• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How long to call a chick back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn128

Well I recently started talking a little to this cute puerto rican chick I knew in hs (we're both sophmores in college right now) and I just got done talking to her on yahoo....she's gotta go home from college, and im sitting at home, and before she left, she gave me her cell. Normally, I'd use the "wait a day or so to call back", but i know she's going home right now and i'm not sure if I should call so soon...so I leave it to the gods at GAF to decide.

Should I just wait till tomorrow night to call her up or is there some other guy "etiquette" I should follow?

*And for FHUTA fans, hopefully this will pan out if I get the correct advice lol

ronito

Call her right away and tell her your friends on a videogame forum (with whom you discussed her) told you to. She'll be yours!

The content of the conversation is what matters. If you want to talk to her and have something to talk about then just do whatever you please.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
emomoonbase said:
Call her tomorrow, otherwise you look like a lifeless loser.

Yup. Tomorrow is key. It's a Thursday, too. Ask her what her plans for the weekend are.

Shawn128 said:
Well I recently started talking a little to this cute puerto rican chick I knew in hs (we're both sophmores in college right now) and I just got done talking to her on yahoo....she's gotta go home from college, and im sitting at home, and before she left, she gave me her cell. Normally, I'd use the "wait a day or so to call back", but i know she's going home right now and i'm not sure if I should call so soon...so I leave it to the gods at GAF to decide.

Should I just wait till tomorrow night to call her up or is there some other guy "etiquette" I should follow?

*And for FHUTA fans, hopefully this will pan out if I get the correct advice lol

They are the Goddess cousins of Brazilians. You sir, have good taste.

Pics?

Nameless

For me depends when I get the number.. If I get the number Thursday or Friday, I'll call the next day for sure. If I get it Mid week or early in the week i'll generally wait a day or two before calling.

Shawn128

PhoenixDark said:
They are the Goddess cousins of Brazilians. You sir, have good taste.

Pics?
Why the fuck does everyone always ask for pics whenever someone is talking about a girl on gaf? :lol

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Like they said.

Sun-Wed: Wait a day to call.

Thurs-Sat: Call later on and try and work something out for the weekend.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Mikey: So how long are you guys gonna' wait until you call your honeys up?

Trent and Sue: 6 days.

=D

MIKE
How long do I wait to call?

TRENT
A day.

MIKE
Tomorrow?

TRENT
No...

SUE
... Tomorrow, then a day.

TRENT
... Yeah.

MIKE
So, two days?

TRENT
Yeah. I guess you could call it that.

SUE
Definitely. Two days. That's the
industry standard...

TRENT
(to Sue. shop talk)
... I used to wait two days. Now
everyone waits two days. Three days is
kinda money now, don't you think?

SUE
... Yeah. But two's enough not to look
anxious...

TRENT
Yeah, but three days is kinda the
money...

MIKE
(interrupting sarcastically)
Why don't I just wait three weeks and
tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and
found her number...

CHARLES
... then ask where you met her...

MIKE
Yeah, I'll tell her I don't remember and
then I'll ask what she looks like.
(pause)
Then I'll ask if we fucked. How's that,
Tee? Is that "the money"?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
skrew said:
just fuckin ask her when you should call

Exactly. I struggled through these very same dilemmas until I came up with this doozy.

"So when are you available to talk?"

How much ownage is that!? A) Takes out the guesswork of when i should make the call and B) I am sure she will be available.

Otherwise, i just called whenever I freakin felt like it. No sense in torturing yourself.

El Papa

What? Ask her when you can call? Wtf is that. I just tell them when I'll call, something like "Cool, I'll give you a call later." If I really need to know if they'll be free I'll say something like, "So are you free sometime this weekend, because I'm busy Thursday and Friday". It's really simple.

Just call the next day dude. Most chicks dig the fact you are interested so long as you don't sound desperate. And if it doesn't pan out who fucking cares? There are more girls out there so why play the waiting game........no need to.

Call her from a different phone:

"Hello ma'am this is Iriquois Pliskin (or any name) with (some dating company name). We wanted to know what is the perfect amount of time for a guy to wait before calling you?"

You're in like flint.

Papi

It really doesn't matter when you call as long as it's not at some stupid hour of the day.

My advice is... go with your heart.

You know what'd be kosher?

Call her, ask her if she'll pose naked for ya...take the picture (snap!) and post it on GAF for the video game system of your choice.

Royale with Cheese said:
You know what'd be kosher?

Call her, ask her if she'll pose naked for ya...take the picture (snap!) and post it on GAF for the video game system of your choice.

Now where did you ever get an idea like that?

~Black Deatha

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
El Papa said:
What? Ask her when you can call? Wtf is that. I just tell them when I'll call, something like "Cool, I'll give you a call later." If I really need to know if they'll be free I'll say something like, "So are you free sometime this weekend, because I'm busy Thursday and Friday". It's really simple.

You know what, you're right. I shouldn't impart any kind of advice that would help guys that seem to be complete bundles of nerves - attempting to figure out when to call girl - and then make 'em nervous Thursday, Friday, and until they call on the weekend. (Assuming they get the number on a Wednesday, but... I've never gotten a number on a Wednesday)

El Papa

I was just using Wednesday as an example. I'm just saying that the guy shouldn't be tripping on when to call a chick.

Ogni-XR21

ronito said:
Call her right away and tell her your friends on a videogame forum (with whom you discussed her) told you to. She'll be yours!

I was planning on suggesting exactly the same thing while I read the OP... ^_^

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
emomoonbase said:
Call her tomorrow, otherwise you look like a lifeless loser.

If he is a lifeless loser anyway, what does it matter? And if he isnt, shell figure that out eventually.

Bluecondor

If you call too soon - without a good reason - you come off too strong and/or desperate.

I like the idea of waiting until Thursday. I would call and talk for awhile, and then ask her out to do something. Ask her to do something on Saturday night - something that she would be into. Then - you can get a sense of where you stand by her response.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm in a similar situation, except I'm on the other end - waiting for the call. Today is day 3 :lol

Nameless said:
For me depends when I get the number.. If I get the number Thursday or Friday, I'll call the next day for sure. If I get it Mid week or early in the week i'll generally wait a day or two before calling.

Both of those equal late in the week....so why would it depend?

=P

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Shawn128 said:

I kinda have a 2 day rule. Its worked fine for me. You dont come off desperate but do come off interested.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Call her today. As long as you are CONFIDENT, she won't get the impression that you're a desperate, gameless assbag.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Shawn128 said:
Why the fuck does everyone always ask for pics whenever someone is talking about a girl on gaf? :lol

If you check PhoenixDark's post history you'll know why :lol

Shawn128

Well we were talkin real late on instant messenger last night (think around 2ish in the morning) and I was like, allright I'm dead tired, i think I'm gunna go to sleep. Then she was like, lol I'm sorry I can rant on a little bit can't I. So then I said, Well hey, how about I call you tomorrow night and you can keep me up on the phone all night?

WASNT THAT SMOOTH? lol she was like allright and she told me when she's getting off work.

Here's the kicker: Can't tell if she has a bf or not cause when I talk to her, it seems like she's all by herself, but on her myspace, there's a guy on there that posts a lot and calls her 'babe' and stuff. I guess we'll find out tonight, hmmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom