• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hurricane Season 2014 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

rostocker

two_atl_5d0.png

Well shit, should I be worried by that red thing in the graphic? From 13th of September till the 27th I am on vacation at the east coast :(

cajunator

Banned
Well shit, should I be worried by that red thing in the graphic? From 13th of September till the 27th I am on vacation at the east coast :(

nah. If it strengthens far out at sea it will do a recurve back out to sea before hitting land. The vast majority of hurricanes do a recurve but the bad ones hit land before the curve.

mo60

Hurricane Odile is now a major hurricane in the eastern pacific. It may end up as a category 5 before it weakens and hits baja california as a category 2 or 3.
10665762_790546280967831_3496850710448658767_n.jpg

Edouard in the atlantic may end up strengthening to a high end category 2 before it weakens according to the NHC. I wouldn't be surprised if it became a major hurricane.

mo60

EDOUARD was briefly a low end category 3 hurricane, but it went under an eyewall replacement cycle.

Here is the storm at it's peak.
UyOrli2.jpg

And some of the models are predicting a track in the future somewhat similar to hurricane Nadine in 2012 for Edouard.
BlGKpIh.png

Yamauchi

Banned
Some models are suggesting that Odile's remnant low could stall over the southern plains.

Gonna see some interesting rain patters in the southwest and in the southern plains over the next week.

Velcro Fly

I swear it's just a pipeline the last month or so with these hurricanes forming south of mexico and paralleling the coast. Pacific has been crazy active this year and as soon as one is gone another is close to forming. It's been almost constant since the reincarnations of Genevieve at the end of July/beginning of August. 14 hurricanes out of 18 named storms. Meanwhile the Atlantic seems to be slumbering peacefully this season.

mo60

It looks like tropical cyclone or soon to be tropical storm ana has formed in the central pacific. The track for this storm is really scary
z2AS3Su.gif

Invest 93L is born. Get ready for some rain Florida.

93L_tracks_latest.png

Looks like south florida is going to get either the east, west, north or south side
i think that covers all sides
of that regardless of where it goes. maybe we'll luck out and get some paid time off, it's been a while.

mo60

And tropical storm Hanna has formed. It most likely became a tropical depression and storm before the NHC noticed it.
173946W5_NL_sm.gif

And tropical storm Hanna has formed. It most likely became a tropical depression and storm before the NHC noticed it.
173946W5_NL_sm.gif

haha wow that was random.

NHC yesterday: oh there are some storms over Nicaragua. big deal
NHC today: Oh crap the center of the storm is actually over water! This changes everything!!

Velcro Fly

Tropical Storm Lance Vance Dance in the pacific.

I seriously check the NHC every day at work because I have nothing else to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom