• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How on earth this magic trick was done? (From P&T Fool Us)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's someone under the table wearing black gloves that passes him all the cards and takes away the ones he drops off the edge of the table.

Black table cloth, black suit, low contrast lighting.

(I have no idea how he does these - but that's the best I could come up with for the second video)

LordRaptor

I'm pretty sure Penn & Tellers criteria for "being fooled" by legerdemain isn't "do they know how it was done" (because they do), it's "did they see the move being pulled"

Wow I only just realized that in his first appearance at about the 3:40 mark and on you can clearly see that the button on his vest around his stomach is the only one unbuttoned and that's obviously where he's sticking cards throughout that trick. And at one point he pushes the card from the stomach area into his pocket.

He is back again :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thIlxChNYqk

mother-of-god.gif

MY MIND FUCKING BROKE!!!

that was amazing!!!

DOWN

Banned
The faces he makes and his attempt at theatrics are so silly I couldn’t even pay attention to the cards

Cuburt

So he's Dr Strange confirmed.

lol I thought the same thing but this guy took the hard route just to make it look like he can do magic while Strange used a cheat code and took up magic instead of being able to return to his former job.

This guy is good though. Just as I think I can kind of figure out some of what he is doing, he pulls out some insane tricks that I just can't even begin to wrap my head around.

jvm

Gamasutra.
As someone who's been through a similar injury (severed two of three tendons on back of thumb, and nicked the third) and went through all the therapy to get full motion back, doing what he did in a year seems impressive to me. The only signs of my injury are a shiny scar and a tightness when I stretch my thumb across my palm, but I don't have to have the kind of dexterity that appears essential to his job. I'm now 11 years past my injury...

jett

D-Member
The second act seems much more technically complex but I still prefer the showmanship in the first one more.

Shin Lim is really fantastic, next level sleight of hand skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom