• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble SNK NeoGeo 25th Anniversary bundle, including several PC debut games

Dizzy-4U

XN3BumZ.png

3BfLVD9.gif

Ninja Dom

Ah SHIT!!

The two games I want the most (King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match Final Edition & King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match) aren't available on Mac.

latest

Skilletor

What's the best emulator for fighting games now? I don't feel like they run accurately in GGPO or Fightcade. I feel slowdown and input lag. It's one of the reasons I yearn for legit releases of these games.

Tizoc

OK it's 1 AM, I'm hittin' the sack and tomorrow I'll work on figuring out how to create custom macros @_@

Can I get the roms out of this if I buy it? Are they accessible?

Yes.
After installing a game go to its folder to find the bios and the game's rom.

What's the best emulator for fighting games now? I don't feel like they run accurately in GGPO or Fightcade. I feel slowdown and input lag. It's one of the reasons I yearn for legit releases of these games.

Fightcade.com
Takes a few minutes to figure out but afterwards you're set.
If you want AES make sure you are using the Universal Bios when running the fightcade emulator.

I'll get this after work today.

Are there any good guides for mechanics and characters for KOF98, 02, and Garou?

I'll do a quick Garou write up by tomorrow, beginner's guide etc.

Baha

If it's not too much to ask, how do I extract the roms and is running it on fightcade pretty straight forward or will I need to look up a guide?

Beckx

Narrowing my earlier Retroarch question down - it looks like MAME is the best option for a RetroArch core and there's no dedicated MVS/AES core. Is that right?

Which version of the MAME core should I use? MAME, MAME 2003, or MAME 2010?

Tizoc

^Wait we can still get MAME 2003? Mind PMing where to get it, I'm more used to the older models @_@

If it's not too much to ask, how do I extract the roms and is running it on fightcade pretty straight forward or will I need to look up a guide?

Just go to a game's installation folder to find the Roms.
Fightcade is a .ZIP file you download, after extraction there will be a folder titled rom
Put the game and neo geo bios file in there.
Run fightcade and type /HELP and work your way from there.
Don't worry about any error messages, the games'll run fine. After running a game use the upper left tabs to change what you want.

Dizzy-4U

Narrowing my earlier Retroarch question down - it looks like MAME is the best option for a RetroArch core and there's no dedicated MVS/AES core. Is that right?

Which version of the MAME core should I use? MAME, MAME 2003, or MAME 2010?
MAME = 2015

shaowebb

OK first off got to Fightcade.com
Download the client then make a fightcade.com account
Now after extracting fightcade, copy garou and neo geo compressed folders (For example) to fightcade's rom folder.

Run fightcade, log in with your account. Find the game then type /Play to run it. Boom you can now use fightcade to play the games preoperly

Did this, typed /play, tried to run the zip I found of twinkle star sprites...said it needed Bios...
HELP.
EDIT: YES! Success! Dragged the Neogeo zip into the roms folder too. Now it runs!

Beckx

^Wait we can still get MAME 2003? Mind PMing where to get it, I'm more used to the older models @_@

I'm only looking at the Libretro Wiki right now, I don't have access to my machine until later. I probably incorrectly assumed that if it's listed in the wiki it will be a core download option in Retroarch (everything else I've looked up in the past has been).

Needham

Is the game speed tied to my monitor's refresh rate? I've got a 144hz monitor and these games are running super fast. I'm just trying out the browser versions.

Baha

Just go to a game's installation folder to find the Roms.
Fightcade is a .ZIP file you download, after extraction there will be a folder titled rom
Put the game and neo geo bios file in there.
Run fightcade and type /HELP and work your way from there.
Don't worry about any error messages, the games'll run fine. After running a game use the upper left tabs to change what you want.

Thank you very much. Last question, I paid for the $10 tier but I'm not seeing the Neo Geo 25th Anniversary Soundtrack anywhere in my download list. Has it not been added yet?

There are actually some of these on Steam too.

There's obviously the Sega collections, but there's also this company Console classics
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=Console Classics

That flat out sells PSone emulated games of old ass stuff they've dug around for the rights for.
I seem to remember hear extracting the ROMs out of those SEGA collections to be a pain in the ass so they fact these DRM-free SNK ones have the same filenames as standard ROMs you can find anywhere are a relief.

Thank you very much. Last question, I paid for the $10 tier but I'm not seeing the Neo Geo 25th Anniversary Soundtrack anywhere in my download list. Has it not been added yet?
I've not bought the $10 yet but change the platform type to music?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
holy fuck

HOLY FUCK

$10 for GAROU???!

HOLY FUCK

No Steam release though. :( Would buy for Browser + Steam support. But nope, not yet.

I'm new to humble bundle, also I only have a ps4
does any of this help me at all?

Will you play these on a web-browser (read: PC)? If yes: Yes. If no, you're strictly PS4: LOL NO. Sorry.

BOTEC

I just ran the SSVS sets that come from Humble Bundle through RomCenter (with a MAME 0.168 dat file), and it looks like there are enough ROM's to make the original uncensored set (samsh5sp), the first home version which was censored (samsh5sph), and the "fixed" home version which was less censored (samsh5spho). I'm not sure which ones the DotEmu emulator loads though.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
What's the other bundle to get that people were talking about earlier?

Regarding this one, I feel kinda weird about it being almost all ROMs, I don't even know why. I love to see old classics coming back though, so I'm somewhat torn :)

verdures

DotEmu doesn't seem great on the Mac side. I got unnaturally heavy slowdown in Twinkle Star Sprites on a machine that should easily handle it (i5, 16 GB RAM).

Li Kao

What's the other bundle to get that people were talking about earlier?

This. The earlier poster saying this was his second bundle for the day got my curiosity up and I just saw a... debatable bundle in my mailbox (bundle star).

shaowebb

Yes.

Fightcade is magic.

Cool...but black magic apparently. Now that I've put all my rom zips into the rom folder instead of just twinkle star and Garou its giving me nonstop Direct Draw error messages and it wont load any games at all!

Help...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Cool...but black magic apparently. Now that I've put all my rom zips into the rom folder instead of just twinkle star and Garou its giving me nonstop Direct Draw error messages and it wont load any games at all!

Help...

Don't put ROMS in there that Fightcade doesn't support. If it doesn't have a lobby in the list, don't put it in there.

Top Bottom