• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary for PC launches March 14

Shizuka

The PC version of htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary will launch on March 14, NIS America announced.

Here’s an overview of the game, which first launched for PS Vita last year, via its Steam page:

At the bottom of an old ruin, a young girl named Mion awakens with no memory of how she arrived at this dreadful place. Guided by two fireflies, Mion must solve puzzles, outwit monsters, and avoid traps to escape the darkness!

In htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary, you will guide Mion’s escape from her dark confines by controlling two fireflies—Lumen and Umbra. Direct Mion’s movements as Lumen, and destroy obstacles as the shadowy Umbra. Untold mysteries await as you guide Mion to the surface, overcoming traps and puzzles along the way. But be warned—the shadows are never far, and they’re always hungry…

The PC version was first announced on Monday.

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/htolniq-firefly-diary-pc-launches-march-14

Endesu

As somebody who went from hating the game about partway through Stage 3 to loving it once I'd gotten the full story (to hating it again after I spent hours working away at that goddamn "rush through the killer wall maze" trophy)? Good. This game deserves more exposure.

Absolutely hated the touch controls on Vita, had to switch over to analog ASAP. Mouse controls should help quite a bit.

salromano

They couldn't just call it The Firefly Diary?

I haven't played it yet, but maybe stylizing the title like that has something to do with this:

ss_6fb00041bd3811a4c8e883e049ee000b23d5f4d8.1920x1080.jpg

This is a bleak, cruel game that will make you feel justified in cheating through the worst parts.

And I platinumed it. There was something compelling in conquering the bizarre challenges that came out of left field, and trying to make sense of the cryptic story.

Top Bottom