• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 2 dated for PC, Rebirth 3 announced for PC

Shizuka

yWpSPLx.jpg

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generation will launch for PC via Steam on May 19, Idea Factory International announced.

The PC version will have 1080p graphics. Get the fact sheet below.

Story

20XX – Gamindustri faces a dire crisis. Shops are boarded up, creators are overworked and starving, and death looms over all Gamindustrimen. But the CPUs refuse to let this be game over for their world!

Gamindustri had severed its ties to the chaotic Lawless Realm long ago, and yet… Ever since the advent of ASIC – the Arfoire Syndicate of International Crime – morality has all but vanished. As much as 80 percent of all students are rumored to worship a being known as Arfoire. Parents, despite knowing it to be a poor deity to worship, have gone ahead and allowed their children to do so. Even the governing bodies of the world have turned a blind eye to it, rather than crush the crisis in its infancy. Well, basically, Gamindustri was pretty messed up, you guys. Ahem. Thus did Gamindustri fall into complete and utter disarray. Those who tire of living in this corrupt world are sent to wander the Gamindustri Graveyard, forever lost.

Key Features

Gamindustri in 1080! Experience all the humor, turn-based battle, and crazy HDD transformations of Re;Birth2 with the sheen of 1080p excellence!

Four or More for War! Have up to 4 characters on the battlefield, and 4 more on the sidelines, ready to jump in and give their support!

Stella goes Rogue! Send Stella out to brave Gamindustri’s dungeons in this realtime mini-game and she’ll collect all kinds of treasure for you – you just sit back and eat pudding! Be careful though, because if she dies in the dungeon, she’ll lose all her special gear!

The World’s your Oyster! Customize the Gamindustri experience with Plans, which allow you to do things like increase/decrease enemy difficulty, change the items you’ll receive from a dungeon, and more!

Build-a-Sword! Use Idea Chips and Blank Discs to create custom equipment that can open up new worlds of skill for you!

Source: Gematsu.

Bcx4z2P.jpg

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Generation is coming to PC this fall, Idea Factory International announced.

The PC version will have 1080p graphics.

The PS Vita version of the game is due out this summer. Get the full fact sheet below.

About

It’s time to Nep-Nep like it’s 1989. Neptune’s been sucked into an alternate dimension of Gamindustri! In order for her to escape from this late ’80s world, Neptune will have to collect enough shares to open up the path to her own dimension. Sounds easy enough – except a nefarious alliance called the Seven Sages wants to rid Gamindustri of all CPUs, including Neptune!

Forging cross-dimensional friendships, will Neptune be able to defeat the Seven Sages, save this alternate dimension and get back to her own, or will she be stuck in the ’80s forever?

Key Features

+1 to Combos! Customize attack combinations with up to five moves, opening up a whole new array of ways to defeat your enemies!

New Story! Play through new story and scenarios when someone else joins the Console War fray and refuses to play by the rules!

Bring a Dungeon Buddy! Stella’s Dungeon is back, and this time she can bring friends! Each is equipped with special skills that lend their support to Stella in her items quest, so choose wisely!

Remake in your Image! Modify the world of Gamindustri to your liking by creating “Plans” that alter dungeon treasures, enemy difficulty, and more!

Get Crafty! Customize powerful equipment that can unlock the true power of the CPUs, opening up a world of new skills for them to use!

Source: Gematsu.

Glad to hear, I'm just starting a playthrough of the Rebirth 1 on steam and really enjoying it as my first Neptunia game so far. It's looking like a day one purchase of Rebirth 2 for me and most likely 3 as well.

impact

Banned
It's really a shame that of all the JRPG franchises to come to Steam we get this vile series.

This shit makes Tales look S tier

Crayten

Banned
It's really a shame that of all the JRPG franchises to come to Steam we get this vile series.

See is from that Point. If these Games do well there is higher chance that also the good JRPG´s will find there way to Steam.

And yay for more nepnep

I think it's hilarious.

There's clearly a market for the genre on Steam, and numerous capable publishers.
But where are the games?

Can't get mad at Idea Factory for being part of the 1% that actually cares about getting JRPGs on the platform.

NepNep!

Banned
Such hate~

Say what you want about the gameplay of CH games, at least the characters are adorable and witty! When was the last Tales game that had that? Vesperia?

Did IFI mention anything about Fairy Fencer F? They announced that was coming a while back to PC...

Crayten

Banned
I think it's hilarious.

There's clearly a market for the genre on Steam, and numerous capable publishers.
But where are the games?

Can't get mad at Idea Factory for being part of the 1% that actually cares about getting JRPGs on the platform.

Also these ports are quite cheap at can be managed by small teams (2-4 ppl) and have allmost zero risk. Even with Sales in the 50k to 100k range they are a huge success and most of the JRPG´s dont even have that much overall sales worldwide. Except for some Series like Tales/FF/Persona that sell more Copies.

Nyoro SF

Also these ports are quite cheap at can be managed by small teams (2-4 ppl) and have allmost zero risk. Even with Sales in the 50k to 100k range they are a huge success and most of the JRPG´s dont even have that much overall sales worldwide. Except for some Series like Tales/FF/Persona that sell more Copies.

Yep. If a kinda-eh series like Neptunia can crack 70k, what do you think Persona 5 could do? It's really a no-brainer what would happen.

I think it's hilarious.

But where are the games?

I find it fucking hilarious that Idea Factory of all companies is leading the charge for this sort of thing; that is, rapidly placing their back catalog on Steam.

Such hate~

Say what you want about the gameplay of CH games, at least the characters are adorable and witty! When was the last Tales game that had that? Vesperia?

Did IFI mention anything about Fairy Fencer F? They announced that was coming a while back to PC...

NepNep!
NepNepNepNepNep
(Today, 12:02 PM)

Yeah, it's coming. The team behind these releases is small.

See is from that Point. If these Games do well there is higher chance that also the good JRPG´s will find there way to Steam.

And yay for more nepnep

it could also leave a bad taste in peoples mouth... especially for people who are new to the genre

ShyMel

Wow while I actually do enjoy the Neptunia games hearing that the first one has sold 65k+ on Steam seems crazy.

Hugstable

Banned

Then don't play it? Some enjoy the game, not everything needs to be for you.

Wow while I actually do enjoy the Neptunia games hearing that the first one has sold 65k+ on Steam seems crazy.

The RPG thirst on steam is real. I played through alot of Nep Nep1 on Steam and found it a pretty decently enjoyable lighthearted RPG. I mean it's very repetitive, but if you go in knowing what to expect, it can be pretty enjoyable, like I think the battle system is pretty fun, even if it gets kinda samey after awhile.

there are always new people to every genre on every platform. you cannot generalize anything.

I highly doubt anyone is gonna ignore RPG for so long and then look at Neptunia and be like "THIS! THIS IS THE ONE!" and make it their first RPG

sfried

I see this as a gateway for Falcom and others to start consider Steam as a viable source.

Who knows? Perhaps maybe even Nippon Ichi and Vanillaware might follow suit and have Steam releases in the future.

zeopower6

So you want nothing then...? I think it's pretty amazing that some of these are even popping up on Steam.

Shantom

I see this as a gateway for Falcom and others to start consider Steam as a viable source.

Who knows? Perhaps maybe even Nippon Ichi and Vanillaware might follow suit and have Steam releases in the future.

Falcom have 6 games on Steam already with more coming, so they certainly know. NISA released Cladun X2 on Steam years ago, put very little effort into promoting or supporting it, and it bombed.

HGH

Banned
Makes waaaay more sense, it was competing with the Witcher 3 and several other games that all release on the same week. Even if it's not the same audiences, coming out after everyone gets their paychecks is probably the better bet.

Durante

Yeah, that's a better release date.

Not that the exact release date matters as much on Steam for these back catalog releases as it does on other platforms.

vareon

I don't like the first Neptunia but as always, great to see more JRPG on PC. What are the chances that Rebirth 3 arrives earlier than Lightning Returns? lol

Eh it's a pretty solid B-tier jrpg. The sad truth is that outside the 2-3 AAA offerings from Nintendo/Square per generation now, these mid-tier games are all that's left of Japan's jrpg market.

May 19th seemed like such a odd date considering it forces it to compete against itself with Neptunia U coming out on the Vita as well.

cj_iwakura

Eh it's a pretty solid B-tier jrpg. The sad truth is that outside the 2-3 AAA offerings from Nintendo/Square per generation now, these mid-tier games are all that's left of Japan's jrpg market.

There's better devs out there, though. Falcom, Experience, hell, put Imageepoch on there.

At least IF could put their (marginally) less awful RPGs on Steam, like Generations of Chaos.

There's better devs out there, though. Falcom, Experience, hell, put Imageepoch on there.

At least IF could put their (marginally) less awful RPGs on Steam, like Generations of Chaos.
You say that as though IF putting their stuff out is somehow a negative to other companies putting their JRPGs out there.

As for the choice of game, well that's really up to them. If they put out Generations of Chaos first people would be calling them stupid and hating money for not putting out Neptunia first.

Eh.
Still can't get more than a couple hours into TiTS.
Would love Experience's PC releases, but they're D-RPGs, not the same thing.
Image Epoch? Looks like they produce a bunch of S-RPGs. No thanks.

Durante

The only Japanese developer actually consistently creating quality console JRPGs at a good pace these days is Gust.

That sucks compared to Neptunia Rebirth.

Kusagari

I've played basically every Imageepoch game released in America and nothing they made is anywhere near as decent as the later Neptunia games.

I know a lot of people loved 7th Dragon but that never came over here.

cj_iwakura

I've played basically every Imageepoch game released in America and nothing they made is anywhere near as decent as the later Neptunia games.

I know a lot of people loved 7th Dragon but that never came over here.

I loved Black Rock Shooter and Fate Extra, but that's just me(and a few other crazies).

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member

Neptunia games are mediocre, but that's only because the dungeon design is non-existent and characters don't feel unique in a gameplay sense. They're still worth buying if the price is right.

Wonko_C

Never paid attention to this series but after reading Pete Davison's review over at moegamer and finding out this has a combat system lifted from Xenogears I'm adding this to my Steam wishlist.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Bummed that it got pushed back but it makes sense. Just bought Valkyria Chronicles recently, so that and Witcher 3 will keep me occupied until then.

Never paid attention to this series but after reading Pete Davison's review over at moegamer and finding out this has a combat system lifted from Xenogears I'm adding this to my Steam wishlist.

Uhh, they're nothing alike at all when it comes to combat lol. Gears uses the ATB system, these use a turn based system that is similar to FFX, only in these you can actually move your characters around on the field some.

Top Bottom