• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter X Hunter's Hiatus Will Continue For Now, Says Publisher

Link.

Hunter x Hunter, no stranger to taking time off, is still on break. For now, at least. The manga’s publisher says new pages are TBA.

As previously mentioned, manga artist Yoshihiro Togashi’s longest Hunter x Hunter publication streak is 30 issues, while his longest hiatus is 80 issues. The most recent break began in June 2016. Here is how things currently look, courtesy of the Hunter X Hunter Hiatus Chart:

kamuia8nyub4fraxh79onlsj1.png

Recently, it was announced that a Hunter X Hunter compilation will be released in late June. This led to speculation that Togashi was going to end the manga’s hiatus and new Hunter X Hunter was around the corner.

When Get News asked Hunter X Hunter’s publisher Shueisha if this meant the manga’s hiatus was going to end, it replied, “Regarding the serialization’s resumption, that is undecided at this current point. Once determined, it will be formally announced the magazine.”

For now, the hiatus continues!

Hopefully he won't play DQXI.

GunBR

Shocking

And with DQ XI releasing in the next months, we can give up on new chapters of HxH for the rest of the year

FStubbs

main-qimg-76ecdd5e0e68442fef337d015693d69a-c

I don't blame him. And I'm sure Dragon Quest X is fun, wish I could play.

I think a lot of these weekly publications need to think about going biweekly or something to give these guys some rest so they don't get burned out.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm waiting for him to finish the run before I read it.

I'm never reading Hunter X Hunter.

GunBR

I think a lot of these weekly publications need to think about going biweekly or something to give these guys some rest so they don't get burned out.
I don't know, the weekly schedule really is terrible but he could at least release a 20 pages chapter every month
Keep over a year without releasing anything looks too much

ISOM

The last time I checked out a Hunter X Hunter chapter, the pages looked like sketches. Is that still true?

PixelatedBookake

I'll hope that he has the entire story composed and written down and an editor will finish it. Honestly, it'll be easy for me to except the end of the Chairman election as the series' end. I'm even putting off reading the manga so I don't ever run out of material.

pa22word

Reading Berserk and Hunter x Hunter is a mistake.

I never started Hunter x Hunter for this reason.

Berserk is honestly enough for me after dealing with its extended lifeline. I really like Berserk, but it's a hard series to recommend because it's both so stupidly expensive to read and if the person actually likes it they have nothing to look forward to in the future but giant blue balls for the next two decades.

When someone tells me they want a harder manga I just tell them to read monster >.>

Rymuth

How could a hiatus continue? You either announce its end or you just keep going like its business as usual. :/

dennism

that hiatus chart is pretty crazy, wow. i knew he took alot but i didnt know he took a whole year off and more.

Reading Berserk and Hunter x Hunter is a mistake.

I learnt from berserk. Knew vagabond and hunter x hunter had hiatus fever so thought I would punish myself with one hiatus king so berserk it was and haven't touched either vagabond or hunter x hunter. Read musashi which basically covered the vagabond itch I had.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I have too much shit to do in my life. If this came back, it'd all go on hiatus, so I ain't mad.
Yeah I am. Damn it.

Nephtis

I rather they don't bring back HxX. The last "new" chapters have been crap, and to me, the manga ended with the chimera ant saga.

I'm done.

DNAbro

I would hope there is chance that the publisher of the volumes doesn't want to put an announcement ahead of Shonen Jump if it does come back. But if not UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHH. I'm a new fan and I feel so bad for long time fans. I don't know how you guys handle that.

squall23

That kind of flies in the face of what Kubo claims his life was like during Bleach's run. Namely a life of fun and happiness. I remember there was a huge deal made about the stuff he posts on twitter. He wasn't even gloating either, he just posts about nightclubs and wearing sunglasses indoors on a daily basis, and other such non-Bleach related stuff in his life.

Top Bottom