• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hugh Jackman and James Mangold returning for Wolverine sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

EXCLUSIVE: Twentieth Century Fox has begun negotiations with James Mangold to return for another installment of The Wolverine, with Hugh Jackman bringing back his signature character with the razor sharp adamantium hooks. This comes after The Wolverine played very strongly overseas, enough to now sit as the second highest grossing X-Men film of all time. The film has grossed $413 million worldwide, with $132 million domestic and $280 million in international revenue.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/jam...e-film/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Dot50Cal

Banned
Wow, I'm surprised it did so well overseas. It was an OK film imo, hopefully they can do better this time around. I love the character and the universe (and I have a secret man crush on Hugh Jackman).

glaurung

This is great news, I think. Whereas the new Wolverine movie earlier this year had a bit of a pointless last chapter, most of it was well above average.

I wonder where they'd take Logan now that they've done the obligatory Japan episode.

sirap

So I guess Jackmans gonna be wolverine forever then?

Can you even imagine anyone else playing him though? I thought he was iffy in Xmen 1, but as he got older he really grew into the role. Now I'm even reading his comic lines in Hugh Jackman's voice.

Welp, I guess that means he won't die in Day of Future Past.

Wolverine can't die bruh.
wolverine43-017-018.jpg

This last Wolverine movie was decent, even with the producers trying to stuff 10 years of comic plotline into a 90 minute film, and in spite of its PG-13 rating. I'd love to see what they'd do with a sequel

Ridley327

Hopefully, they can do another one-shot kind of story without going as crazy as The Wolverine does in its last act. The first two-thirds were really refreshing for how low-key and intimate it felt versus damn near every other superhero film.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Wolverine can't die bruh.
wolverine43-017-018.jpg

The only way to permanently disable Wolverine is by separating his head from his torso and making sure it stays that way.

But Wolverine is Fox' moneymachine, they're not gonna do this. Plus, Hugh Jackman is enjoying himself playing Logan, so expect a lot of Wolverine-presence the coming years.

Over/Under on the sequel taking place in the 2-year gap between the end of the film and the mid-credits stinger that leads to Days of Future Past? Maybe they can take on the Weapon X story again and finally add in Omega Red?

Now all we need is for Wolverine to appear in The Avengers 2, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and a second series of X-Men films that take place at the same time as the current series and he'll be almost as over-exposed as he is in the comics.

Lautaro

I didn't like much the last Wolverine movie but I'm OK with Log- Jackman making a new one. He was born for that role.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
This last Wolverine movie was decent, even with the producers trying to stuff 10 years of comic plotline into a 90 minute film, and in spite of its PG-13 rating. I'd love to see what they'd do with a sequel

what the FUCK? it was "The Wolverine" thats a 4 issue mini that STARTED the characters solo line, what the hell did they shoe horn into the movie???

Yep good and expected, I was one of the many "overseas" viewers that made this a hit (UK).

And it was a good film, bar the ending which was...well stupid!!

Hugh Jackman makes a great wolverine

Good. I really liked The Wolverine (apart from the third act that felt like a forced rewrite), and would like to see the two team up again.

I saw it three times in theaters. It's probably my favorite Marvel movie.

I had no clue people were clamoring for a new Wolverine (it's probably just gaf). He's like the only actor I'm 100% with having any role for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom