• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you deal with the fact that you will die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBP

Not trying to be too depressing but this is something that has been on my mind for a long time, I have been to treatment but it doesn't change the end game. How do other people deal with it?

Dio

Banned
I think it's romantic, in a sense, that I will return to the earth in some capacity and end up being the building blocks for other organisms, or become the matter that makes up another human being someday.

Alienous

Living forever isn't that much more appealing.

A finite and good life seems like the best option. Fulfill your goals and hopefully be remembered.

lem0n

It doesn't bother me, if I'm honest. I live my life by trying to be as happy and stress-free as possible and it's been working for me so far. It'll happen when it happens

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm always a little stressed out about one thing or another. Death is an end to all the worry that comes with being human, including the fear of death. I just hope that when I do go, I can leave without causing too much stress for those still here.

I live my life.

What the hell is the point in worrying about it? You're wasting time you have by concerning yourself with something that is completely out of your control. Put that time to better use by living fully.

Tagyhag

I think "It's going to inevitably happen someday, so might as well have a good life"

What a good life is, is up to the individual.

Swass

Not being religious.. I try to not think about it, but sometime I get into deep thought about it and it scares the shiz out of me.. I will say the older I get the less scary it is getting.. almost like your body sets you up for acceptance.

rickyson1

when it happens it happens no sense worrying about it,not like i'll even notice once i'm dead anyways

that said I DO want to live to a very old age and fully intend to explore options such as artificial organs and cryogenic freezing

would not at all mind living to a thousand or so if I can find a way to swing it

I bounce between a sort of giddy anticipation and a desperate drive to do what needs to be done before the inevitable.

And then, in private moments, I daydream of outliving the stars.

EGM1966

Films
Music
Books
Videogames
Sex

I try not to sweat it. Right now I'm more angry/depressed about world social trends TBH. That feels more immediate and pressing.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
The thought comes up every couple of years with a spiking feeling of dread. And then acceptance.

Thinking about it in a dry, objective viewpoint, there's really no reason to believe the consciousness as we know it is as alive as we think it is. Time may be deceiving too in that we perceive it linear. Fascinating and scary.

Anyway, I hope you can cope with it more.

karasu

Death=nonexistence=nothingness. How am I going to be afraid of nothing? Death is what will take me away from all of my worries and concerns. It's almost a curative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom