• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I bought an Xbox One S but I hardly ever use it

phant0m

Biggest reason I bought it over the PS4 is 4K Blu-ray. EA Access was also a factor.

Yep, my One S is mostly a bluray player (my harmony IR remote doesn't work with PS4), the number of xbox exclusives is very grim. Last 2 games I sank any time into were FH3/Hotwheelz and Gears 4. My Gold sub has even lapsed at this point.

brau

No biggie OP. I got the XB1S for the 4K player. I tried using it to play Halo and Sunset Overdrive but ended up playing Lost Odyssey and some RDR. But ultimately, 90% of the time is on its for a 4K bluray.

Actually i miss my XB1S right now as i just got a new OLED TV and would love to benchmark it with some of my 4k library.

DxD

Banned
I don't even know why I still buy consoles.
PS4, collecting dust after playing FF12-RM.
Switch, collecting dust after playing BOTW.

PS4 will finally get some usage though with Ys 8 releasing soon.
Then after that...back to PC again.

But yeah, if I am having a problem with PS4/Switch collecting dust.
It must be really bad for XB1 gamers.
XB has no games this 2017.
PS4/Switch have so many Spring-Summer exclusives.
Beside FPS/racing exclusives, I have no idea why a PC gamer or any gamer should be buying a XB1 over a PS4 since you get every big major 3rd publisher releases on the PS4 but with more varied genres and titles from Sony internal studios and Japanese partnerships.
It is a losing battle for the next generation as well with the way MS wants Win 10 to dominate PC space.
You would only buy XB brand if you only want to play Halo/Forza for exclusives....but those IPs are going to Win 10 as well.
Shrug.
I don't know...But I need to cut back buying the newest console though.
Everything is collecting dust but my PC.

sephiroth7x

I spend more time updating it than playing it...

I have a PS4 and an Xbox One and finally decided to start playing GOW4.

After a small update to the system (300mb) I put on the PS4 while it was updating. Then turned on GOW4 and it needed a 40gb update... suffice to say, by the time it was actually finished I could be bothered anymore...

Story of the Xbox's life, always seems to be updating something I want to play...

Certinty

Besides the occasional 4K BR, my S is basically a Forza Horizon 3 machine. Even then I play that maybe once every two months these days.

Pretty much played every other exclusive and I own most EA Access games and other multiplats on the PS4.

JettDash

Besides the occasional 4K BR, my S is basically a Forza Horizon 3 machine. Even then I play that maybe once every two months these days.

Pretty much played every other exclusive and I own most EA Access games and other multiplats on the PS4.

Is that a good game. I've been kinda wanting to get it but maybe I should wait for Forza 7?

Fredrik

I'm excited to use it as an occasional Minecraft machine as soon as I can port over my Switch world.
Is that possible? I thought the saves are locked to XB1 until forever. Switch world is smaller so how would they know what parts of the world to cut off if the save is moved to Switch?

OP: Get Xbox Game Pass. All my consoles have been collecting dust since I moved to PC for multiplats but Xbox Game Pass has been great for me to spend some time on console, it's perfect if you haven't spent too much money on games yet, there are lots of great games available. Try it, it's free for 14 days. Check the game list https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-complete-game-list
And then you have Forza Horizon 3, which is the best racer this gen. I usually play it on PC but since it's Play Anywhere I can play it on XB1 too with the family in the living room, it's really great on XB1 too. Super fun game, don't miss it!

Is that a good game. I've been kinda wanting to get it but maybe I should wait for Forza 7?
FM7 is about simulation, FH3 is about fun, more arcadey but still somewhat grounded in real car physics, and it's a total blast :)

JaffeLion

Banned
let me guess... you also have a PS4 and enjoy it so much more and use it every day at least 10h, right?

on a side note, since when are juniors allowed to create threads? lol

JettDash

let me guess... you also have a PS4 and enjoy it so much more and use it every day at least 10h, right?

I don't have a PS4. In fact I made it clear in this thread that I got the Xbox One S over the PS4.

I got demoted for three months for starting too many bad threads (I was drunk at the time).

Fredrik

OK. Thanks. I have some Amazon gift cards to spend so may get it.

Also, have you played FM7? It doesn't come out for another month or so, right.
Do it! :)

Regarding FM7, it comes out in September 29th if you buy the Ultimate Edition, and October 3rd if you go for the Standard Edition. It's Play Anywhere just like FH3 so if you have a PC or are planning to get one you'll have two awesome games there for "free".

$400 or so down the drain. Oh well.

273565.jpg

Pasedo

Man i can relate to alot of people here. I think im more excited about the idea of gaming than playing games. Like i buy and get excited about all the consoles and gaming tech. I have a Switch, Ps4 Pro, custom gtx 1080 PC, a gaming gtx 1070 laptop all of which i barely use. To top it off im getting excited about the X1X and will most likely buy it even though i know it will have a good few weeks use and then become neglected. I had a pretty good stint on the Switch with Zelda. Was playing every night for about a month but thats died off now. Only time i play is perhaps an hour on the laptop here and there playing Prey but it feels like im forcing myself. Whats wrong with me man. Im glad im not alone in this.

DxD

Banned

So salty. It is just a product, not a thing you need to defend.
But honestly, are there even games worth playing in 2017 on the XBOX compared to PS4 and Switch?
Even the PS4 and Switch are collecting dust, but XBOX is the worse out of everything. Even the Vita has more games than it.

Nosgotham

yeah i bought one about 6 months ago. my switch just sits on top if it. very dissapointed wuth the xbone exclusives or lack of

Luckydog

So salty. It is just a product, not a thing you need to defend.
But honestly, are there even games worth playing in 2017 on the XBOX compared to PS4 and Switch?
Even the PS4 and Switch are collecting dust, but XBOX is the worse out of everything. Even the Vita has more games than it.

Fight on console warrior, make sure you protect your favorite plastic box junior.....

Fredrik

Racing games, XB1 is far ahead in that genre (outside of PC) with multiplats plus 2 Forza Motorsport and 2 Forza Horizon, add FM7 in less than a month and Xbox will push ahead even further judging by the impressions from Gamescom. On PS4 we're still waiting for our first GT and from the sound of it many of us won't get the game we wanted.

dukie85

I actually just repurchased one (had OG Xbox One at launch). I was missing Sunset like crazy, and wanted to complete my current gen console collection. Compliments my PS4 and Switch just fine.

That's why I sold mine. I played Gears of War 4 regularly (MP) but usually with random teams and got bored. There was nothing much on the horizon as far as releases that interested me so I got rid of it. I was really hoping the X would sell me on something but it wasn't meant to be I guess.

Koyuga

I bought an Xbox One S to watch 4k blu rays and thats what I use it for. Not really invested in the platform so I got not much reason to get games on it rather than ps4/switch when they come out for multiple platforms. I should probably pick up a halo or something at some point.

Widge

I know this is a video game forum but is anyone else like this?

What is your lifestyle like?

I'm finding that I'm not playing games because things are too hectic.

Planning a wedding.
Getting my other half set up in a new studio for work.
Work is hard.
Trying to overcome writers block.
Children and DESTRUCT-O-HOUSE.

I just don't get time to sit down. I've had sessions where I've booted up Elite, farted about with my ship and then it is time for bed.

My play habits have changed. I've played more on mobile than on PC recently. I'm really looking forward to Final Fantasy XV Mobile as such. Thinking about starting FFVII on mobile again. And I'm glancing across at the Switch consistently with the portability aspect realllly singing to me.

Can't see myself upgrading my PC at the moment, cost cannot be justified. Should be able to coast on my 1070 for a few years at least.

Saiyan-Rox

Kinda in the same boat as the OP

My childhood pet gizmo died yesterday and was having issues coping so went and bought one as a distraction. Downloaded halo collection, the free skyrim, halo wars 1&2 (have these on PC) and I woke up this morning and am like what have I done I'll never use this thing! Only games I have on it that's not on PC is halo and I've got a PS4 Pro and gaming pc.

Got destiny and Forza horizon with it which I don't intend to play as I have destiny ordered on PC and racing games don't sit with me.

Damon

Recently re bought Gold to try and kickstart me into actually playing it and getting my moneys worth.

Plus I got a larger TV.

I've probably played it twice so far this month, and when I did they've not been Xbox One titles but Xbox 360 titles on backwards compatibility...

timberger

I hardly use my Xbox One either OP, so I can see where you're coming from. I've found it just hasn't proven to be a very interesting games console.

Data Ghost

Only game I can see me getting for my Xbox One S in the near future is CupHead and I don't need an Xbox One X for that. Love FH3 but its such a waste keeping a console for so few games.

In fact if anyone in the UK is interested in my XBOS, PM me.

BibiMaghoo

I didn't buy an Xbox because it has nothing I want to play enough. Last time I bought a console without putting thought into that was the Vita, and it sits by my TV reminding me not to be foolish again, even though I love the device.

JettDash

BbqF1H9.jpg

It's like saying you don't like music because you don't like Taylor Swift.

Well, I thought I would play it more when I bought it. Not sure it would really be different if I got a PS4 instead.

I mean, I loved games like Madden when I used to game, now, it doesn't really interest me that much. Though I thought I would get into it again.

Sony

Nintendo
Seems like most people didn't read the OP. The OP says he hardly every play games anymore, not that the Xbox One has no games, which could be an arguement, but for a different thread.

Kalnoky

I kind of did the same thing with a Switch a couple months ago. Held off buying one at launch, but then had some extra cash lying around and saw one at Target back in July and just bought it spur of the moment. Bought Mario Kart, BOTW, and Puyo Puyo Tetris. Also bought a pro controller and a memory stick.

...played Puyo Puyo for maybe an hour one day and haven't done anything else with it yet. Keep telling myself play through BOTW "when I have time".

Weeeeeee'll see.

Was planning on getting one for the sole purpose to play 4K blu-ray but cancel it after I learn that it has hiccup for certain movie

Mexen

Wow. I can't imagine spending that kind of money on a console and not play it. I guess life gets in the way the older you get.

JaffeLion

Banned
I spend more time updating it than playing it...

I have a PS4 and an Xbox One and finally decided to start playing GOW4.

After a small update to the system (300mb) I put on the PS4 while it was updating. Then turned on GOW4 and it needed a 40gb update... suffice to say, by the time it was actually finished I could be bothered anymore...

Story of the Xbox's life, always seems to be updating something I want to play...

turn on instant-on and you will never see a "please update"-screen ever again.

Bravestarr

Neo Member
Since there are very cheap Xbox One S bundles with Forza Horizon and other games currently available I thought I should buy one.

Serendipitously a neighbour gave me his xbox for a few days so I could check if really need another console next to my PS4 pro. I played Forza Horizon, Ori and Killer Instinct. I was impressed how good Forza looks and plays. Ori is great game but Killer Instinct was underwhelming.

What suprised me most was the fact that the xbox does not support HDMI CEC. I was not able to control the dashboard with my tv remote.

After a week I decided that I don't need an Xbox One S. But Ori should definitely be a multi platform title.

Top Bottom