• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I’ll show you my stack if you show me yours 🤫😏

simpatico

7Ym4Lmi.jpeg

What do you guys have today? Can anyone drop more classics?

ssringo

H3KxWWF.jpg

I have more but I'm not digging through storage for it all. Just what I could find with a little searching.

Names starting from top left

SMB/Duck Hunt
Track and Field II
The Ultimate Stuntman
Donkey Kong 3
Dr. Mario
Gauntlet
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade
Metal Gear
Infiltrator
StarTropics
Castlevania II
Skate or Die
Castlevania

Lunar Silver Star Story collector's edition book

Super Metroid
Final Fantasy III
Illusion of Gaia
Final Fantasy II
Legend of Zelda: ALttP
Chrono Trigger
ExciteBike
Kung Fu
Kung Fu Heroes
Skate or Die 2
Double Dragon
Metroid
Pro Wrestling
Legend of Zelda
Adventure of Link

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
H3KxWWF.jpg

I have more but I'm not digging through storage for it all. Just what I could find with a little searching.

Names starting from top left

SMB/Duck Hunt
Track and Field II
The Ultimate Stuntman
Donkey Kong 3
Dr. Mario
Gauntlet
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade
Metal Gear
Infiltrator
StarTropics
Castlevania II
Skate or Die
Castlevania

Lunar Silver Star Story collector's edition book

Super Metroid
Final Fantasy III
Illusion of Gaia
Final Fantasy II
Legend of Zelda: ALttP
Chrono Trigger
ExciteBike
Kung Fu
Kung Fu Heroes
Skate or Die 2
Double Dragon
Metroid
Pro Wrestling
Legend of Zelda
Adventure of Link
818 is hands down my favorite NES game of all time 😂

This reminds me, boxart and manual art used to be something great didn't it? Would set the imagination running wild!

Not the case these days.
Sure did. I love manuals. I got RE5 used the other day and though the manual wasn't amazing, I was really pleased it had one for me to flip through before playing the game. I miss manuals, some of them used to be amazing like Star Wars Rebellion or Diablo for PC.

Sleepwalker

Sure did. I love manuals. I got RE5 used the other day and though the manual wasn't amazing, I was really pleased it had one for me to flip through before playing the game. I miss manuals, some of them used to be amazing like Star Wars Rebellion or Diablo for PC.

I miss manuals so much. I would read them over and over as a kid, getting a new game was a big event so I would carefully examine the artwork and the manual. I also would scribble notes and cheats on paper and store it within the case!

simpatico

Played some NHL 94 today and the manual must be 100 pages. For a yearly sports title.

DaGwaphics

I always read through my manuals before playing back in the day. Some of them really set the stage for the games lore in the booklet. Though I guess in the 16bit days it was hard to pass off that much information in the game itself.

Ozzie666

Still something about cartridges, gets me everytime. More expensive, but suprerior. The boxes, the manuals, it's all just pure glory. Eveven the N64 line up has some gems and great memories.
Some really nice stuff on display here. I don't see any Master system gems here though!

BlackTron

And the big guns are out. Is this what you wanted to see? I would have shown the N64 carts as an actual stack except, the sides aren't labeled lol. I think carts are the real eye-candy but disc games are old enough to "count" too. So you'll get GC and PS3 but I think I will abstain from PS4 games. Switch games are carts so...deal with it lol

8vb1lxN.jpg
72aIeKb.jpg

waND7ZM.jpg

pjmItCi.jpg

EzXVm6Q.jpg

lxKhWks.jpg

Bonus, here are all the empty boxes from when my portable games were stolen over a decade ago.

fRYDdwz.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Random shelf of yet unsorted Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Virtual Boy, PS3, and Xbox stuff

PZhtL5W.png

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Here's all I have left of my Mega Drive and Master System games

kj6YsA7.jpeg
Hardball 1 on Genesis was a solid playing baseball game. Smooth batter/pitcher view and gameplay. Too bad it had fake players and teams.

One thing that seemed bugged was one time (only once) did the umpire say in digited voice "side retired" when a team changed over.

Last edited:
Hardball 1 on Genesis was a solid playing baseball game. Smooth batter/pitcher view and gameplay. Too bad it had fake players and teams.

One thing that seemed bugged was one time (only once) did the umpire say in digited voice "side retired" when a team changed over.
I still love the speech in Hardball 1. Accolade art was the best too IMO

Top Bottom