• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am sick of the games not titled Overwatch

sappyday

I haven't played much of it since the Chinese event but I know I'm a go back to it eventually.

Right now though Persona 5 has been consuming my life

matt05891

I was like that with League of Legends for awhile. I still play it quite often but it definitely doesn't scratch the same itch so I now I fill it with other games on the side. Currently it's Kerbal Space Program but I feel that starting to get old.

munroe

If anything I'm sick of Overwatch, I don't find it fun to play and it just frustrates me, especially when it comes to matchmaking

If they kept the PvE stuff in, I'd probably play it more.

Nyx

I played over 200 hours in the first 6 months, but when BF1 came out I almost never played OW anymore. Not that I'm playing BF1 daily, but I have been playing lots of other games since then.

Lol

Having abilities makes it a hack?

And what makes it a real fps or not?

Better tell Tribes it's just an fps with a speed and low gravity hack and thus is not a real FPS

when those "abilities" replicate exactly the shit that people buy hacks for in the first place, absolutely

as for what makes something a real fps

hitboxes that arent trash. nothing should ever auto aim in infantry v infantry situations. netcode that isnt trash. no pressing a single button to make you or your team mostly impervious for however many seconds. no press q to kill the entire enemy team. maps that arent 95% chokepoint after chokepoint etc etc

these reasons, and many many more, are why this game has the most awful community. even at the games highest ranking level the players are comically bad

Zemm

Looks like the issue is you playing average games. The one great game you played, you completed. Try playing more great games maybe?

Ive only made it to the boss of the elephant beast in Zelda cause of Overwatch.

Ive only made near the end of the first castle of P5 cause of Overwatch

TwiztidElf

So, OP played Overwatch and Bayonetta, and then felt other games were lacking?
Funny that...

You just played the best multiplayer and singleplayer games respectively in forever. I had massive gaming fatigue after Bayonetta when it came out on XB360. It just put the bar so far ahead.

Had this feeling with Destiny.

Bought other games I wanted to play, played them for like 10mins tops and went back to Destiny.

Overwatch hasn't quite gotten a hold of me in this way, it's more my "low on time, let's smash a few rounds in game."

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, I'm just now getting round to playing other games since Destiny got released.

Got one helluva backlog now :I

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It happens when you get hooked on a good multiplayer game, and that's a great thing! Instead of continually dropping money on new games you're getting your money's worth out of one game.

At this time nothing has my undivided attention. Black Mesa has been my go to game as of late, but nothing has managed to sink it's hooks into me.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
i go through phases like that, rocket league dominated my gaming for around 400 hours. its more enjoyable that way. playing bits of games sucks.
now its zelda

Zen Aku

That's what I felt like for almost a year. But right now I haven't been playing nearly as much. Down from 15 games a night to maybe 2-3. Sometimes I don't even log on at all. I've been playing Elder Scrolls Online and revisiting single player games I've never finished aka my backlog. It's actually pretty refreshing to take a break, or at least lessen my time in Overwatch.

I'm trying to get into the lore of ESO, cause it's getting pretty good.

It's OK. Sometimes we are just weird with gaming. For example, I can't make myself go back to BotW. It's just an OK game to me that doesn't reach the emotional level of games like NieR Automata or Horizon. I know it's a good game, but it may not be for me.

Paragon and Mario Kart take up my multiplayer time. I have 30 days in Paragon and no signs of slowing down.

We all like what we like. Nothing right or wrong about it.

Just go with what suits you. In the past 6 months -

i have complete:
Horizon zero dawn

I have started and not finished:
Persona 5 (done first dungeon)
Arigami (played half then stopped)

Apart from that i have pretty much just been playing sfv. Maybe the odd game of overwatch and a touch of hearthstone.

Its simply down to time. I play roughly 4 nights a week for 60-90 mins in a sitting and i like to just play some matches of SFV for the most part. Single player games mostly feel like they need a much longer commitment to feel i am getting anywhere. Also a lot just feel like i have been there done that. I used to play LoL before my son arrived but a game that takes 45-60 mins uninterrupted is a no go right now. 5-10 mins is perfect, so a Street Fighter V set, fps match or game of hearthstone works really well.

Tastes change as you grow and time constraints change. No doubt when my son is older and i have more time i will either play more single player stuff or game with him if he finds it interesting but right now this suits me much better.

Crzy1

Overwatch definitely needs some more meat on it's bones. It's great and all, but the lack of any really meaningful content additions has been a letdown. After several hundred hours of playing, I just don't find it nearly as fun as I used to.

It took the majority of my gaming time last year, so that's pretty major, but find that I'm not compelled to play it right now. I did go back for the Uprising event (becuz skinz, lolz), but haven't touched it much since that event ended. Maybe the anniversary update will have something interesting that gives it more legs, but I doubt it.

Edit: I don't think it's necessarily a problem that you're stuck on one game, OP. Eventually you'll get tired of it and put it down for the next thing that interests you. I've been playing a lot of Red Dead Redemption recently and I think I may end up completing it again. It's a 7 year old game that plays better now than it did when it released thanks to X1 backwards compatibility. If you don't want to play anything except Overwatch right now, you probably shouldn't. Those great games are still going to be great in a few months time when you've burned yourself out.

Ritzboof

I played 3 games of Overwatch and felt like I had enough.

Different strokes.

this is a niceish summary of how i feel. i havent played overwatch tbh, but i feel like i have a good idea of how it plays, and it fascinates me that someone can just not help but play it so much that all other video games are hard to enjoy

honestly, im sick of games titled overwatch

when those "abilities" replicate exactly the shit that people buy hacks for in the first place, absolutely

hitboxes that arent trash. nothing should ever auto aim in infantry v infantry situations. netcode that isnt trash. no pressing a single button to make you or your team mostly impervious for however many seconds. no press q to kill the entire enemy team. maps that arent 95% chokepoint after chokepoint etc etc

these reasons, and many many more, are why this game has the most awful community. even at the games highest ranking level the players are comically bad
- there's counters
- hit boxes aren't flawless but it's Blizzard's first fps and they've patched them multiple times to make them better
- there's counters
- net code is the best out of any console fps I have by far
- there's counters
- map design could use some variety but sounds like you'd like control maps
- then you must be at least a master right

Kashiwaba

I think most people got this game which they always keep going back to it, for me it's SFV but every once in a while i get bored of it and feel like i need a break from it and i start playing other games till i start missing it again and go back to it.

HelloMeow

It's an amazing game and I would probably be still playing it, if it weren't for the frustratingly slow matchmaking. I just don't have the patience to wait and wait and wait every single match.

I don't know how people put up with it.

I played a game of Overwatch and suddenly appreciated every other game I have so much more.
I do have a problem with League of Legends taking up a lot of my gaming time though.

Anne

Lol like what?

The core feedback loop is just really strong and is really propped up by a gacha system. The game puts you in servers for long amounts of time, plays in a loop of distinct phases, has rewards like Play of the Game to keep you going, and gives you a gacha box every half hour or so. The fact that some of the modes like ranked and arcade encourage you to spend lots of time in there to get even more gacha boxes or a stable rank number are motivators too.

It's not like evil or something, but I can't help but point out it's a really well thought out way to keep playing. The shameless event after event they got going on is just on top of it.

I love Overwatch, and I really don't think Blizz is like some evil dudes about stuff like this. Heinous i sa bad word to describe it I guess. They just have a history of really knowing how to use player psych to keep people in their games.

- there's counters no relevance
- hit boxes aren't flawless but it's Blizzard's first fps and they've patched them multiple times to make them better they are exactly the same as they were at launch
- net code is the best out of any console fps I have by far netcode is trash by good pc standards. in fact, i challenge any gaffer to provide a single video of a game of overwatch being played without the lag indicator flashing consistently throughout the entirety of the match
- map design could use some variety but sounds like you'd like control maps they for sure are the least trashy maps. but even then the control points are too small, and you have to suffer through chokes just to get to them should the enemy capture it.
- then you must be at least a master right yep

added in replies

I played it quite a bit at the start but when comp came I stopped. People take it too seriously and forget that it's just a game imo.

SeanR1221

Last I checked I was over 120 hours which is a lot for me (especially since it only counts in game time).

I still rather play overwatch than most games.

Nev

Banned
I on the other hand had enough after 30ish hours. It's fun for a while but once team composition and tryhardism comes in it gets boring, as expected from a character-based game with 25 characters and no way to alter them.

Imagine League of Legends with no resource management, no items, no customization and 10% of its roster.

No interest in repeating the same shallow ARAM matches over and over but to each their own.

added in replies

No relevance? lmao, the fact that it has counters to your complaints is actually 100% relevant as it makes them moot.

Also you're factually wrong about the hitboxes not being improved, you can watch comparison videos and read the official patch notes if you'd like.

And I'd ask for proof about the masters claim but I know it would be in vain.

oh just noticed the lag indicator reply, uh I'm sure anyone can do that with ease lmao. Do you live in Antarctica by chance?

Wamb0wneD

Theres 2 wallhack abilities and one auto aim ulti. Wow. If you can press q to kill the entire enemy team then that team is just bad.

Wubbys

Yeah. I played the open beta for 3-4 hours. "Ok, I think I'm good."

I wasnt in love with the game the first time I played it either. I was actually on team Battleborn for a bit (gasp). I think its one of those games where the more you play it you realize how deep the rabbit hole goes. The staying power of the game for me has been the trickle of new content and a solid group of friends playing the game.

IISANDERII

But how it is addiction when i didnt play game for weeks.it just that when i do activity of playing video games i only play this spesific title. It doesnt haunt me in sleep or taking sick to play it
Because it's not a chemical addiction like drugs or booze. It's a psychological addiction like gambling, weed or shopping.

Top Bottom