• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HSG4 Tourney

tenchir

Getting the game this weekend. I have only played Mario Golf for the GBA, and Mario Golf 64 before that. Gotta get use to the control before playing you guys.

B'z-chan

Banned
I got it today. Maybe i will try a tourney with you guys. Gotta get used to the 3 click. I'm so damn used to Links 04 on xbx and its easy swing.

By the way can you play the mini golf courses online?

THIS GAME SUCKS period. I'm going back to Links.

B'z-chan said:
I got it today. Maybe i will try a tourney with you guys. Gotta get used to the 3 click. I'm so damn used to Links 04 on xbx and its easy swing.

By the way can you play the mini golf courses online?

THIS GAME SUCKS period. I'm going back to Links.

Bleh, Links was completely average. Hot Shots rocks.

bjork

That bullet time flyby thing made Links annoying for me.

Anyway... pinch-hit coupons = good way to unlock people in Vs. mode. :)

B'z-chan

Banned
I just got pissed cause all you see is the persons score. I actually want to watch someone play golf or at least know where they're balls are going. I mean is that really too much to ask for? Vs mode for online or something. Am i missing something, cause i'm lost. And only being able to send messages back and forth come on.

none the less i'm still up for a tournament if you guys set one up.

tenchir

I'm up for a game on Saturday or Sunday night, so how are we going to start? I don't have the game yet, so how many people can be in one game? Is there doubles or only single's game?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Links online play is superior imo, but I have a special place for hot shots.

Let's get this tourney going!

shoplifter

I'm trying to get as many folks as I can. Tomorrow seems fun for a practice round or something. How's 9:30pm EST sound?

tenchir

9:30 EST, so that would be 6:30 PST? I am so bad at time zone.

So which lobby you guys want to meet up on and practice in? I just got the game right now, but haven't played it yet.

bjork

I *might* be home by then, but perhaps not... off at 6, should be home about 7. Maybe I can get into a later round.

Nester

I'll be up for playing if I can ever get online play working. I get an error when trying to log in, says my connection timed out during DNAS authentication. FFXI takes 2 seconds to authorize DNAS, as does Resident Evil: Outbreak. Everquest Online Adventures takes almost 30 minutes to authenticate DNAS, so I have no idea what the problem is. Ugh. :(

bjork

Note to whoever starts the game: set the time to something lower than normal.

I'm playing DM and it's like 100 seconds inbetween holes after we've both holed out.

Nester

:( Still no luck with the online portion, still getting the same timeout error. Online was the main reason I bought the game. Guess I'll call online support Monday.

shoplifter

Tenchir, you must have just missed the timer.

gg guys. I'm going to propose a nightly match, 10pm or 10:30est same bat-lobby, same bat-password?

We'll have to open the room at the exact time so the timer doesn't cut people off. I wish that there was a way to wait for the creator to start.

edit: also Bjork and DM..OWNED

shoplifter

bjork said:
Hey, if it wasn't for the +5 on one hole and +4 on another, I'd have been right there with a -7. :(

If ya wanna play that game....had I not lipped those eagle putts I'd have been at -12. :D

tenchir

Yeah, I missed it, but I did play a 40 man tournament and managed 6th place. Wow, a -7? I haven't unlocked any characters at all and only have 2 new golf clubs, so I am averaging -3-4.

tenchir

bjork said:
I'm getting -12 and stuff offline, I don't know why I am blowing so hard online.

It's possible that you are being rushed because of the timer. I tend to play game pretty fast, so my scores aren't affected online or offline.

shoplifter

Tonight, 10:30pm EST? That's when I'll OPEN the room (not before!!!!), so make it in before 10:40pm EST.

edit: ALSO CHECK THE NEW THREAD

Bog

Junior Ace
I've played two tournaments online. I've never NOT been the first guy to finish a hole. So far I've gotten 3rd and 2nd.

Top Bottom