• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: Fi confirmed in Famitsu magazine

The Imprisoned....?
michael-scott-no.gif

kewlmyc

This is a Musou game, MUSOU GAME. Why aren't the villains playable? Musou game usually have you fighting guys on the roster as bosses, but this game doesn't seem to so far. Dammit, I want to play as Zant and Ghirahim. Also Groose pls.

However, this game is being released in August, so there is still some time for them to announce more characters. Please announce all villains so far as playable.

Can we try to keep some information out of topic titles? I'm trying to avoid as much information as possible before the release of games because I miss the days when I'd actually be surprised when playing a game instead of reading nearly everything about it online before launch.

There is a 100% chance she will be my main choice.

Yeah she talked too much and was one of the (few, for me) annoying points of the game, but I liked her design and theme music.

emb

Awesome. As much as I hate her hints, she's a cool character. Looking forward to the trailer.

And I'm just gonna assume Zant and Ghirahim are playable later on... but stuff like the Imprisoned and the TP dragon are only bosses.

K-A-Deman

Can we try to keep some information out of topic titles? I'm trying to avoid as much information as possible before the release of games because I miss the days when I'd actually be surprised when playing a game instead of reading nearly everything about it online before launch.

Your argument doesn't make much sense. the character announcement is the reason behind the topic, and is meant to draw us in to read about the additioanal information. And we're still about a month away from release; They'ed have to be posting directs if they wanted to spell out the whole game, or this would be a very short and small concept...

RiggyRob

You're on the wrong forum for that.

Javier

This is a Musou game, MUSOU GAME. Why aren't the villains playable? Musou game usually have you fighting guys on the roster as bosses, but this game doesn't seem to so far. Dammit, I want to play as Zant and Ghirahim. Also Groose pls.

However, this game is being released in August, so there is still some time for them to announce more characters. Please announce all villains so far as playable.
Wasn't Zant already confirmed playable?

Fi's okay, I guess. Still hoping for Irene.

sörine

Banned

You'll have to wait for Hyrule Warriors Xtreme Legends for that.

Son Of D

It's possible that we won't know about playable villains until after it releases. They could be holding it back as a "surprise".

One piece warriors 1 had no playable bad guys

I blame all these females on people whining about Link during E3 and Aonuma thinking we never want another male character in Zelda again.

Anteo

Most of Link's allies have always been females. He has had male rivals (Mido, Groose) but they usually don't compare to Link. The only other males I really would want are a Zora and a Goron. I hope the 3 goddesses make a return as their Oracle game incarnations.

oracles.jpg

Well Lana is Nayru...

Most of Link's allies have always been females. He has had male rivals (Mido, Groose) but they usually don't compare to Link. The only other males I really would want are a Zora and a Goron. I hope the 3 goddesses make a return as their Oracle game incarnations.

oracles.jpg

If we're going to get a Zora I want Princess Ruto! Another waifu to add to the collection...

more importantly it looks like there's going to be a SS costume for zelda

And for Link! Super pumped about both. I was seriously upset we didn't get skyward sword link proper in smash. The skyward suit is nice(in smash) but that link is way creepy looking.

TDLink

Not yet, sadly.

I'm getting worried now.

Apart from the tease in the E3 trailer, Aonuma heavily implied that Ganondorf would be playable on the treehouse stream. So we will almost certainly get him, at the very least. That said, I can't see them excluding the humanoid villains they have revealed so far like Zant and (apparently?) Ghirahim. The work of putting them in the game is already done, only makes sense to make them controllable too.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Apart from the tease in the E3 trailer, Aonuma heavily implied that Ganondorf would be playable on the treehouse stream. So we will almost certainly get him, at the very least. That said, I can't see them excluding the humanoid villains they have revealed so far like Zant and (apparently?) Ghirahim. The work of putting them in the game is already done, only makes sense to make them controllable too.

maybe they'll not be playable in the story mode, but they'll probably be in the "Dream mode" or whatever

Of all the characters so far this is the one I'm most intrigued to see how they play out, deadly blade skating and ear splitting robo wailing could well be on the cards.

Platy

The more I think about it the best it sounds ....

You are CONTROLLING her .. so it is not like she will be talking that much ... and she is a PLAYABLE SWORD IN A MUSOU GAME !

Pociask

Master - did you hear that? I have completed my analysis of the Famitsu news, and there is an 85% chance that I will be a playable character in the upcoming Zeruda game. There is a 50% chance that my attacks will be based upon annoying the enemies by continually reminding them of things they already know, and a 60% chance I will use creepy song and dance routines to knockback my foes.

Your argument doesn't make much sense. the character announcement is the reason behind the topic, and is meant to draw us in to read about the additioanal information. And we're still about a month away from release; They'ed have to be posting directs if they wanted to spell out the whole game, or this would be a very short and small concept...

Do we really need a new topic for every different piece if information about this game? It seems to me that this should have been confined to a single topic covering everything about the game.

You're on the wrong forum for that.

I thought that people would have a bit of compassion for those who may not want to know everything about a game before playing it. If this isn't the case, I'll just stick to the Steam thread. It does seem ridiculous that everything about a game needs to be posted to get as much attention as possible. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has tried to go on a media blackout before the release of a game.

Did you not read online forums years ago or read magazines? Because both had tons of information prior to release. Secrets didn't exist - you knew what characters would be in way before release. You must be new.

Also, I suggest a little thing called "media blackout".

Nyoro SF

I thought that people would have a bit of compassion for those who may not want to know everything about a game before playing it. If this isn't the case, I'll just stick to the Steam thread. It does seem ridiculous that everything about a game needs to be posted to get as much attention as possible. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has tried to go on a media blackout before the release of a game.

You can't half ass a media blackout. If you don't want details don't come into the discussion thread.

KHlover

Banned
Do we really need a new topic for every different piece if information about this game? It seems to me that this should have been confined to a single topic covering everything about the game.

NeoGAF Gaming Discussion said:
Video game news, industry analysis, sales figures, deals, impressions, reviews, and discussions of everything in the medium, covering all platforms, genres, and territories.

Right there in the forum description (first bullet point even). Don't want to discuss video game news? Don't visit a news forum, easy as that.

Marjar

Banned
I never really got the hate for Fi. She's not as good as Midna or King of Red Lions, but she's still a decent character. Way better than Navi and Tatl at least.

Interested in seeing her moveset.

Although I'm probably more happy to see SS Zelda aka Best Zelda is in the game.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
maybe PM a mod about this "Hyrule title thread" issue could be the right way? please

back to the topic: could we hope to see a video tomorrow? usually Famitsu upload screens and videos on the site after having revelad something int he magazine, right?

Kinsei

Banned
I hope we get some male character reveals soon, the ratio is completely messed up right now.

I never really got the hate for Fi. She's not as good as Midna or King of Red Lions, but she's still a decent character. Way better than Navi and Tatl at least.

Navi and Tatl never stopped you and told you the solution to a puzzle against your will in the fifth dungeon.

Fi is great even if her in-game hints are sometimes too much.

Hope we get Groose soon. There has to be at least one other male character right

Nyoro SF

I'm sure lots more characters are coming, I can wait.

Right now I'm interested the most in Lana. Looks like she has some of the better screen covering attacks, plus that block rolling attack is so... Zelda-y that I can't resist trying her out first (if she's not locked)

Same about Fi and...

oh-my-god.gif

I didn't even look down there, AHHHHHHH, That was the last thing I needed to confirm that I will buy this day one, SS Zelda and Link. HYPE!

Kouichi

Can't wait to see how Fi plays.

Hmm, a lot of assumed that each costume set would also come with a third Ganondorf costume since each set is referred to as courage, wisdom, and power separately. If this is true, what would be Ganondorf's costume for the Skyward Sword set? Also while I'm on the topic, it's a safe bet that the last set will have OOT costumes.

Golnei

I hope we get some male character reveals soon, the ratio is completely messed up right now.

Why is there so much vitriol directed towards the game's perceived gender bias? Casts with primarily male characters receive only a fraction of the salt.

TDLink

The only real relevant male supporting characters in the 3D console games are Darunia (OOT) and Groose (SS). I kind of expect both of them to be in the game, but frankly Zelda is very much a series that is primarily filled with female characters. Link and the villains are typically the males.

I still expect the villains revealed so far to be playable too though.

Kinsei

Banned
Why is there so much vitriol directed towards the game's perceived gender bias? Casts with primarily male characters receive only a fraction of the salt.

It's because the Zelda series has a ton of awesome male characters that would be great in this game.

I have my own reasons for disliking it separate from that, but I'm most likely being overly cynical.

I love how after every character announcement people act like this is the final announcement, nobody else is going to be in the game, and they start bitching about X, Y and Z not being in. How about waiting until release so we know the entire roster?

I'm delighted by the strong female representation, it illustrates how a lot of Link's allies have actually been women. Agitha is maybe a bit Rocket Raccoon but Zelda, Impa, Fi and Midna are all integral to the series.

The only important males I can think of off the top of my head that aren't grimdark baddies are Darunia, Rauru and Groose tbh, most of the Sages were girls too. Maybe Tingle. Unless people want a bunch of male Agithas from left-field just to make them happy. I'm sure that a lot of these villains (Ganon, Zant, Ghirahim, the new ones) will be unlockable too. There, men.

Fi is going to be my Pink Gold Peach, people can hate all they like but I know who the tru queen is.

Top Bottom