I would have just let the Reagan Battalion take the heat. She is going to be such a huge target now to the very worst of the worst alt-right Nazi scum the internet has to offer.

The author kept her anonymous. The scum will have nowhere to point their filth unless they do something crazy to dig her identity up.

Killthee

Article goes into a bit of detail on this. Her real name isn't Julia, she's hiding her identity to avoid getting attacked online. Her mom felt her story deserved more attention though so she contacted Vox and told them the story.

Meet the 16 yr old girl who is about to get thousands of -

I am keeping the teen’s name and social media accounts out of the story because of her and her parents’ request to protect her safety, and will only refer to her as “Julia.”

Oh, good on them for being smart.

DMB4237

Neo Member
The worry is now that idiots will look through social media, find someone that fits the bill, and harass them instead even if it's not really this girl.

Loxley

At this point I'm starting to think it'll be some Canadian who uncovers audio of Trump pledging allegiance to Putin and Russia.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I hope she can do some digging and help clean up Canadian politics too. O'Leary and Leitch could both use some investigation.

16 year old canadian girls>reaganites>Democrats>Maher>Republicans?

Thanks, teenage Canadian girl.

VERY VERY SMART

As I was reading the article I kept thinking that her life was about to become a living hell of online harassment. I'm glad they kept her name out of the spotlight.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Give Julia her own day. She is an inspiration. At 16, I was wasting away at life. Never would have gotten involved with politics. Even less so another's nation politics.

I find what modern conservatives define ad fiscal conservatism nearly as reprehensible as social conservatism. Good on this girl but the economic policies of Republicans does just as much if not more harm than their social policies.

Black_Sun

I find what modern conservatives define ad fiscal conservatism nearly as reprehensible as social conservatism. Good on this girl but the economic policies of Republicans does just as much if not more harm than their social policies.

I mean mainstream Democrat economic policies are fiscally conservative ever since Reagan became president.

There used to be a quip that went something like the US having one business party with two factions.

Republican economic policies aren't fiscally conservative. They're plain insane.

III-V

Damn, I love you Canada.

Amazing - from the US, we have a high school aged girl writing an insanely racist and ill-informed BHM essay in which she clearly has the grammar, spelling and compositional skills of a third grader compared to this 16 yo high schooler who is able to single handedly destroy a pathetic icon of the millennial conservative movement.

The movement that brought DJT to office, flirts with alt-reich neo-nazis, and really wants to see a mass, military deportation of 11 million people living in our lands.

Please give us some more.

I mean.. this is sort of giving the alt right too much credit. Some moron will see the name Julia and think it's a real name and then they'll go after some random 16 year old named Julia who has Facebook likes related to feminism or something and then they'll claim that she's the one who really believes in pedophilia, not Milo.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It has nothing to do with conservative ideology so much as it has with opposing the leftists, SJWs, and so on and so forth
She's not wrong.

Conservatism in America has always had its own awful problems, but the recent conservative "movement" or whatever is a special brand of poison.

People wouldn't believe it even if Lee Atwater comes back from the grave and does a national tour to raise awareness about right wing economics and dog whistling.

Killthee

So the story is that she remembered a podcast.
She did a bit more than that and was smart enough to realize that CPAC would just double down on Milo if the story broke on a site they could consider a liberal source.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

She's 16. I was the same way. She might change her mind

It’s diverged from this traditional conservatism so much. You’ve seen it essentially become full of awfulness and all about attacking the left and not about actual principles. It has nothing to do with conservative ideology so much as it has with opposing the leftists, SJWs, and so on and so forth.

Shit she really hit the nail on the head. Say what you will about conservative ideology, at least they had one instead of just endlessly bitching about muh sjws whenever they do something shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom