• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 2 dated for PC, Rebirth 3 announced for PC

There's better devs out there, though. Falcom, Experience, hell, put Imageepoch on there.

At least IF could put their (marginally) less awful RPGs on Steam, like Generations of Chaos.

To reiterate what others have said, the Neptunia Rebirth games are orders of magnitude better than most of Imageepoch's stuff. Falcom would be nice, but their flagship series doesn't even get localized for the west. All we've been getting are ports and remakes of super old games from them.

cj_iwakura

Or, maybe you could just learn that you're not everyone's personal arbiter of taste. Just like what you like, and let others like what they like -- without you resorting to insulting them.

I wouldn't put it as harshly, but I agree. Neptunia titles give RPGs a bad name. It's kind of sad that they're leading the charge.

NEO0MJ

Also, I was expecting way worse when you said that pic was disgusting, lawl.

image.php

impact

Banned
Also, aren't you forgetting about Falcom? even if I'm pretty sure that I've seen you say that you have played Origin and Oath in the past.

After I played Ys MoC I tend to do that :'(

is Ys VI more like Oath/Origin or like 7/MoC? It's the only Steam Ys I don't have.

After I played Ys MoC I tend to do that :'(

is Ys VI more like Oath/Origin or like 7/MoC? It's the only Steam Ys I don't have.

Ys VI is like Oath/Origin, they use the same engine and are pretty similar, but just know that it was a game that came out before Oath/Origin and it's not as good as those titles. It was their first try with the new formula and it feels unrefined and the boss battles leave a lot to be desired.

It's still easily worth playing if you enjoyed Oath and Origin.

Lain

So have come to the realization that the beta never happened.

Maybe it happened and the people signed NDAs that prevent them to even mention being accepted in the beta or face remote deactivation of their Steam accounts~

It's pretty sad if the beta really never happened.

Maybe it happened and the people signed NDAs that prevent them to even mention being accepted in the beta or face remote deactivation of their Steam accounts~

I'd actually assume that it did end up happening since there's screenshots for Rebirth 2 in the Rebirth 1 screenshot section. Based on the problems with Rebirth 1 also, 2 likely had a lot of problems and they wanted to get more of the issues out of the way over the next 2 weeks.

Because people whose opinions I value have. And I generally dislike IF games on principle since Chaos Wars. I'm of the opinion that they need to stick to otomes.

Because clearly the Neptunia series is in the same league of shit as Chaos Wars right? If we're talking bottom of the barrel here, then Chaos Wars fills the bottom, making it so Neptunia can't even take up any of that space.

cj_iwakura

Because clearly the Neptunia series is in the same league of shit as Chaos Wars right? If we're talking bottom of the barrel here, then Chaos Wars fills the bottom, making it so Neptunia can't even take up any of that space.

Well, someone at IF who's now very rich decided that they could cover up bad gameplay by adding cheesecake and mascots.

I understand they have such a bad reputation in Japan they developed the Compile Heart brand to avoid being called 'アイディアファック'.

Avalt

Am I missing something? On the steam page here the game has an "Overwhelmingly Positive" user review rating of 96%. That's higher then gems like Dark Souls or Valkyria Chronicles. The people who bought the game clearly enjoyed it. I don't understand the hate for Neptune : (

Am I missing something? On the steam page here the game has an "Overwhelmingly Positive" user review rating of 96%. That's higher then gems like Dark Souls or Valkyria Chronicles. The people who bought the game clearly enjoyed it. I don't understand the hate for Neptune : (

I am not a fan of this series, nor fond of it, but friends of mine who do like it tell me only the original version of the first game is genuinely bad and the rest have been climbing in quality.

cheesekao

Probably an echo chamber effect. Most of the people who bought the game are likely to be fans of the series to begin with.

ArjanN

Someone on my Steam friends took a screenshot of this game (NFSW, NFSL) and uploaded to the front of his profile

Fucking disgusting. Mods plz let me know if I need to remove that link, but there is no way I would ever support or play a game with this kind of shit. Just a damn shame of all the JRPG series to come to Steam... this does.

To everyone jumping on me, maybe try playing some better JRPGs.

Joke post?

I was expecting you to post something other than some pretty mild cheesecake shot.

Faabulous

Don't sweat it. I love me some Nep-nep, and I'm sure a lot of other people do too, it's just not for everyone.

Fucking disgusting. Mods plz let me know if I need to remove that link, but there is no way I would ever support or play a game with this kind of shit. Just a damn shame of all the JRPG series to come to Steam... this does.

To everyone jumping on me, maybe try playing some better JRPGs.

You think that's disgusting? Welp, are you one of those people that brandish their sticks to women that show skin on the street?

Do you know that scene is animated? I bet you'd be even more disgusted if you saw it moving.

Jazz573

I don't understand why Rebirth 3 is a thing. Isn't it a remake of Victory? The Rebirth games are based on it's engine so it doesn't make sense to me.

cj_iwakura

Well I'm not aware of what that poster may or may not have done in the past so just take my post as a general statement.

I'm a pretty vocal opponent of IF. I tend to avoid the OTs, though. If people enjoy them, more power to them, but I'll always try to warn the unfamiliar.

Tohsaka

I don't understand why Rebirth 3 is a thing. Isn't it a remake of Victory? The Rebirth games are based on it's engine so it doesn't make sense to me.

No reason not to remake all three games really, if they already had the first two done. I agree that Victory was pretty much fine as-is, though.

rrvv

Well, someone at IF who's now very rich decided that they could cover up bad gameplay by adding cheesecake and mascots.

I understand they have such a bad reputation in Japan they developed the Compile Heart brand to avoid being called 'アイディアファック'.

Honestly that is like saying EA is "worse company in america". when in reality those are exaggerated. Sure EA have it's own problem. but that it mean every game that they make is bad? Pretty sure the answer is no.

Same goes to Compile Heart. Sure their game is quite pandering in some way. But as Neptunia game goes. Is no where near bad game (other than first game).

cj_iwakura

Honestly that is like saying EA is "worse company in america". when in reality those are exaggerated. Sure EA have it's own problem. but that it mean every game that they make is bad? Pretty sure the answer is no.

You're right, IF does make good games; their otome visual novels. I think they're terrible at RPGs. They can do good stories when they don't pander.

I'm a pretty vocal opponent of IF. I tend to avoid the OTs, though. If people enjoy them, more power to them, but I'll always try to warn the unfamiliar.
If that's really your intention you could do a much better job of actually explaining why they are bad games instead of just spreading general negativity
So far it seems like all you like to do is telling everyone how much you hate IF

Risette

A Good Citizen
Not enough to shit up every thread pertaining to games developed by that company.
not just limited to thread about IF/CH games, but even in unrelated threads like the imageepoch bankruptcy thing, it's somehow neptunia's fault.
If that's really your intention you could do a much better job of actually explaining why they are bad games instead of just spreading general negativity
it's hard to do that when he hasn't played the games.

cj_iwakura

So far it seems like all you like to do is telling everyone how much you hate IF

Their combat systems are repetitive and mediocre at best. All they have going for them are their mascots and writing. They never innovate. At least Imageepoch tried different things, and you'd think those guys were the devil going by general impressions here.

Anyway, I'll drop it here, I'll let the game be discussed from here on out.

I can't find this in the thread, source Gematsu
Normally $29.99, it will be available at 50% off for the first few days of launch
Pricing is the same as Re:Birth 1 which seems to have worked well.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Please do not post or link to NSFW material just to express outrage about it, especially if the only intent is to call out moderators to "LOOK AT THIS". If you have a legit complaint about something, send a PM to active moderators. Do not derail threads with such activity. Thanks.

HGH

Banned
So have come to the realization that the beta never happened.

Like someone else said, it did happen. I saw pictures and know people who played it. They just can't talk about it. I am honestly amazed no one leaked the beta build or something.

I seriously wish that HardcoreGaming101 page didn't exist because people are still parroting it when even in Japan that's no longer the case.
And I'm sure Naoko Mizuno is rolling in the dough like all those other Japanese game developers. I bet she's laughing at all those dumb otaku buying her games, all 30000 copies of them!

Definitely picking this up at release with the launch pricing. Recently finished a Rebirth 1 playthrough on Steam and quite enjoyed it. Colorful, often funny, and plays better than expected. May try a quick replay to get some characters I missed first time but other games have my attention for now.

And I'm sure Naoko Mizuno is rolling in the dough like all those other Japanese game developers. I bet she's laughing at all those dumb otaku buying her games, all 30000 copies of them!
90k dumb gaijin otaku bought it on Steam alone

Their combat systems are repetitive and mediocre at best. All they have going for them are their mascots and writing. They never innovate. At least Imageepoch tried different things, and you'd think those guys were the devil going by general impressions here.

Anyway, I'll drop it here, I'll let the game be discussed from here on out.

Just so you know, and this is coming from someone that has stupid high standards when it comes to JRPGs, I'm surprised by this series, they seem to slowly make better games from the awful crap they started with, so I wouldn't blindly hate it. These are also games that are pretty funny, and there's a big lack of "funny" games that don't take themselves seriously in this industry.

I'm just glad the games are also on PC now because one thing I could not fucking stand about the PS3 stuff was how awful they were technically speaking, and it seems like the PS4 game runs really well so the games running like shit seem to be a thing of the past now.

Now all I need is for them to make quests more interesting and hopefully no more stupid scout systems.

Top Bottom