• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive Launch Thread -- Computer, activate holodeck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compsiox

Banned
I think they will, I hope they will, that'll be lame if they don't

Indeed it would be lame. Hey but even if they don't there are dozens of other awesome games out there :)

I can't see myself monitor gaming for the foreseeable future.

Compsiox

Banned
Lol yup windlands and budget cut demos all day!

You think you're kidding but the feeling Windlands gives you in the Vive is addicting. I don't think I'll stop coming back to it. And it's freaking Budget Cuts I'm gonna play that shit more than the Halo Wars demo.

I gotta sleep now. Absorb the hype for me.

taco543

You think you're kidding but the feeling Windlands gives you in the Vive is addicting. I don't think I'll stop coming back to it. And it's freaking Budget Cuts I'm gonna play that shit more than the Halo Wars demo.

I gotta sleep now. Absorb the hype for me.
I'm not kidding lol the videos node put up on YouTube looks fucking insane! And budget cuts completely sold me on vr! And I can't absorb all the hype I'm about to pass out too

simonski

Cheers, I'm now sat in the queue

Been like this for about 10 minutes

Good luck! For reference they told me (UK, Paypal, wave 1) yesterday that my order was processing, would ship yesterday or today, and take one or two days to arrive. I wasn't filled with confidence.

artsi

So I did the F5 trick to get my April date a few days ago, and the support confirmed just now that I'm in the first shipment batch, and the credit card transaction has been completed (still shows reserved in my bank).

Hype!!!

T.O.P

Banned
Good luck! For reference they told me (UK, Paypal, wave 1) yesterday that my order was processing, would ship yesterday or today, and take one or two days to arrive. I wasn't filled with confidence.

My chat reminded me of this tbh

HeZW7.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So I did the F5 trick to get my April date a few days ago, and the support confirmed just now that I'm in the first shipment batch, and the credit card transaction has been completed (still shows reserved in my bank).

Hype!!!

:/

Wallach

Windlands is fantastic, highly recommend for anyone getting either HMD. It's not something that will make much use of roomscale or anything but it is a great example of how VR changes how you think about existing game design. Better played standing.

Mikeside

[You are now connected with an agent.]
Me:
Hello

Damian:9:24 AM
Welcome to HTC. My name is Damian. How may I help you today?

Me:
Hi, I'd like to find out about my order

Me:
Order #xxxxxxxxxx

Me:
I was told it would ship to arrive today or tomorrow at latest in a previous chat, yet I've had no information or shipping confirmation emails

Damian:9:25 AM
I cannot see when exactly your HTC Vive will be shipped but it's in the first batch of the shipments. Once it's shipped you should receive email notification about it. That the shipment start doesn't mean that everybody will receive it at once. It means that though the month people will be receiving HTC Vives.

For now your order status is in process and everything looks alright. Credit card transaction was completed. Your money might not yet been withdrawn but everything is okay. Sorry that you were over-promised with the shipment

Me:
so you can't tell me when it'll ship?

Me:
I paid over £50 for shipping, that's unacceptable

Damian:9:26 AM
Everybody paid the same amount for the shipment and it takes 1-2 days. But when it ships was nowhere confirmed in the order.

Damian:9:26 AM
and we cannot see when it ships. There is "window" in the system to see when it actually ships.

Me:
can I get confirmation on when UK deliveries will start going out at least?

Damian:9:27 AM
Maybe it was closer to put in the truck. I don't know how DHL is handling the packages to shipment. I can see that you ordered it in very beginning and I wish i could tell you something more but there is just nothing more I can find in the system.

Me:
Who should I contact to get the information I need? There must be somebody with information regarding UK shipping and when it will begin?

Damian:9:29 AM
I cannot answer this question. Maybe if you call HTC support they will have the answers already, but i was not yet informed about it.

Me:
OK, what's the phone number I need for that?

Damian:9:29 AM
‎0845 890 0079

Me:
thanks I guess

useful - I should note that the phone number supplied goes to a team who won't help with Vive questions

dumbo

I've no idea how to link it - but "Daniel O'brien" (HTC vive guy) on twitter has said this in response to rather a deluge of pissed-off UKers:
clarity coming today...

On reddit, it seems CC/debit authorizations are starting to expire, so unless they sort something out then we may be looking at another exciting round of authorizations.

trillbo

Well, I just cancelled my rift order and ordered a Vive. Can't believe I did it! Tracked controllers + roomscale was just too much of a lure. Also, I figured I still have my DK2 for Oculus stuff for now.

I just really hope some racing sims get Vive support in the future as that's what I'll miss the most.

Mascot

Kinda sad I'm missing out on the VR hype, but bloody glad I'm missing out on all the logistics clusterfuckery.

simonski

Some encouraging UK info from Daniel O'Brian on twitter this morning - shipping emails going out today, and call centre staff being briefed on what's really going on.

I wonder if us filthy queue jumpers will discover the info we've been given so far ('yes, you're wave 1') is incorrect?

artsi

I wonder if us filthy queue jumpers will discover the info we've been given so far ('yes, you're wave 1') is incorrect?

Yeah, we'll see, but if they already took my money like they said, then better also ship it.

Also, I know that April should not have been there and I don't mind pushing it to May, but there's probably a lot of people who got it purely by chance and will be disappointed.

Krejlooc

Banned
What ive already bought:

-cloudlands minigolf
-windlands
-elite dangerous
-virtual desktop
-vanishing of ethan Carter
-apollo 11
-Crystal rifts
-hover junkers
-fantastic contraptions
-tilt brush

Games I will buy as they unlock
-space pirate trainer
-raw data
-budget cuts
-audioshield
-theBlu

Games I own getting vive support "soon"
-radial g
-project cars
-adrift

Not bad support out of the gate. The only game I cant play thusfar is unseen diplomacy, the space requirements are too much.

Mikeside

What ive already bought:

-cloudlands minigolf
-windlands
-elite dangerous
-virtual desktop
-vanishing of ethan Carter
-apollo 11
-Crystal rifts
-hover junkers
-fantastic contraptions
-tilt brush

Games I will buy as they unlock
-space pirate trainer
-raw data
-budget cuts
-audioshield
-theBlu

Games I own getting vive support "soon"
-radial g
-project cars
-adrift

Not bad support out of the gate. The only game I cant play thusfar is unseen diplomacy, the space requirements are too much.

My plan for this is to not buy everything at once, because I'll end up switching between everything and not giving anything my full attention.

I'm going to enjoy Fantastic Contraption, The Lab and Job Simulator, then I've already got Elite and Descent to play.

After that, I'll probably get Cloudlands, Ethan, Raw Data, Budget Cuts, Audioshield, Adrift, Project Cars etc etc, but not all at once

Krejlooc

Banned
My plan for this is to not buy everything at once, because I'll end up switching between everything and not giving anything my full attention.

I'm going to enjoy Fantastic Contraption, The Lab and Job Simulator, then I've already got Elite and Descent to play.

After that, I'll probably get Cloudlands, Ethan, Raw Data, Budget Cuts, Audioshield, Adrift, Project Cars etc etc, but not all at once

I'm having a bbq for family and friends this weekend (that will turn into a rager later in the night when family leaves) and want to make sure people have lots of things to do.

I'm also prettying up minecraft for minecrift for vive.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Already downloaded a bunch of games and "experiences" and I will get more as they unlock. Meanwhile my Vive is stuck in Brno (130 km away) since 6 hours. I guess delivery tomorrow was a good estimation.

T.O.P

Banned

Yup same, i'll try the free games and the demos first, AudioShield will be my first purchase probably

Man, I talked to a coworker on my lunch break and showed him some videos of people using the Vive. He's already planning to get a PC and build a VR room, and he hasn't even tested anything yet.

Krejlooc

Banned
Uh, pending charge is gone on my bank account... But the money is back in. As in, the $900 or so they authorized to withdraw is still in my account.

But my vive has already shipped.

Soooo... Do i get the vive for free? :p

artsi

Uh, pending charge is gone on my bank account... But the money is back in. As in, the $900 or so they authorized to withdraw is still in my account.

But my vive has already shipped.

Soooo... Do i get the vive for free? :p

Withdraw all money and wait to see what happens.

8YqiwFz.gif

Trilobit

It's so cool that we now live in the time where roomscale VR is possible in your home. It's like we were talking about graphics and games one day, and the next we're talking about holodeck-like technology that seems to work incredibly well. I feel like it's a jump that is becoming normalized even if all of this is so insanely futuristic.

Just needed to take a moment to appreciate and contemplate.

4J5zdxL.jpg

taoofjord

My pending charge was canceled and the money has been placed back in my account. No shipping information, no payment confirmation. :03, debit card. Now I have to call my bank again, every day, to let them know not to deny the charge. This is great fun.

Pending charge disappeared. Hopefully this means the real charge is coming today.

It doesn't mean that. It means that the bank allows 3 business days before they cancel the hold. So if you had to let your bank know about the incoming charge to get it to go through last time you probably need to do it again.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Can't wait for when I can import my room dimensions in a software like this and have the full Ikea catalogue available to place in it.

i know everyone ones joking..but your right..virtual shopping where you can setup to match your room dimensions and see how things will look within your house/apartment is extremely compelling.

T.O.P

Banned
Seems like nobody in Italy got any info on shipments yet, i asked that Twitter guy but got no answer back

:(

TheCrow

It doesn't mean that. It means that the bank allows 3 business days before they cancel the hold. So if you had to let your bank know about the incoming charge to get it to go through last time you probably need to do it again.
Let me dream. Didn't have any problems with my bank so I'm just hoping Illinois shipments go out today.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Seems like nobody in Italy got any info on shipments yet, i asked that Twitter guy but got no answer back

There were some Italians receiving shipment emails yesterday on Reddit. Actually everything started with Italy if I remember correctly.

Or you're talking about today?

Yesterday the shipment emails started coming after 3 CET I think.

Krejlooc

Banned
i picked up Jeeboman. it looks like a space pirate trainer clone with more variety, like galaga compared to space invaders.

its from the cloudlands minigolf people.

Melon Husk

Twitter guy is asleep. It's 4:30 in the morning. From what I've read, there should be an email or update in the next hour or two.

Compsiox

Banned
i picked up Jeeboman. it looks like a space pirate trainer clone with more variety, like galaga compared to space invaders.

its from the cloudlands minigolf people.

Wow I haven't seen a studio work on 2 VR games at the same time.

Probably just too tired to think of any.

T.O.P

Banned
There were some Italians receiving shipment emails yesterday on Reddit. Actually everything started with Italy if I remember correctly.

Or you're talking about today?

Yesterday the shipment emails started coming after 3 CET I think.

Yeah sorry, was talking about CC payers, at least i didn't ready anything about it on reddit

Twitter guy is asleep. It's 4:30 in the morning. From what I've read, there should be an email or update in the next hour or two.

Time Zones, always forget lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom