• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive Launch Thread -- Computer, activate holodeck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartman86

Banned
Looks like The Lab will indeed release tomorrow. I wonder what lurks.

CfNaZ8iWsAECTDI.jpg

CfNaaB6WsAARAWr.jpg

BIGWORM

This will be mine in the next couple of weeks, hopefully. The Boss fiance gave me the thumbs up after our wedding. =D

Yes, you could also accidentally put a controller in the dishwasher after using it to hold an ice cream cone.

Put the link box on the floor or secure it. Use the chaperone boundaries to not smash things.

I don't have a dishwasher, but I have walls.

Yep. It's sitting at a facility 1 hour away. Fedex says wednesday, but I may just get it tomorrow if I'm lucky.

I'm jelly but still glad people are getting theirs on time for launch, will be nice reading everyone's impressions as they come in. Particularly interested in hearing more about Vanishing Realms. Reading about the inventory mechanics of physically putting health (apples) and other items in a knapsack around your waist and pulling out what you need as necessary kinda blew my mind. Such a simple concept but one that seems so intuitive and perfect for VR.

viveks86

I'm jelly but still glad people are getting theirs on time for launch, will be nice reading everyone's impressions as they come in. Particularly interested in hearing more about Vanishing Realms. Reading about the inventory mechanics of physically putting health (apples) and other items in a knapsack around your waist and pulling out what you need as necessary kinda blew my mind. Such a simple concept but one that seems so intuitive and perfect for VR.

Yeah will be trying it out. Early access right?

I have the money but I'm waiting on the new Nvidia GPUs and then I am using the Vive as my reward for paying off my student loans. I could cave and get a 970 and a Vive at any time and it's super tempting.

Yeah you got the right idea, I've had my 970 for a little over a year so it just worked out, was honestly surprised I wouldn't have to make any more upgrades for this gen of VR. I'm sure there will be some high end visual experiences I'll want to make an upgrade for, so at least you'll be prepared for those :)

b0bbyJ03

Just ordered the Vive on a whim.. came out to over $900 after taxes and shipping. Ouch. When do they charge? now or when they ship?

Edit: never mind, just got the email. They charge when they ship.

The Hermit

is there a aquatic simulator already, like Endless Ocean? I used to shit my pants in that game I wonder how I will feel with VR

I bought one off Ebay because fuck it it's my birthday week :D

I guess it's arriving at the seller's house on Wednesday (He even sent me the tracking info from HTC to his place). So hopefully I'll have it by Friday.

Zaptruder

Banned
Mine's just sitting at the fedex facility 14km from where I live. Farrrkkk. LEMME PICK IT UP YOU JERKS! (I've called, but they told me they'll give me a call back when it's ready for pick up... still no call yet).

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Damn I wish mine was shipping before May. Can't wait to experience some of these games, and just toy around with it in general.

Also, demo it to people.

taco543

I'm going to be honest a lot of games and stuff that are coming out look really awesome, they truly do. But when I get mine I'm going to host a party and play VR pictionary with tilt brush and my computer connected to my 50 inch tv. That I get to demo it to people and have a blast while doing it too.

spannicus

Mine's just sitting at the fedex facility 14km from where I live. Farrrkkk. LEMME PICK IT UP YOU JERKS! (I've called, but they told me they'll give me a call back when it's ready for pick up... still no call yet).
Oh i got the key to that facility. Whats your name, ill get it for you and test it out to make sure nothings broken inside.

Sky Chief

I'm going to be honest a lot of games and stuff that are coming out look really awesome, they truly do. But when I get mine I'm going to host a party and play VR pictionary with tilt brush and my computer connected to my 50 inch tv. That I get to demo it to people and have a blast while doing it too.

Yeah, I'm having a Vive party this weekend with Moscow Mules, candied ginger, and some fantastic weed

T.O.P

Banned
Much apreciated, thx. Yeah, the card is an MSI gtx 970, it does have a displayport, so you're proposition sounds like the best solution. Will order a cable right away, who knows I might recieve the Vive before I know it (one can hope)
Same card here, what cable will I need to make stuff works exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom